Consequences of going under Bt400k in Thai bank on Non-O visa

Hi,

Obviously without the correct funds/income a Non-O visa cannot be extended.

However, are there any consequences if having a visa through the Bt800k in a Thai bank scenario if the balance drops below Bt400k during the year, e.g. is the visa invalidated?

Obviously it would mean the authorities doing a check for some obscure reason, but just wondered if there would be any issues from having less than the stipulated amount in the Thai bank?

• Confused 1

Just now, Aza90 said:

I annually have a Thai Wife stamp which is a permission to stay. Is it still the same that the 400k has to be in a Thai account for 2 months? Thanks

2 months plus under consideration period for some imm offices. Then you can withdraw.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

2 months plus under consideration period for some imm offices. Then you can withdraw.

Do they check again at the end of the 30 days consideration....I'm safe....but did pointedly ask the IO girls when I come back for my stamp I just need my passport....nothing else?......they said just your passport???

• Like 1

Just now, Surelynot said:

Do they check again at the end of the 30 days consideration....I'm safe....but did pointedly ask the IO girls when I come back for my stamp I just need my passport....nothing else?......they said just your passport???

I meant to add, check with your imm office. You did that already so your good.

Keep eye on thread to see if other advice.

As I understand it many offices do not require your bankbook for final stamp.

State your imm office and you have definite advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I meant to add, check with your imm office. You did that already so your good.

Keep eye on thread to see if other advice.

As I understand it many offices do not require your bankbook for final stamp.

State your imm office and you have definite advice.

My office Chaiyaphum for anyone reading.

I deal with Chaeng Wattana and it's normally 2 months at application. I'm in the UK so just sorting return and wanted to make sure it hadn't changed! Apologies for sort of hijacking the thread!

5 minutes ago, Aza90 said:

I deal with Chaeng Wattana and it's normally 2 months at application. I'm in the UK so just sorting return and wanted to make sure it hadn't changed! Apologies for sort of hijacking the thread!

Your not hijacking. Better to ask here than start new thread for minor question.

One of biggest issues re Thailand is that every immigration office has its own set of rules and even those change from time to time

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Aza90 said:

Thanks for clarifying, much appreciated. I'm hoping they'll give me a 60 day Tourist visa on entry but i suspect only 1 month stamp!

If you arrive without a visa you'll get a visa exempt entry, currently 45 days although presumably that will reduce in time as quarantine times go down.  You can always get a single tourist visa (60 days) before leaving the UK or indeed a non-O (marriage) which will give you a 90 day entry.  Many options.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

If you arrive without a visa you'll get a visa exempt entry, currently 45 days although presumably that will reduce in time as quarantine times go down.  You can always get a single tourist visa (60 days) before leaving the UK or indeed a non-O (marriage) which will give you a 90 day entry.  Many options.

Think the 45 day for visa exempt already stated till September so thinking that will not change

2 hours ago, Aza90 said:

2 hours ago, Aza90 said:

Thanks for clarifying, much appreciated. I'm hoping they'll give me a 60 day Tourist visa on entry but i suspect only 1 month stamp!

How long have you been in the UK?

What expiry date was on your last marriage extension?

Did you purchase a re-entry permit before leaving for the UK?

• Like 1

Nonthaburi checked very closely at extension time, but never, ever mentioned it during 90 day reports that I ended up doing in person half the time.  Rejecting bank letters is the newest game, but second or third try is a charm. 

29 minutes ago, erymax said:

Well, last year I too had to go back to IO in Sri Racha 3 months after my extension and show  bankbook with no less than 800K the past 3 months.  

There is small number of immigration offices that have the return after 3 months with bankbook nonsense.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It still only 2 months before the day you apply.

There have been reports of Chaeng Wattana immigration wanting your updated bank book and copy of it to prove it is still in the bank when you return at the end of the under consideration period.

Just did my extension for marriage last week and have to return on  April 23 for end of under consideration stamp. They told me  to keep the 400,000 baht in bank till then and bring bank book and copy of it updated on that day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

There is small number of immigration offices that have the return after 3 months with bankbook nonsense.

The PathumThani Office requires a return with bank book at 3 months AND at 6 months after extension.

What action does Thailand Immigration take if one's bank account never drops below 800,000 thb, yet the subject fails to return for the presentation of the bank book at the required interval after extension?

From my experience, one is not given a receipt nor a stamp in the passport to certify compliance with the required visit.  What potential action can one expect if one DOES present the bank book on the required date but the Immigration Office later claims it never happened?

Don't be tight. Pay a little bit of money and just get an agent to take care of the whole thing. Is saving 20 something thousand baht really worth all the effort and hassle? 

Doing it all yourself is for people that don't have money or don't value their time. Why bother when someone else can do everything for you. ????