Beloved family cat ends up as dinner for huge python

webfact

22 hours ago, robblok said:
22 hours ago, Letseng said:

Out of interest: name a country.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-45347136

There are more places. I might have been wrong calling it countries. But more and more places especially those close to nature are trying to set up laws keeping cats inside. 

Can you name a country/city/town in which what you claim actually happened?  The one that you linked to was a proposal that was quickly cancelled.

13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Can you name a country/city/town in which what you claim actually happened?  The one that you linked to was a proposal that was quickly cancelled.

I have been looking havent found it.. i read about it before but can't find it. So maybe it never went through.

I'm rearing as  many pythons as I can to release back to nature to get rid  of these  disgusting and now  prolific  amount of  cats  appearing nationwide, decimating Thai bird and wildlife, crapping like  crazy  over our land, covered in cat $hite. The  dogs  occasionally  rip  one to shreds, I don't  have dogs.   I mean the usual other Thai problem of   mongrels.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, robblok said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I have been looking havent found it.. i read about it before but can't find it. So maybe it never went through.

That was my point, it didn't happen and there aren't any countries/cities/towns anywhere that have banned cats.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That was my point, it didn't happen and there aren't any countries/cities/towns anywhere that have banned cats.

Not exactly true according to the EU rules they are not allowed to run free. In the Netherlands there is now a trial proces ongoing. A nature organization tries to enforce these rules. (use google translate)

https://www.parool.nl/nederland/loslopende-katten-strafbaar-mensen-realiseren-zich-niet-dat-poekie-s-nachts-een-jager-is~b31fda11/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F#:~:text=“Europese regels voor natuurbescherming zijn,Zij zijn strafbaar.”

https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/current/press-releases/cats-must-stay-indoors-protect-wildlife#:~:text=Regarding (owned) pet and farm,is forbidden and effectively prevented.

second one is in Eglish... but having a rule is one thing enforcing it is an other. 

On 4/5/2021 at 1:08 AM, Deli said:

May I have the snake for some time to clear up the Soi, please ?

My neighbor in Vietnam has a huge yellow rat snake, he brings it over once in a while to eat rats in our Rice storage room, turns it loose and in a couple days brings it out with a lot of lumps throughout whole body.   He also has a couple cobra's but damned if I will let him bring them over. (haha). His King Cobra eats other snakes, fantastic to watch, as long as it is in his or hers cage.

Edited by TunnelRat69

On 4/6/2021 at 1:15 PM, gunderhill said:

I'm rearing as  many pythons as I can to release back to nature to get rid  of these  disgusting and now  prolific  amount of  cats  appearing nationwide, decimating Thai bird and wildlife, crapping like  crazy  over our land, covered in cat $hite. The  dogs  occasionally  rip  one to shreds, I don't  have dogs.   I mean the usual other Thai problem of   mongrels.

Good for you, they can eat cats, rats, puppies, Water monitors you name it.  There was an NGO in Vietnam who gave you the snakes for free, all you had to do was buy the cages form them, fatten the snakes up then you release them into the paddies...........I had 16 at one time.   Kids would get out of school, catch rats in the fields, I buy them at about 15 baht a kilo(10,000 dong) to feed the snakes, when they got big enough, go out at night so no one can see where and turn them loose.  Win win, rats eat rice, snakes eat rats, lots of rice for people to eat.  Of course, people eat snakes as well,   ???? ???? ????.  

Edited by TunnelRat69