Can anyone clarify the "Volunteer Visa"?

11 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I agree that the UK should be more like Thailand in some respects. 

I'm a bit confused, you say in one post that you are on a volunteer visa.

Do you wish that people who don't qualify for a visa in your country are able to bypass the regulations by using corrupt police? 

Apologies if you are actually a legitimate volunteer. 

Why not if they have money ?

Anyway do you really think that it's different ? anybody with money can buy a EU passport and anybody with money can buy a green card in US. So what is the difference ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Can you obtain one of these volunteer visas whilst in the UK or do you need to be in Thailand to use these Agent services? Meeting the current UK 'essential' international travel criteria is a challenge and I don't think you could enter on a Tourist Visa simply saying I will be sorting the Volunteer visa via a local Visa Agent once I get out of ASQ will be suffice!

Best legit option appears to be the many volunteer options online with short 1/2 week stays for £1k (Elephant Conservation / Helphing Single Mother Foundations etc) & take the financial hit to get into Thailand. Sounds like a very rewarding experience too! 

If there are alternative options which don't require any actual volunteering, these would be of interest. The UK Gov have muted changes to international travel by 27th May but I won't hold my breath. Good to understand other options. 

• Confused 1

On 4/5/2021 at 5:41 PM, DrJack54 said:

So currently you are on annual extensions based on retirement?

The best option is to obtain annual extension yourself based on retirement. That has financial requirements as you would know. 

If you prefer not to meet those requirements or cannot then you can use an agent. Since you only need the extension that would cost ~ 16k.

35 to 45 k if you live on one of the islands if I could get it for 16 k I would jump at it rather than have 800,000k languishing in my scb bank which has now relocated 3 times during the past 8 years  ☹️☹️☹️

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

35 to 45 k if you live on one of the islands if I could get it for 16 k I would jump at it rather than have 800,000k languishing in my scb bank which has now relocated 3 times during the past 8 years  ☹️☹️☹️

You would go down the illegal road rather than follow the law?

Says a lot.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not an expert at all on the different types of visas available to those wishing to be in Thailand for whatever reasons.  I will say this, and I am not promoting or denigrating their religion, the LDS Church has a lot of missionaries in Thailand.  They must know very well how to obtain the proper visas for their missionaries that are living in Thailand for 18-24 months. Perhaps one could contact them for advice on how to go about securing a volunteer visa.  

18 hours ago, crazykopite said:

if you live on one of the islands if I could get it for 16 k I would jump at it

Please send my staff a message, we offer our services to those who live outside of Bangkok as well.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Haha 1