BMA reserves 6,000 doses of vaccine for people related to Thonglor COVID-19 cluster

snoop1130

Vaccination.jpg

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration’s (BMA) COVID-19 vaccine management committee is to set aside 6,000 doses of vaccine for people at high risk linked to the Thonglor cluster.

Spokesman for City Hall, Pol. Cpt. Pongsakorn Kwanmuang, said Monday that the committee, at its emergency meeting today, decided to use 6,000 doses to inoculate health officials, employees of entertainment venues, and people who had close-contact with the infected in the

Thonglor area. The inoculations will take place outside a hospital, in the same way as for the Bang Khae cluster, he added.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bma-reserves-6000-doses-of-vaccine-for-people-related-to-thonglor-covid-19-cluster/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-04-05

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Spokesman for City Hall, Pol. Cpt. Pongsakorn Kwanmuang, said Monday that the committee, at its emergency meeting today, decided to use 6,000 doses to inoculate health officials, employees of entertainment venues, and people who had close-contact with the infected in the

The answer is stop inoculating the elderly, start vaccinating the younger generation who are most likely to spread/catch the Covid virus.

This method can’t work, surely. I get the impression Thailand is treating the virus like an inanimate object and is intent on killing it stone dead, which can’t be done. 

• Like 1

Why waste vaccines on covidiots who have to scratch an itch. Just round them up and dump them on a very small island in the Gulf. By all means vaccinate health workers and bar staff but don't waste precious vaccines which are better deployed on those who give a damn and think of others. Dosing covidiots ( especially those from Chonburi) is rewarding them for their appallingly bad behavior!

• Like 2

Reading about Such a response and idea led to  a sick feeling  in my stomach over the ignorance.  It must be for show.  And those who brag that Thailand did an amazing job cause me similar pain.  It was dumb luck and initially the less virulent strain. I believe thai people are resistant to lung problems.  I may have had the virus in early Jan, 5 days after, a transit in Shanghai.  5 days and nights with uncontrollable coughing, fever, holes up in a condo and my GF home from 7pm -8 am and she didn't catch it.  I also had a similar but milder lung issue 2 years prior and she didn't get that either.  There must be a reason they would not follow typical and stated vaccine protocol of no favoritism.

Perhaps this is an excuse to  give the vaccine to many HISO partier people in BKK.  I'm sure they have been expecting to, and disappointed, and complaining about, not being able to bypass the line. 

I sure hope the mutated strains don't get a toehold in Thailand.  What tourist would be so desperate to travel to an outbreak area that Phuket will surely become.  With no or little quarantine.  All the influencers posting there numerous trips to Phuket and this past weeks renewal of some famous music DJ parties at some beach club that was shown all over IG .  Lots of hotties I'm bikini's but not a mask one.  It may have been outside, I couldn't tell,  but almost as crowded as any cramped rave party.  

Edited by Elkski
  • Like 1