All Male Boarding Schools

cm-happy

Are all male boarding schools, with limited female companionship, teaching young guys, more than just academics, but possibly teaching them gayness. Have heard of some experiences by friends in US. that while they were attending, were first introduced to gay sex.

This is perhaps the same in many western countries, if not Thailand.

Yes , I know that if someone has gay proclivities it should not matter how, or where he first experienced gay sex. If a straight gay can also just say Thank you, no thank you.

Any one have any experiences or thoughts about all male boarding schools.

But then I'm digressing into another possible thread.

Is being gay a matter or nature(born gay) or nurture (learnd behavior)

Are all male boarding schools, with limited female companionship, teaching young guys, more than just academics, but possibly teaching them gayness. Have heard of some experiences by friends in US. that while they were attending, were first introduced to gay sex.

Yes , I know that if someone has gay proclivities it should not matter how, or where he first experienced gay sex. If a straight gay can also just say Thank you, no thank you.

You bring up a lot of loaded questions. One of our regular, gay, farang expatriates tried to ask a similar question once (whether it was true that the old English boys' boarding schools had much forced rape).

I assume you mean a boarding school in Thailand, where most of the boarders have been raised in the West. In my limited recent experiences (raising American teenagers), adolescence for some Westerners can be experimental, including willing experimentation with their peers, even of the same gender.

I don't know whether farang students in Thailand have been converted into full-blown homophobes by their teen years.

All behavior is learned. Most gay people believe they are born gay, and the behavior is just how they learned to express their nature. Say, for example, that you were born straight. You never thought you were gay, and nobody taught you (although you knew about it). To a degree, most cultures with strict assignments of gender-specific behavior roles do teach that regular males are more active, less obedient, more likely to be a bully, etc. But colors vary by nationality - pink is not gay!

Now I have to run off, without a handbag.

I don't believe you will find much more 'experimentation' in single gender schools than out in the regular population when speaking about men ..... I would however guess that you might when dealing with female boarding schools.

I don't believe you will find much more 'experimentation' in single gender schools than out in the regular population when speaking about men ..... I would however guess that you might when dealing with female boarding schools.

Not sure why you make the remark about men/women unless it's a gender prejudice.

I would imagine being confined 24/7 to a same-sex environment in the "lustfull teens"

will lead some youngsters into "mortal sin" as the Catholic fundamentalists would say.

Being only a day pupil in an establishment run by guys wearing black frocks I cannot

comment directly but I have been told by an unimpeachable source who attended a

Catholic boarder for girls that there were often strange sounds in the dorm after lights out.

I am pretty sure that had I found myself in a similar facility for boys I would have slept

with my trousers on and firmly belted.

Not sure why you make the remark about men/women unless it's a gender prejudice.

I would imagine being confined 24/7 to a same-sex environment in the "lustfull teens"

will lead some youngsters into "mortal sin" as the Catholic fundamentalists would say.

Being only a day pupil in an establishment run by guys wearing black frocks I cannot

comment directly but I have been told by an unimpeachable source who attended a

Catholic boarder for girls that there were often strange sounds in the dorm after lights out.

I am pretty sure that had I found myself in a similar facility for boys I would have slept

with my trousers on and firmly belted.

Not gender prejudice ... but thanks for the thought :o Men are just a tish more active at a younger age than women ... those that are likely to fool around in the learning process will do it ... I will leave you to Kinsey and those that followed him in that field to verify this :D

:o I was a boarder at a Catholic Junior Seminary from age 16 to 18 and can tell you that

I was seduced by a 15 year old fellow seminarian....and later from 18 to 21, at the Major Seminary

again by a fellow student...and was ridden with guilt on both occaisons and it took many more years

after leaving the Seminary to come to terms with my sexuality...spilt guilt, hideousss!! Both of

these men are now grandfathers however I am a happy homo in Bangkok, funny word that, in

the context of discussing ones gay experiences, even more amusing was that the minor seminary

was located in a rural town in New South Wales, Australia, called Galong...did I really have a chance!!

And now have been Gay for a Long time...chuckle! :D Dukkha

This seems to be a case of trying to see the world as black or white.

Most people can readily observe that the world is filled with color.

Varying shades of mauve seem to predominate certain venues.

I attended boarding schools for many years during a time when coed boarding schools weren't the norm.

The homo boys stuck out. They weren't treated with much respect. Homosexuality certainly wasn't part of the curriculum. The all male boarding school would be better described as a homophobe breeding ground.

This seems to be a case of trying to see the world as black or white.

Most people can readily observe that the world is filled with color.

Varying shades of mauve seem to predominate certain venues.

I attended boarding schools for many years during a time when coed boarding schools weren't the norm.

The homo boys stuck out. They weren't treated with much respect. Homosexuality certainly wasn't part of the curriculum. The all male boarding school would be better described as a homophobe breeding ground.

but you didn't answer the question ... how many were fooling around? not who was gay :o but having seen angry resentful folks .. and knowing guy's penchant for fooling around when young <through my experiences of being young ... :D > well .... the phobes were usually just the one's that actually were gay and came out much later :D

[.... the phobes were usually just the one's that actually were gay and came out much later :D

Interesting observation....Curious as to how it came to be! I certainly didn't see it during my years of non-coed boarding school.

To me the OP is making the erroneous assumption that just because you group a bunch of men/boys together you are going to have gay sex.

It's like saying everyone is a homosexual by nature and it is by nurture that you become heterosexual.

I've observed that it is the homosexuals who try to paint everyone as homosexual to rationalize their behavior as being the norm. Alfred Kinsey was one the first ones to do this. Much to his discredit.

Can you really be serious to suggest heterosexuality isn't normal? :o

Edited by borracho

[.... the phobes were usually just the one's that actually were gay and came out much later :D

Interesting observation....Curious as to how it came to be! I certainly didn't see it during my years of non-coed boarding school.

To me the OP is making the erroneous assumption that just because you group a bunch of men/boys together you are going to have gay sex.

It's like saying everyone is a homosexual by nature and it is by nurture that you become heterosexual.

I've observed that it is the homosexuals who try to paint everyone as homosexual to rationalize their behavior as being the norm. Alfred Kinsey was one the first ones to do this. Much to his discredit.

Can you really be serious to suggest heterosexuality isn't normal? :o

Nope I am suggesting what Kinsey suggested <and many many after him> ... that sexuality isn't static it is dynamic .... Sorry if that offends you but it seems to be the current thought in the field with very little change since the 1950's. If you happen to be 100% heterosexual then you are in the minority. That doesn't mean that even men that are 99% homosexual ever have sex with men.

Why be afrid of human sexuality when it doesn't affect you? 'phobes are a funny lot and more often than not have severe issues with their own sexuality. Folks from the Judeo/Christian/Islam background have far more trouble with this at least intellectually than folks from elsewhere!

Thai folks just don't care who you sleep with if you are a decent person <and strangely I have found that to be true even in the Muslim village I live in!> But then again they are Thai first ... :D

And ... just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there :D Could be many reasons you didn't see it! Not cute? Obnoxious? Zealously religious? didn't brush your teeth? weren't cool? weren't a nerd? you had a GF and folks just didn't bother?

Where was this non-coed school you attended and was it public or religious?

Edited by jdinasia

Young males who identify as heterosexual can potentially over time become lifetime homosexuals from the repeated positive reinforcement of pleasure (orgasms) they get from situational and/or commercial gay sex. That is what I learned in college. Homosexual experimentation is very common with young males but the majority of those that do experiment do not grow up to be gay adults. However, these categories are Western linear ones; as has been suggested, ways of looking at sexual orientation categories are not at all universal.

Edited by Jingthing

Nope I am suggesting what Kinsey suggested <and many many after him> ... that sexuality isn't static it is dynamic

Kinsey was discredited because he manipulated his research and advocated sex with children.

Kinsey laid the foundations of the modern views of sexuality.

Seems like shaky ground to base ones life on.

.... Sorry if that offends you but it seems to be the current thought in the field with very little change since the 1950's. If you happen to be 100% heterosexual then you are in the minority. That doesn't mean that even men that are 99% homosexual ever have sex with men.
What offends me is intolerance and double standards.
Why be afrid of human sexuality when it doesn't affect you? 'phobes are a funny lot and more often than not have severe issues with their own sexuality. Folks from the Judeo/Christian/Islam background have far more trouble with this at least intellectually than folks from elsewhere!

Unlike some many of us have lives that don't revolve around an obsession with sex.

Generally the homosexuals I encounter are more obsessed with sex that other segments of the population.

Just having a homosexual sub-forum proves it.

Talk about bar girls here and you get directed to another forum.

Thai folks just don't care who you sleep with if you are a decent person <and strangely I have found that to be true even in the Muslim village I live in!> But then again they are Thai first ... :D
It boils down to ones humanity doesn't it?
And ... just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there :D Could be many reasons you didn't see it! Not cute? Obnoxious? Zealously religious? didn't brush your teeth? weren't cool? weren't a nerd? you had a GF and folks just didn't bother?

It was a private school in New Hampshire. Not overtly religious or otherwise, focus was on a balanced education.

We weren't encouraged to experiment with homosexual sex, though I know some who did.

I didn't feel overtly compelled.

Why do you feel compelled to suggest denigrating scenarios because I didn't participate in homosexual activities?

Why do many homosexuals feel compelled to share their sexuality and encourage others to try it?

Why are homosexuals so quick to label as "homophobe" or "religious zealot" anyone who dares to point out the fundamental fallacies of Alfred Kinsey?

Never mind I know. I suppose if I'd built my life around such a shaky philosophy I'd be defensive as well. :o

Nope I am suggesting what Kinsey suggested <and many many after him> ... that sexuality isn't static it is dynamic

Kinsey was discredited because he manipulated his research and advocated sex with children.

Kinsey laid the foundations of the modern views of sexuality.

Seems like shaky ground to base ones life on.

.... Sorry if that offends you but it seems to be the current thought in the field with very little change since the 1950's. If you happen to be 100% heterosexual then you are in the minority. That doesn't mean that even men that are 99% homosexual ever have sex with men.
What offends me is intolerance and double standards.

Unlike some many of us have lives that don't revolve around an obsession with sex.

Generally the homosexuals I encounter are more obsessed with sex that other segments of the population.

Just having a homosexual sub-forum proves it.

Talk about bar girls here and you get directed to another forum.

It boils down to ones humanity doesn't it?

It was a private school in New Hampshire. Not overtly religious or otherwise, focus was on a balanced education.

We weren't encouraged to experiment with homosexual sex, though I know some who did.

Why do you feel compelled to suggest denigrating scenarios because I didn't participate in homosexual activities?

Why do many homosexuals feel compelled to share their sexuality and encourage others to try it?

Why are homosexuals so quick to label as "homophobe" or "religious zealot" anyone who dares to point out the fundamental fallacies of Alfred Kinsey?

Never mind I know. I suppose if I'd built my life around such a shaky philosophy I'd be defensive as well. :o

555555! You are pretty funny!

point by point ......

First ... Kinsey --- <and those after him> Thought in the field of human sexuality hasn't changed regarding men much at all since the 50's .... Kinsey and those that followed after him in the field still suggest that human sexuality is dynamic not static.

Second .... the only intolerance I see here is in you and your posts. Double standards? We aren't discussing barboys or that scene here yet further down you suggest that we are :D

Third --- intolerance again ... Obsession with sex? Read through this subforum ... very little is about sex. (when it is it is often valid.) So gays are obsessed with sex! Yes you must be right! That's why Patpong and Nana and Cowboy and every other adult entertainment area in Thailand exists .. to cater to those gays obsessed with sex! Oh wait! those are straight areas!

Fourth.... So you went to a private boarding school in New Hampshire! Cool! The school was about education! wow! aren't all schools supposed to be about that? now here is where it gets interesting! Before you said that you never saw the homosexual link to this topic as valid because you didn't see it at that school! but NOW

So it in fact WAS there at your school! Nobody is talking about being compelled into having sex here ... in fact I assume that no more guys in a boarding school would participate than outside of a boarding school. I think the numbers with women in boarding schools would have numbers slightly higher than the general population though.

and finally .... trust me .. nobody here is encouraging you to have gay sex! People get labeled 'phobes just for the reasons that you hate above ... intolerance and double standards! I don't in the least care who you sleep with .... as long as he or she is over the age of consent! You attack Kinsey ... but totally ignore all the researchers in sexuality and gender that came after :D Why do you attack Kinsey? Oh yeah he implies that you might not be 100% str8!

Bor .... take a look at your responses and think about Gestalt therapy and what it would imply in this situation :bah:

LOUANN BRIZENDINE, M.D. in her recent book, The Female Brain, cites an interesting study that finds males think about sex on the average of once every 52 seconds, while the subject crosses women's minds about once a day.

Maybe the "obsession with sex" is simply a male characteristic? Check out the overriding gender of the tourist crowd at Patong, Nana, etc. Any objections? :o

Edited by toptuan

LOUANN BRIZENDINE, M.D. in her recent book, The Female Brain, cites an interesting study that finds males think about sex on the average of once every 52 seconds, while the subject crosses women's minds about once a day.

Maybe the "obsession with sex" is simply a male characteristic? Check out the overriding gender of the tourist crowd at Patong, Nana, etc. Any objections? :o

My observations are more direct ......

your average guy walks down the street see's a cute girl, she see's him ... they pass each other ....

The guy will turn around and look and the girl generally won't <lower Suk excluded!>

2 Gay men in the same situation ... both turn and look.

It's not a gay thing ... it is a MAN thing!

Why do you attack Kinsey? Oh yeah he implies that you might not be 100% str8!

If you did your homework you would find how Kinsey's research was fraudulent. His test subjects where from a prison population. According to Kinsey everyone is homosexual. Simple logic dictates otherwise.

And again just because I don't kowtow to the convoluted and erroneous postulations of homosexual dogma you suggest I need therapy!!!! Are you unable to discuss this issue without denigrating or insulting me?

You can live your life as you choose, it only bothers me when I see homosexual recruiting attempts in schools which are based on the fundamental lies of Alfred Kinsey.

I wasn't until 1972 when the APA removed homosexuality from their list of pathologies.

Care to venture a guess who influenced that decision?

If you did your homework you would find how Kinsey's research was fraudulent. His test subjects where from a prison population. According to Kinsey everyone is homosexual. Simple logic dictates otherwise.

And again just because I don't kowtow to the convoluted and erroneous postulations of homosexual dogma you suggest I need therapy!!!! Are you unable to discuss this issue without denigrating or insulting me?

You can live your life as you choose, it only bothers me when I see homosexual recruiting attempts in schools which are based on the fundamental lies of Alfred Kinsey.

I wasn't until 1972 when the APA removed homosexuality from their list of pathologies.

LOL ... still fighting Kinsey ......!!

I think you would fing that on the old Kinsey 1-6 scale that he postulated that 10% hit either end. So your statements above are again erroneous ....

Who influenced the decision? A great many people! But thanks for after implying that gays are sex-obsessed we are also pathologically unsound! .... intolerance and double standrads indeed!

Now back to your statements about your boarding school ... the effiminate guys were picked on .. you weren't included in any homosexual experimentation ... and yuo weren't privy to any other goings on ... does that sum up what you really have to contribute?

ED ... BTW Bor .....

Bor .... take a look at your responses and think about Gestalt therapy and what it would imply in this situation
does NOT state that you need therapy ... it asks what would gestalt therapy have to say about your behavior!

2nd Ed ---- but I do think you have it right in your particular circumstances ... in one of your first posts you said that boarding schools created 'phobes ... that seems to be true in your case :o

Edited by jdinasia

So you think they will be putting it back in the list of pathologies?

Did you know in the 1800s most of the men in mental hospitals in the US were in for masturbation? That was considered a mental illness at that time.

Thats off the list too. What bug is up your mangina about gay people?

I hear they are creating a new classification, the attacking Kinsey compulsion disorder. The treatment is actually having to read his studies.

Edited by Jingthing

Kinsey's test subjects were not from a prison population; very few if any were. Many of his people (and 'test subjects' is not the right term) whom he interviewed at great length were members of the Rotary, church groups, veterans, etc. Please, borracho, do your homework for the first time, on your own. Please don't just mouth something erroneous you heard on a homophobic or sexophobic website.

Kinsey didn't say everybody was homosexual or heterosexual; he made a 7-point scale or continuum between the extremes, and made allowances for adolescent experimentation.

:o I think we are all polymorphus in a sexual sense..in saying that, the continum line for sexuality

does not have a beginning and an end...it is a sliding scale of ones desires/wants/lust/predilictions/horniness/preferences/mood/aroom/ etc..the many wimmin with whom I had sexual relationships were most comfortable, but the many men with whom I have had sexual encounters with outweighed the eros for me, thus I have chosen the attraction of men..in fact the man I sleep with is a homosexual thai man..there is no more attraction for sexual encounters with wimmin...but so often I prefer their company to that of homosexual men...why?....I am what I am and dont need graces...etc...It's not easy being hard.. :D Dukkha