Songkran exodus as millions head home - but Thai media point to threat of virus spread

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Health minister Anutin Charnvirakul - a key advocate of Songkran travel this year - is reportedly quarantining at home in other reports in the Thai media.

If he is quarantining at home he would have been tested for covid so I wonder if we will get the results soon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

the scary part is the ministers likely do not even see the sure-to-happen problem

The ministers don't see it and those traveling or planning to travel don't see it, everybody seems to be going blind in Thailand. 

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The ministers don't see it and those traveling or planning to travel don't see it, everybody seems to be going blind in Thailand. 

I think a lot of ministers might be too busy covering their tracks to see anything.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Health minister Anutin Charnvirakul - a key advocate of Songkran travel this year - is reportedly quarantining at home in other reports in the Thai media.

If he is "quarantining" at home the must mean he is infected and if he is infected why is he not in a hospital or better yet a field hospital?Is he "self hiding" from the effects of his decisions?How many other hiso's get to "quarantine" at home?

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

Do you work for the CCP?  

It has been over one year, and you still have questions?  lol

No one has come clean and we really need them to do so. I know you think the CCP is behind this coverup and so so do I but the world needs proof and they need to know the whole story of what was behind this.

• Confused 1

I've seen today in our Soi many people arriving from Bkk for the holiday to see family. 

Never had anyone getting C19 in our village.

I'm steering clear of all of them and my mrs is concerned and not letting anyone in our house.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Why should their be any blame?  Whether it's Spanish Flu, SARS, bird flu or AIDS, viruses and potential pandemics are, and have always been, part of life.

I would add bubonic plaque to that also . You are correct part of natures rituals. The only blame that can be apportioned is upon those that deliberately ignore best practice in dealing with the issues.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Excel said:

The only blame that can be apportioned is upon those that deliberately ignore best practice in dealing with the issues.

Or those who cover up the truth and spread a filthy virus to the world!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1