Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to share this and curious if anyone had the same experience?

Foolishly i lost my id and needed a replacement.  I went to the office that originally issued my id with my Thai passport and a copy of my id.

Went to the counter signed a few forms and waited the queue for my photo and digital fingerprints.

My turn for the photo and prints the lady said they didn't match. I asked to try again and same issue not matching.

She then had her supervisor come over and he said my wife needs to sign a paper as a guarantor.

Was thinking if my wife wasn't available then what?

My wife came signed the guarantor paper and all the problems went away .

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

When I became Thai, I changed many things but never went to the tax office to change my tax number as I had retired.

Just thinking about it now, as I am taking some cash in from abroad and there might be some hurdles to overcome.

Is my tax ID number going to be the same as before I became Thai?

2 hours ago, sinthavee said:

Your Tax ID will remain there same as before(My Tax ID dogs not change even after I updated my status change).

My tax ID changed to my Thai ID when I informed the tax office of the change in my status.

• Like 1

Another friend of mine who just started the process last year completed his NIA interview and his documents have been sent to the MOI.

I'm still waiting for the RG announcement for mine to be completed. No news from SB on that as of yesterday.

1 minute ago, Marcati said:

Another friend of mine who just started the process last year completed his NIA interview and his documents have been sent to the MOI.

I'm still waiting for the RG announcement for mine to be completed. No news from SB on that as of yesterday.

Thanks for the update

• Thumbs Up 1

I was informed by my contact in MOI that the current government is not interested in processing citizenship applications.

He has no idea when the next MOI interview will be conducted

28 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

I was informed by my contact in MOI that the current government is not interested in processing citizenship applications.

If true, that totally sucks. But I seem to recall that it was terrible during the last Pheu Thai govts as was the PR scheme. Crazy that things improved under a coup government, only to revert to the old norm. 

On 2/12/2024 at 6:10 PM, DrJoy said:

I wonder if that means Anutin won't release the RG announcement for the completed ones too 😞

• 2 weeks later...

we are lucky whose MOI interview completed in Dec 2019.
people are still waiting for there que.

HOW i don't know, i applied in March 2018 Got MOI interview 2019 Dec , RG 2021 AUG.

• Like 1

My application was recently passed from Special Branch to MOI.

I think it would have taken longer to complete the step with the local police station, but my husband happens to have a friend who knows someone high up in our particular neighborhood station. He made a phone call for us, and this seems to have accelerated progress after an initial delay (likely due to our trip abroad causing a loss of momentum) with that step.

Expecting the wait for an MOI interview to be long, but hoping it will come quickly.

All in all, we are pleased with the process so far. It seems like we've been treated fairly and even reasonably accommodated when possible. That said, I am mostly an outsider to the process since my husband handles nearly all interactions.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, rsskga said:

but hoping it will come quickly

2019 batch are still waiting for their MOI interview

You have a long way ahead

• Sad 2

On 3/5/2024 at 3:01 PM, DrJoy said:

2019 batch are still waiting for their MOI interview

You have a long way ahead

To clarify, are all 2019 applicants still waiting for their MOI interview, or an unlucky subset of them? Thanks.

Edited by rsskga

3 hours ago, Marcati said:

🤞 😰

Funny enough, we got a message from SB 3 hours ago that everyone on the latest list from the Palace has finished swearing in and all paperwork being prepared to send to Anutin for signature and then publication.

• Love It 1