1 million doses of Sinovac vaccine arrive in Thailand

webfact

"1 million more doses of COVID-19 vaccine available to Thai people."

It is like a <deleted> in Mississippi, Thailand has a population of 70 million people and would need 100 million doses in order to vaccinate 50 million of them twice.

4 hours ago, davemos said:

Reuters reports that China is trying to cover the fact that Sino vac is less than 50% effective .

Just red this weekend, the Chinese admitted the vaccine wasnt that effective as the others.

It's up now to Thai government if they keep up with it or not. 

If it's not that effective , you will have fake security and have problems later on again.

Anutin had THAI experimental drug and Prayut again had Astra , i red. Amazing

Astra in problems as they found out blood clogging could appear and you can die.

Differences are made who gets what vaccine, really incredible.

Mama, we are all crazy now as a popsong popped up.

Malaysia has today selected Sinovac for vaccination of its population over 60 years of age.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2021/04/681704/covid-19-vaccine-senior-citizens-get-sinovac

"JKJAV has reviewed the data and based on the trials in Brazil in which its paper is currently under review, (it showed that) the secondary efficacy against moderate and severe cases of Covid-19 for Sinovac were 83.7 per cent for moderate cases and 100 per cent for severe cases.

"So this vaccine is effective in preventing severe cases of Covid-19. This is precisely what we want to avoid for Phase 2 and for the senior citizens because over 80 per cent mortality from Covid-19 are those aged 60 and above.

"So you can give them 100 per cent protection against severe cases of Covid-19 which the Sinovac vaccine does afford and provide. This is something we need to continue and use to protect senior citizens.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pilot3Boz said:

This slide shows it all too clearly that Sinovac is <deleted> as been rumored....  

F4ABDDB1-A2B8-4A9E-81E9-2E04C8EDEB8E.jpeg

Typical misleading post. As even the latest report on Sinovac's vaccine say, it is virtually 100% effective in stopping severe symptoms and death. If the worst the happens is after being infected you come down with symptoms resembling a mild bout of flu, who cares?

It should also be noted that the chart says nothing about T-cells.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Typical misleading post. As even the latest report on Sinovac's vaccine say, it is virtually 100% effective in stopping severe symptoms and death. If the worst the happens is after being infected you come down with symptoms resembling a mild bout of flu, who cares?

It should also be noted that the chart says nothing about T-cells.

Wow. You really defend the Chinese vaccines. Odd that anyone would do that considering the pain and suffering they have unleashed on the world. Are you familiar with the term "wumao"? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Wow. You really defend the Chinese vaccines. Odd that anyone would do that considering the pain and suffering they have unleashed on the world. Are you familiar with the term "wumao"? 

Do you understand the difference between a scientific issue on the one hand and a human rights issue on the other? Yes, the Chinese govt is awful but what has that got to do with whether or not a vaccine made by a Chinese company  is useful or not? If the Chinese govt  mended its ways, would the vaccine become more effective?

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Do you understand the difference between a scientific issue on the one hand and a human rights issue on the other? Yes, the Chinese govt is awful but what has that got to do with whether or not a vaccine made by a Chinese company  is useful or not? If the Chinese govt  mended its ways, would the vaccine become more effective?

There are some people here that like to hate on everything related to China.  Not just their gov't but the Chinese people themselves.  You can draw your own conclusions what their motivations are. 

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Excel said:

More poor quality product from China, this time injected into the arms of Thais to a fanfare by the Thai government.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/official-chinese-vaccines-effectiveness-low/2021/04/11/437eb9ce-9a88-11eb-8f0a-3384cf4fb399_story.html

From the above:

"the government is considering mixing them"

My gawd, what do they think they are making - moonshine?" ????

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

Typical misleading post. As even the latest report on Sinovac's vaccine say, it is virtually 100% effective

A link to this, from a reputable, credible source will be most appreciated. Are you able to do that?

16 minutes ago, faraday said:

A link to this, from a reputable, credible source will be most appreciated. Are you able to do that?

From my brief search, this from March 31st.

"Sinovac’s vaccine showed varied efficacy readings of between 50.65% and 83.5% based on trials from Brazil, Turkey and Indonesia."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-who-china-vaccines-idUSKBN2BN1K8

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, davemos said:

Reuters reports that China is trying to cover the fact that Sino vac is less than 50% effective .

Yes, I had a brief conversation with someone ('placeholder' IIRC) who says that's all nonsense and that Sinovac is (to all intents and purposes) 100% effective. Doesn't quite gel with what the newspapers say, but I wasn't going to stray outside of my lane beyond what I had already done, Perhaps he knows more than me - it wouldn't be very hard.

11 hours ago, Spilornis said:

Malaysia has today selected Sinovac for vaccination of its population over 60 years of age.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2021/04/681704/covid-19-vaccine-senior-citizens-get-sinovac

"JKJAV has reviewed the data and based on the trials in Brazil in which its paper is currently under review, (it showed that) the secondary efficacy against moderate and severe cases of Covid-19 for Sinovac were 83.7 per cent for moderate cases and 100 per cent for severe cases.

"So this vaccine is effective in preventing severe cases of Covid-19. This is precisely what we want to avoid for Phase 2 and for the senior citizens because over 80 per cent mortality from Covid-19 are those aged 60 and above.

"So you can give them 100 per cent protection against severe cases of Covid-19 which the Sinovac vaccine does afford and provide. This is something we need to continue and use to protect senior citizens.

It's always an interesting exercise to look at the number of posts someone doing this has made on the forum. Night of the 'bots and shills perhaps?

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

You don't seem to understand the issue of trust. The Chinese rely on people like you who will trust their manipulations. 

Japan, Taiwan, many Koreans and even Chinese elites in China won't take the Chinese vaccines. Sometimes you should consider trusting the people who know the Chinese the best. 

To add to the last few comments...

Some people posted several months ago' that who would trust a vaccine that comes from the country where the virus started.

Seems they were right. However, Mr Placeholder, I hope will be able to 'put us right', na?

????

• Thanks 1

Meanwhile China ordered 100 million doses of Pfizer and inked a deal with Astrazeneca

A Chinese drugmaker has secured 100 million doses of the coronavirus vaccine co-developed by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE, as the country seeks overseas shots in addition to home-made ones to ensure immunization for the world’s most populous nation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/china-secures-100-million-doses-of-biontech-shot-to-boost-supply

31 minutes ago, faraday said:

To add to the last few comments...

Some people posted several months ago' that who would trust a vaccine that comes from the country where the virus started.

Seems they were right. However, Mr Placeholder, I hope will be able to 'put us right', na?

????

Why does it seem that they were right? What has the origin of the virus got to do with the vaccine against it? Does this go for all vaccines? That if a disease is found to have originated in a country, then a vaccine created there is prima facie discredited? Just because animus against a country's govt may be justified on some counts, why does that mean that products from that country are not to be trusted? How can I put right beliefs that are based on a generalizing hostility?

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Meanwhile China ordered 100 million doses of Pfizer and inked a deal with Astrazeneca

A Chinese drugmaker has secured 100 million doses of the coronavirus vaccine co-developed by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE, as the country seeks overseas shots in addition to home-made ones to ensure immunization for the world’s most populous nation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/china-secures-100-million-doses-of-biontech-shot-to-boost-supply

I'm not sure what the relevance of this is to the question of the usefulness of the Chinese vaccine. Maybe you're just posting it as just an item of general interest?

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Why does it seem that they were right? What has the origin of the virus got to do with the vaccine against it? Does this go for all vaccines? That if a disease is found to have originated in a country, then a vaccine created there is prima facie discredited? Just because animus against a country's govt may be justified on some counts, why does that mean that products from that country are not to be trusted? How can I put right beliefs that are based on a generalizing hostility?

Nothing, at all to do with "Animus".

I explained my opinion, & there are facts supporting that their vaccine isn't so good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/official-chinese-vaccines-effectiveness-low/2021/04/11/437eb9ce-9a88-11eb-8f0a-3384cf4fb399_story.html

Or is that wrong, & you are somehow right?

????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I'm not sure what the relevance of this is to the question of the usefulness of the Chinese vaccine. Maybe you're just posting it as just an item of general interest?

Bit of critical thinking required I believe.

????

• Like 1

Interesting article here on the Chinese vaccines:

China’s Dangerous Game Around Covid-19 Vaccines

Now, the authorities have moved to detain vaccine safety advocates, censor information critical of the Chinese-made vaccines, and spread disinformation about non-Chinese vaccines.

None of the vaccines have received full regulatory approval or released phase 3 trial data.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/03/04/chinas-dangerous-game-around-covid-19-vaccines

3 hours ago, faraday said:

From the above:

"the government is considering mixing them"

My gawd, what do they think they are making - moonshine?" ????

"Experts say mixing vaccines, or sequential immunization, might boost effectiveness. Researchers in Britain are studying a possible combination of Pfizer-BioNTech and the traditional AstraZeneca vaccine."

My God, what do the British think they are making - moonshine?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, faraday said:

Bit of critical thinking required I believe.

????

Here's some critical thinking for you. Chinese has previously been criticized for the slow pace of its vaccination program. Now that it's speeding it up, it's getting criticized for that too. The UK is importing vaccines not created in the UK. Is that a bad thing or some kind of implicit confession?