leashold system in thailand

This is just an assumption 

I suspect in thailand houses owned by thais are freehold and condos owner by thais are leashold

My question is how does the leashold system work are the leases 30 years and have to be renewed if so is it easy or are they 200 year leases

18 hours ago, Toosetinmyways said:

Perhaps the OP is refering to condominiums that are constructed on leasehold land?

I am no expert but lets have a look at this ...you want to live somewhere you buy land and a house that is yet to be built or is already built on said land you own house and land freehold

No let us look at condos the piece of land your condo is on is also the land for the condos below yours and the condos above...therefore it is impossible for you to own the land freehold. Therefore a system has to be devised that gives the condo owner the right to do (within certain re straits) what he wants to do in his condo but said owner cannot interfere with the land because in doing so he would be interfering with  the rights of other condo owners. Therefore the builder of the condo or management company or just a land speculator has to have the freehold interest and he charges land lease charges ie rent to all the condo owners....usually the person with freehold on the land has the option to change land rent or conditions every 25 years