Which office?

This week I plan to do my 90 day reporting and get the info from my old passport transferred to my new passport.  

I know that for my 90 day reporting I need to go to Muang Thani Immigration office but I'm not sure which office to go to for the passport changeover.   

Can someone please advise whether I need to go to CW or is it/can it be done at MT?

Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, Griffo63 said:

Thanks Ubon Joe.  I've just tried to make an appt at MTT for the 90 day reporting but no appointments available this week which i find odd.  Are you aware of any problems or even an amnesty?

Try a different date in the space on the webpage for for the stay ending or whatever it says.

No problems I am aware of.

No amnesty has been announced. I don't think they will bother doing since so many people ignored it the last time and many offices were telling people to do their reports.

I have a couple of related questions. I submitted my 90 day report by postal mail on 22 March 2021 with an EMS return envelope.  The deadline was 5 April 2021. Today is 19 April and I have not received the receipt.  I have the EMS postal receipt and a printout of the EMS tracking results. My questions are:

1. Is MTT the only office I can go to to get the receipt if it does not arrive by 21 April or are there other options like Suan Plu, Big C Rajburana, etc?

2.  If I am unable to go get the receipt by 21 April, when would penalties kick in?

2 minutes ago, caughtintheact said:

1. Is MTT the only office I can go to to get the receipt if it does not arrive by 21 April or are there other options like Suan Plu, Big C Rajburana, etc?

There are not other options.

2 minutes ago, caughtintheact said:

2.  If I am unable to go get the receipt by 21 April, when would penalties kick in?

On the immigration website it says to wait 30 days before contacting them. If you use your report date for that it is the 5th of May. 

You would not be fined for not reporting if you have proof it was delivered to them by way of tracking info for it.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There are not other options.

On the immigration website it says to wait 30 days before contacting them. If you use your report date for that it is the 5th of May. 

You would not be fined for not reporting if you have proof it was delivered to them by way of tracking info for it.

ubonjoe,

Thank you.

I went to CW today to get my stamps transfered from old to new passport.  All the paperwork was OK  but as I hadn't taken my bank book (800k deposit) they sent me away.    My annual extension was done in December 2020 and I've done a 90 days report since so I couldn't understand why they wanted my bank book but there was no point in arguing as it was all very pleasant. Back again later in the week

Is this a new requirement or an old one I missed? 

22 minutes ago, Griffo63 said:

I went to CW today to get my stamps transfered from old to new passport.  All the paperwork was OK  but as I hadn't taken my bank book (800k deposit) they sent me away.    My annual extension was done in December 2020 and I've done a 90 days report since so I couldn't understand why they wanted my bank book but there was no point in arguing as it was all very pleasant. Back again later in the week

Is this a new requirement or an old one I missed? 

Technically they could ask anyone to bring their book in to verify they have maintained the 800K baht for 3 months post extension. In practice they have not..but I guess their policy may be to 'validate' your extension before moving you to new Passport. make sure you update  the book before you go of course.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tonray said:

.but I guess their policy may be to 'validate' your extension before moving you to new Passport.

Good pick up. Never thought of that, however transfer of stamps is common question in this forum. Have never read a post with the experience same as the OP Let's just hope that the bankbook thing does not become common practice.

• Like 1