Thailand says Russia agrees to supply Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Amdesign said:

There is sufficient real world data, millions are vaccinated.

But don't look for this 'data' in biased western media... ????

So where can we find it? Or do we just take your word for this real world data?

4 minutes ago, Amdesign said:

There is sufficient real world data, millions are vaccinated.

But don't look for this 'data' in biased western media... ????

Frankly I was feeling better about Sputnik before reading your barage of snow job posts. Not sure you're really helping your cause.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Where You find 'real world data' about other vaccines? ????

Look at scientific press, not at internet experts or biased politicians.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Frankly I was feeling better about Sputnik before reading your barage of snow job posts. Not sure you're really helping your cause.

I am just sharing my personal experience with Sputnik...

You prefer to wear the mask the rest of Your life - go ahead. ????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Flying Saucage said:

Russia lacks production capacities, but does a lot of "vaccine-diplomacy" by selling far more doses to other countries than they are capable to produce.

Officials from Slovakia complained last week already, because besides the name, the Sputnik V vaccine they received had nothing in common with the approved original vaccine. Highly suspicious.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-04-slovak-voices-misgivings-sputnik-vaccine.html

You are long-stayer in Thailand, right? Laos and Vietnam are your favorite destinations to get Thai visa after the borders will be opened for vaccinated tourists, right?

If so, you will be the first in the queue to get your Sputnik vaccination. Because this vaccine is approved in both Laos and Vietnam. And it is very likely that after reopening, there will be cheap quarantine-free visa-run opportunities for Sputnik vaccinated expats.

But of course, the political games around vaccines are very interesting to discuss.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Millions of Sputnik jabs were administered in many countries,  but as far as I know there is no comprehensive real data summary from any country yet.  Argentina, Serbia and Hungary have done lots of jabs, hopefully reports would follow soon.

• Like 2

Just now, Danderman123 said:

This correlates with other study results, indicating that Sputnik V is reasonably safe and effective. 

But nay-sayers will still have their 'objections'...

A lot of them in this forum, living in their own reality drawn by mainstream western media.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Amdesign said:

No sorry you're just not getting it. That link is the interim results from phase 3 trials, interesting but not the final version. Even the final version is not real world data however.

Real world data is the data gained from the administration of millions of shots of vaccine, this is the accurate picture in how it performs in real life situations, not in clinical trials. It gives a more accurate assessment on its effectiveness and efficacy and side effects.

Russia has administered millions of shots, this data should be published somewhere? 

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, Amdesign said:

I am vaccinated by Sputnik, and many people I know. Never heard about side effects.

Regarding 'propaganda': if You go to Moscow, everything is open for many months - shops, restaurants, karaoke, public transport, etc. all businesses are open. You only have to wear mask in public transport and in enclosed public spaces. Not like in EU countries going through constant lockdowns. Why? Because vaccination is widely available, it is independent from foreign suppliers, it costs about 700Baht per jab (free for retired and social groups), government advertises vaccination widely. 2 jabs are required, 3 weeks between them. They deployed mobile vaccination centers, they are even in shopping malls...

The advantage of Russian vaccine is: does not need to be stored/transported at very low temperatures.

As to 'Slovakia issue' with Sputnik, this is dirty political games and competition. Mass media noise, no proofs. Why Russia would risk reputation to supply substandard vaccines, for what purpose??

But the fact remain that the russians have a deep mistrust of their own vaccin. The vaccin is  available but to few are willing to take it. Numerous polls show this. The russians would prefer another vaccin but have no choice since russia is "dependent from foreign suppliers" - a nicer word for no choice.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

No sorry you're just not getting it. That link is the interim results from phase 3 trials, interesting but not the final version. Even the final version is not real world data however.

Real world data is the data gained from the administration of millions of shots of vaccine, this is the accurate picture in how it performs in real life situations, not in clinical trials. It gives a more accurate assessment on its effectiveness and efficacy and side effects.

Russian has administered millions of shots, this data should be published somewhere? 

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-russia-vaccine-idINL1N2MC1BG

However no detailed report.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Russia has administered millions of shots, this data should be published somewhere? 

Russia’s Sputnik V Covid-19 vaccine shows 97.6% efficacy

• Like 2

Hey, someone said on previous pages there was no Phase 3 trials for Sputnik?? When I show the results for phase 3, You require more data? ????

Of course it is published somewhere (maybe in Russian first). I am usually not reading medical magazines, not the area of my scientific interests.

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

sinovac was not cheap, 650b per vial for the first batch 2mln.

Thai have ordered another 2mln.

at $21 per vial it's more expensive, as many other ones.

But thailand has no choice, has to buy anything and for any price.

They waited far too long.

So I won't be surprised if they pay also over $20 for sputnik. Blame thailand for not planning for the future waves and new strains 

650 bht per vial,how many jabs per vial ? In Europe with Pizer 6 jabs per vial so pretty cheap if the same goes for Sino.

3 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Thanks for that. Sounds good.

“This data confirms that Sputnik V demonstrates one of the best protection rates against coronavirus among all vaccines,” said Kirill Dmitriev, head of the RDIF sovereign wealth fund which is backing the vaccine." 

"The new data will be published in a peer-reviewed medical journal next month, the statement added."

I look forward to the official study after its been peer reviewed. As the current reviews are lees than complimentary on it.

Concerns with the Sputnik V vaccine data

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n743/rr-1

6 minutes ago, Amdesign said:

Hey, someone said on previous pages there was no Phase 3 trials for Sputnik?? When I show the results for phase 3, You require more data? ????

Of course it is published somewhere (maybe in Russian first). I am usually not reading medical magazines, not the area of my scientific interests.

You did not show the results for Phase 3. Interim Phase 3 trial results are not the same as final Phase 3 trial results that are peer reviewed, you do understand that right?