Thailand says Russia agrees to supply Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Read them all still waiting for the real world data, can you show me......................?

Above there is the link where described about 3.8 millions vaccinated people in the Russia without serious side effects and  given calculate efficiency. I guess you just can't believe your eyes.

8 minutes ago, marquess said:

I don't think so, why would the likes of Larry King and other long respected journalist work there if it was state controlled. Watch King's last interview and listen to what he said about RT. Reuters was recently caught out taking government money to propagate anti Russian propaganda.  https://sputniknews.com/radio_the_critical_hour/202102251082178439-uk-government-bbc-and-reuters-exposed-in-anti-russia-propaganda-operations/

RT (formerly Russia Today) is a Russian state-controlled[1] international television network funded by the federal tax budget of the Russian government

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Above there is the link where described about 3.8 millions vaccinated people in the Russia without serious side effects and  given calculate efficiency. I guess you just can't believe your eyes.

Thats not a study, its an article, a study is scientific, there's a big difference and its needed for credibility. Sarcasm does your cause no good by the way.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

until recently was centered almost entirely on 61 million doses of AstraZeneca’s, which a local firm will manufacture.

Very diplomatically put Thai visa... ;).  So now we are scraping around the bottom of the barrel for the dregs of saline water that may be leaking out of dubious reserves.  I wonder when the Government will authorise private hospitals to obtain credible vaccines?

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thats not a study, its an article, a study is scientific, there's a big difference and its needed for credibility. Sarcasm does your cause no good by the way.

Please, contact with the article author and request sources for this article.

No one forces you to be vaccinated with Sputnik, you may to choose democracy vaccine.

Just now, Dmitry2222 said:

Please, contact with the article author and request sources for this article.

No one forces you to be vaccinated with Sputnik, you may to choose democracy vaccine.

Thats not how transparency in reporting and  science works.

If you've read my previous posts I'm actually very impressed with the interim trial results of Sputnik. I am now waiting for confirmation on the final phase 3 results and real life data. Does that explain my position ok for you, do you think it unreasonable?

• Like 1

If people's safety is more important why are they going to give us the Sinovac and Sputnik vaccines which are not proven to be effective and safe? Hopefully, those of us who can afford to pay will be able to choose one of the others.

So most of the vaccine supply is coming from Communist countries and pretty much "enemies of the West". Is there something here I am missing? I wont take either ..... because I simply don't trust them or their products (ok Russian more than China vaccines by a hair). The Gold Standard of Pfizer and Moderna which Singapore gives to its citizens speaks volumes.

• Like 2

I thought Thailand was to be the smarter one, hence the reason why this is the only country that refuse WHO - COVAX program... It Looks so good right now, with about all countries around us including Myanmar, CAmbodia, Malaysia, Indonesia doing way, way better then us (even LAos doing better by capita!!!)...
actually, its easier to point the one behing us.. Vietnam...PApua New Guinea...

• Like 1

Yeah, it's not like the Russians would ever fudge things or lie about them, like doping athletes at international competitions. Especially in a country ruled by corrupt oligarchs.

Different reports put the Sputnik at 91-97% effective. However there seems to be more than a little dispute about the true numbers. There are claims that it is one of only 3 vaccines to be 90+ % effective (along with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines).

Note: NO vaccine is "100% effective". Period. However, your chance of being infected after getting a vaccine rated at 97% effective is considerably less than if you get vaccinated by something that is only 50-54% effective. Like the Chinese Sinovac vaccine.

Also keep in mind that the Russian research paper submitted to the Lancet was sent in late February and may not have been peer-reviewed. (Meaning no other scientists have tested the vaccine and come up with similar, or different, results than what the Russians claim).

(As an example, last year a group of Indian scientists submitted a "research paper" to the Lancet wherein they claimed the coronavirus was very similar to the AIDs virus. Almost immediately, other scientists tore apart their report, pointing out the flaws and inconsistencies and poor testing practises used. The Indians had to withdraw their paper and no doubt were very embarrassed within the Indian scientific community.)

I wonder if the Russians, like the Chinese, aren't trying to sell their vaccine to countries in North America, the Western EU or Japan due to the same "complications". (The Chinese are worried about their vaccine being tested by experts and the results being published, even after top Chinese scientists have admitted their vaccine isn't as good as they'd hoped it would be.)

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

At this moment in time, Thailand would accept almost any kind of Vaccine from any source.

Damage limitation in progress after refusing the offer from India way back in early march of free Doses of Vaccine, and also telling the Covax program there scheme was not suitable.

This is a really bad situation, with Thailand being the only Country in the World hoping to cure the Covid Virus with Pills, and Herbal Medicines.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

if you can not find something then it does not mean that it is not exist.

Could you repeat that to WHO when they evaluate and make a decision on the Sputnik vaccine?

They are also waiting for the full data. 

You can view the list of data still required by WHO here

https://extranet.who.int/pqweb/sites/default/files/documents/Status_COVID_VAX_07April2021.pdf

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Another dubious vaccine to add to the Sinovac currently causing stroke symptoms in alarming percentage of recipients who are unfortunate government healthcare workers without choice.

The price Thailand paid for the Sinovac was suspicious at $18 when other countries were reportedly paying around $4 and the CP Group had just jumped in to acquire 15% of Sinovac. Soon after that deal Thailand refused an offer in December of 2 million AZ from India at cost which was cheaper than Siam Bioscience can produce it for, if they ever get around to producing it. They said they hadn’t approved AZ from India, only from Europe where it is made by various different licensees. In the end Prayut and Prawit had themselves injected with AZ from India which arrived via Korea for unexplained reasons, the EU having refused to send AZ to Thailand.

Having dragged its heels for over a year, now the government is desperate and will buy vaccine from anywhere at any price. Unfortunately it had also run out of money as tax revenues are way down, emergency expenditures through Social Security are way up and it has nearly hit its legal debt ceiling half way through the fiscal year and doesn’t dare go to parliament to have the law amended to increase its debt ceiling. Therefore no lockdown and no more significant stimulus.

if we all manage to survive, it will be interesting to see how this perfect storm plays out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, John Drake said:

First, vaccine from China. Now, vaccine from Russia. Do Iran and North Korea have a vaccine?

13 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Next on my glass bowl prediction:

India (if it helps against their latest mutation???? which some cry alarm about, would ridicule the whole vaccination campaign).

Yesterday I wrote Sputnik in the thread about the "2 or 3 companies".

Sorry to say, but many here seem to be living in a “political bubble”, neglecting the developments during the last 25 years.

You are totally leaving globalization out of sight and do not realize the behavior of multinational companies.

For example:

When the Evergiven ran aground in the Suez Canal,

a bill of lading from Kuehne and Nagel about a container of Adenovirus base component popped up.

Recipient: Astra Zeneca, UK

Origin:      PR China 

And India ?

- 3rd rank of pharmaceutical production worldwide by volume ...

Edited by BernieOnTour
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just about everything there is a reasonable summary of the position you're in. However you should also understand that peer reviewed data is important not only for us but for approval by western agencies and WHO for it to be approved and respected worldwide. Surely thats the best outcome for this. 

Looking at the current data, it looks impressive and could be a great asset to the world to conquer the virus but to get to that stage data data data.

Its not all about Data.

Good data , and correct data are what is needed.

Thailand does not seem to recognise this fact with their Daily output of spurious information.

• Like 1

Anutin's comment about the Pfizer vaccine's cost not being a factor, that time and people's safety are the essence, is only about 6 months too late. How more clear could they be that they blew it? 

But I know this thread is about the Russian offering; myself I'll wait for Pfizer.

4 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

Blah blah blah, such a poor <deleted> country somehow managed to send as many tourists to thailand as UK and Straya combined.

Enough with this BS already. Go to sleep, chop chop.

Don’t follow your logic. GDP per capita numbers for Russia & China were shared earlier, I include the US & UK below for comparison. This clearly indicates that for the average citizen in these countries what quality of life is like.

In terms of visits to Thailand, of course, there are a lot of Russians, it’s a big country and relatively nearby Thailand. Doesn’t make it a developed country or the average citizen wealthy though does it ? Or shall we ask the IMF & World Bank to include number of citizens on cheapo  package tours to Thailand as a national development co-efficient? Same goes for China.

I can’t see why anyone would be defending the obnoxious and oppressive regime in the former-communist country. Make no mistake, they are not our friends in the game of life. 

E7B70B15-DAD1-4B22-A1B2-4DC0B2FFDAEE.png

B1744FA9-1260-4D1B-A1A4-16F5CC9BCBAB.png

The ordering of the vaccines should have been done  at the early stages

Now the Government recognises the scale of the problem in trying to procure numbers of vaccines as all countries around the World are now doing the same 

Hence all the different names of companies ???? involved

Good.  Here's the vaccine I'll take if forced to by Immigration (under duress) to have a shot in order to obtain an extension to stay with my family.

It's adenovirus viral vector vaccine but instead of using untested mRNA technology (it's being tested right now in live trials on willing human subjects), the Sputnik vaccine uses genetic material from inactivated adenovirus which is not cutting edge technology.   And unlike the Sinovac vaccine (which uses older, proven inactivated virus vaccine technology), the Sputnik vaccine has been Ok'ed for use in people over 60.
Personally until the mRNA technology has 5+ years of live trial data and epidemiological analysis, and it is fully authorized for normal use (not only under "emergency authorization) I don't want it near me or my family.  I'm not discounting or criticizing other who wish to be willing "volunteers?"  Please, go for it.  I applaud the risk you are taking by taking experimental vaccines.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Terrible and an embarrassment to the watching western world.

What western world would that be.

The EU is preparing to take legal action against pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca over the slow delivery of Covid-19 vaccines, Brussels has confirmed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/eu-legal-action-astrazeneca-vaccine-sue-b1835960.html

12 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

credited by who .?

I for one.

Simple question, during the pandemic have the chances of dying from covid been greater in Thailand than in the UK, Europe or the US?

It is a YES/NO answer.