Thailand says Russia agrees to supply Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No. There is a difference between objective news sources and state propaganda.

It's all propaganda, mate. A <deleted> sandwich with propaganda.

"Phizer is a jab of freedom, beacon of democracy"

"When u buy russian vaccine u support killing of innocent ukrainians and syrians"

"Chinese jab is not a jab at all but a liquid huawei 5g chip"

It's not that hard to make a jab. It takes couple of years. And everyone who has flu vac, can easy remodel it to make it a covid vac. It's a not an astrophysics matter.

Damn, I'm so happy no one has a monopoly on jabs. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, boogiewoogie said:

To fully understand why people in Russia not doin jabs u need to know how's life now in Russia.

Everything is open. Completely everything. Bars, clubs, museums. 

It's semi sweidsh-semi typical russian "I don't give a ff"

People mostly went thru covid and have a relaxing life. 

Half of Moscow and Saint Pete are with antibodies. 

Why would u make a jab on top of ur antibodies? 

As for phase 3 results u either trust it or not. Russia said it's ok to go so u either trust it or choose other options. What more u need to make up ur mind? Boris approval? Not gonna happen.

And by the way, telling that Russians jabs are no good is a utter nonsense. Russians and soviets are very fast when u need to deal with epidemics. If u wonder just check how they dealt with anthrax leaks during soviet times.

Is it good jab? Not worse than the others. In my book. 

Just about everything there is a reasonable summary of the position you're in. However you should also understand that peer reviewed data is important not only for us but for approval by western agencies and WHO for it to be approved and respected worldwide. Surely thats the best outcome for this. 

Looking at the current data, it looks impressive and could be a great asset to the world to conquer the virus but to get to that stage data data data.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No. There is a difference between objective news sources and state propaganda.

What is  "state" propaganda? I don't know such thing because governmental censorship is a crime in Russia (according to its constitution article 29.5). The only things I want to know are

1) In what country this media resource (and its owners) has its real estate?
2) In banks of what country does this media (and its owners) keep its money?

This country will determine what the media resource will tell us.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, boogiewoogie said:

It's all propaganda, mate. A <deleted> sandwich with propaganda.

"Phizer is a jab of freedom, beacon of democracy"

"When u buy russian vaccine u support killing of innocent ukrainians and syrians"

"Chinese jab is not a jab at all but a liquid huawei 5g chip"

It's not that hard to make a jab. It takes couple of years. And everyone who has flu vac, can easy remodel it to make it a covid vac. It's a not an astrophysics matter.

Damn, I'm so happy no one has a monopoly on jabs. 

I find your post absurd.

Nobody has said those things about any of the jabs.

I agree that it's great that there is such a variety of options though sadly currently almost nothing to inject in Thailand.

Compare to HIV. Not even one vaccine.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

The Western and Russian vaccines are 100% effective against hospitalisation and death. Sinovac is only 80% effective against death 

Making claims like this does Sputniks reputation no good at all. There is no data on your claim that it is 100% effective at preventing hospitalization or death. No vaccine has claimed that. Stick to a more realistic estimate would be far better. Say it highly effective is reasonable. Because otherwise its just plain false  the CDC reports on Moderna and Pfizer don"t even claim that with real world data. Credibilty is important.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd take Sputnik over that garbage from China.  

I mean really, what is that stuff?  Nobody has a real clue because it's a bit of a secret.

With Sputnik it has been reviewed and seems quite good.  

Look, Thailand dropped the ball, we can all agree on that by and large but this is the best bet.  They had better take it.  The quicker they get vaccinated the quicker life can get back to normal, so to speak.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Making claims like this does Sputniks reputation no good at all. There is no data on your claim that it is 100% effective at preventing hospitalization or death. No vaccine has claimed that. Stick to a more realistic estimate would be far better. Say it highly effective is reasonable. Because otherwise its just plain false  the CDC reports on Moderna and Pfizer don"t even claim that with real world data. Credibilty is important.

You're getting confused between effectiveness against any symptoms with effectiveness against hospitalisation and death. The Western vaccines are indeed 100% effective against the latter. See for example, this from Astrazeneca:

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-centre/press-releases/2021/covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-confirms-protection-against-severe-disease-hospitalisation-and-death-in-the-primary-analysis-of-phase-iii-trials.html

Edited by edwardandtubs

8 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

You're getting confused between effectiveness against any symptoms with effectiveness against hospitalisation and death. The Western vaccines are indeed 100% effective against the latter. See for example, this from Astrazeneca:

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-centre/press-releases/2021/covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-confirms-protection-against-severe-disease-hospitalisation-and-death-in-the-primary-analysis-of-phase-iii-trials.html

And yes Sputnik V is also 100% effective against severe illness, hospitalisation and death.

"Discussion

Our interim results of the phase 3 Gam-COVID-Vac trial show that the vaccine is 91·6% (95% CI 85·6–95·2) efficacious against COVID-19 (from day 21 after first dose, the day of receiving second dose). Our results also showed that the vaccine was 100% (95% CI 94·4–100) efficacious against severe COVID-19, although this was a secondary outcome so the results are preliminary."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00234-8/fulltext

Edited by edwardandtubs

6 hours ago, Forza2002 said:

European Govt's have mixed reviews about Sputnik vaccine. Also, how effective is it going to be with just 1 dose? Looks like Thailand are going to take a long time before the majority of the population is fully inoculated ie. 2 Jabs.. https://www.dw.com/en/is-sputnik-v-vaccine-safe/a-57219314

No doubt it's a case of cheap vaccines for the serfs, AZ for the Elite 1%...

Almost correct...

Almost.

Only that somehow the chinese vaccines being one of the most expensive out there, and AZ the cheapest of all.

More AZ seemingly not doing too well with side effects, many European countries shying away from it.

Meanwhile Sputnik V said to be a good alternative to both chinese and AZ.

Said to cost approx half the chinese (Sputnik is 10$) and safer/less reported issues than AZ.

• Like 1

Thai PM says Russia agrees to sell Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine to Thailand

เจ้าหน้าที่เตรียมเข็มฉีดวัคซีน-COVID-19.jpg

เจ้าหน้าที่เตรียมเข็มฉีดวัคซีน

Russia has agreed to sell its Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine to Thailand, under a government-to-government deal, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said in his Facebook post on Thursday.

He said the Russian Foreign Ministry has informed its Thai counterpart that President Vladimir Putin had approved the sale of the vaccine, as requested by the Thai government, citing the historically friendly relationship between the two countries.

The prime minister did not say how many doses of the Russian vaccine will be procured, but they will be part of the additional 35 million doses to be purchased by Thailand, in addition to China’s Sinovac and AstraZeneca, which was jointly developed by the UK and Sweden.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-pm-says-russia-agrees-to-sell-sputnik-v-covid-19-vaccine-to-thailand/

Logo-top-.png

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

This is ridiculous. Again there is no equivalence between Russia Today and Reuters.

I wouldn’t waste your time.

It’s well known that poor and undeveloped countries employ propaganda techniques and authoritarian power to control the masses, lest they get start to get restless at how <deleted> their quality of life is.

I share the concerns mentioned in this thread about opaque trial results and the effectiveness and efficacy of vaccines produced in undeveloped authoritarian countries, after all, they are undeveloped for a reason. 

USSR/Russia used to try to fool the world that their country was actually functional and gain domestic & international kudos by producing armies of doped up athletes. Unfortunately, and for this very reason, Russia is banned from the 2021 Olympics and 2022 football World Cup, so they won’t get the opportunity for a few years. 

Part of the mistrust, aside from internal authoritarian issues such as internment of political opponents, comes from their general conduct on the international stage, although I won’t go down the rabbit-hole regarding KGB agents killing/blowing things up across Europe. 

The Russian people are a decent bunch though and wish them luck in their plucky efforts to progress to ‘developed’ country status one day.

They should probably get a move on, as China, and embarrassingly, even Thailand might be overtaking them soon on GDP per capita.

When the wall came down in ‘89 and the USSR admitted defeat, I guess we all hoped it would be the start of a bright new era for Russia, what a shame how it has all turned out....

CC80589C-E440-4180-89D6-D3CAD8104F18.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

I suggest you look at the real world data. Not trials.

2 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

And yes Sputnik V is also 100% effective against severe illness, hospitalisation and death.

"Discussion

Our interim results of the phase 3 Gam-COVID-Vac trial show that the vaccine is 91·6% (95% CI 85·6–95·2) efficacious against COVID-19 (from day 21 after first dose, the day of receiving second dose). Our results also showed that the vaccine was 100% (95% CI 94·4–100) efficacious against severe COVID-19, although this was a secondary outcome so the results are preliminary."

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)00234-8/fulltext

Again look at real world data

Trials do not show this. Real world you get the accurate data

48 minutes ago, realfunster said:

I wouldn’t waste your time.

It’s well known that poor and undeveloped countries employ propaganda techniques and authoritarian power to control the masses, lest they get start to get restless at how <deleted> their quality of life is.

I share the concerns mentioned in this thread about opaque trial results and the effectiveness and efficacy of vaccines produced in undeveloped authoritarian countries, after all, they are undeveloped for a reason. 

USSR/Russia used to try to fool the world that their country was actually functional and gain domestic & international kudos by producing armies of doped up athletes. Unfortunately, and for this very reason, Russia is banned from the 2021 Olympics and 2022 football World Cup, so they won’t get the opportunity for a few years. 

Part of the mistrust, aside from internal authoritarian issues such as internment of political opponents, comes from their general conduct on the international stage, although I won’t go down the rabbit-hole regarding KGB agents killing/blowing things up across Europe. 

The Russian people are a decent bunch though and wish them luck in their plucky efforts to progress to ‘developed’ country status one day.

They should probably get a move on, as China, and embarrassingly, even Thailand might be overtaking them soon on GDP per capita.

When the wall came down in ‘89 and the USSR admitted defeat, I guess we all hoped it would be the start of a bright new era for Russia, what a shame how it has all turned out....

CC80589C-E440-4180-89D6-D3CAD8104F18.png

Blah blah blah, such a poor <deleted> country somehow managed to send as many tourists to thailand as UK and Straya combined.

Enough with this BS already. Go to sleep, chop chop.

• Like 1

Not my words, but read and make up your own mind, lack of Russian transparency is a worry. Either way regardless of efficacy, there is some degree of risk taking every one of these vaccines. That said, I guess we all need to decide which is worse the actual virus or the minuscule chance that there may be complications related to taking the vaccine. Its a hard choice to make when there are so many choices, but realistically those of us living in this country only have 3 choices so far and I dont think that is going to change any time soon..

https://euobserver.com/world/151483

• Like 1

These clowns are at least six months behind everyone else I truly believe they convinced themselves that they were immune from Covid and did sweet FA in preparing for the worst until some clown decides to allow millions to travel for SONGKRAN and we see the result with upwards of a 1,000 new cases every day in two weeks time it will be 2,000 a day if not more .