Thailand reports daily record of over 2,000 COVID-19 cases, 4 new deaths

webfact

121 deaths since the pandemic started are just not the facts, do not trust the reported numbers!   In Sweden right now 40 people dies every day of the virus, and they started the vaccination 2 months ago. It's the same all over Europe, and in India  2000 deaths were reported yesterday. 

Recent report says that covid 19 is airborne i.e. it is carried in the wind for long distances and thus the reason for high levels of infection and the only real ppe is the space type helmet with a filtered air pack . I do not want to say I told you so but getting out of 3rd world countries that are being hit by the global pandemic and have little concern for human rights was/ is a no brainer but if bridges are burnt you must get as remote as possible  . India is a prime example of what can happen when their medical facilities are under extreme pressures .

4 minutes ago, superal said:

Recent report says that covid 19 is airborne i.e. it is carried in the wind for long distances and thus the reason for high levels of infection and the only real ppe is the space type helmet with a filtered air pack . I do not want to say I told you so but getting out of 3rd world countries that are being hit by the global pandemic and have little concern for human rights was/ is a no brainer but if bridges are burnt you must get as remote as possible  . India is a prime example of what can happen when their medical facilities are under extreme pressures .

Not sure what reports you have been reading, but the reason for the situation in India is simply this:

Experts say this rapid increase shows that the second wave is spreading much faster across the country. Dr A Fathahudeen, who is part of Kerala state's Covid taskforce, said the rise was not entirely unexpected given that India let its guard down when daily infections in January fell to fewer than 20,000 from a peak of over 90,000 in September.

Big religious gatherings, the reopening of most public places and crowded election rallies are being blamed for the uptick. Dr Fathahudeen said there were warning signs in February but "we did not get our act together".

"I said in February that Covid had not gone anywhere and a tsunami would hit us if urgent actions were not taken. Sadly, a tsunami has indeed hit us now," he added.

"A false sense of normalcy crept in and everybody, including people and officials, did not take measures to stop the second wave."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-56811315

18 hours ago, webfact said:

with 27 fatalities in just 23 days.

Before Thai Gov reported names, age, nationality and contributing underlying conditions of the deceased.

Now just numbers of deaths are reported it seems.............why the change?

3 hours ago, AnnieSeek said:

Richard Barrow will be excited i suspect. 

First you people accuse him of fear mongering for simply translating the reports for expats, because you don’t like what they say 

And now you disgustingly accuse him of being happy about more people testing positive and being seriously ill

Seek help  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Derek B said:

Before ThaiVisa forum reported names, age, nationality and contributing underlying conditions of the deceased.

Now just numbers of deaths are reported it seems.............why the change here at ThaiVisa? The info is still available via Daily Press Briefing of the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) on April 23, 2021 

Edited by Derek B
Found the info elsewhere

25 minutes ago, sandyf said:

About right for the peak but the rate of reduction will also be significant.

In the UK the peak came 13 days after the Christmas holiday ended.

Thats about right, then started to come down because of its severe lockdowns and amazing vaccination program. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sandyf said:

About right for the peak but the rate of reduction will also be significant.

In the UK the peak came 13 days after the Christmas holiday ended.

Songkran officially ended on the 18th, so we're already 6 days out; that's why I said the next week or so will be critical.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Songkran officially ended on the 18th, so we're already 6 days out; that's why I said the next week or so will be critical.

I did say you were about right, the Songkran holiday is always 13th,14th and 15th of April.

My Thai relatives told me today that they do not want me to go to Thailand until the Winter of 2022.. 2023.

They do not believe that Thailand will have enough people vaccinated until the Fall of 2022. As well they tell me that

the hospitals may have the staff now, but a lot are just as burned out as the staff in hospitals in most countries

of the world.  I will follow their advice and stay safe.

Geezer

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, balo said:

121 deaths since the pandemic started are just not the facts, do not trust the reported numbers!   In Sweden right now 40 people dies every day of the virus, and they started the vaccination 2 months ago. It's the same all over Europe, and in India  2000 deaths were reported yesterday. 

Thailand seems to be showing an excess level of deaths of 17% over the average in March 2021. If an average of @50,000 die each month that is a big figure. If they are not dying of Covid what are they dying of?

24 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

My Thai relatives told me today that they do not want me to go to Thailand until the Winter of 2022.. 2023.

They do not believe that Thailand will have enough people vaccinated until the Fall of 2022. As well they tell me that

the hospitals may have the staff now, but a lot are just as burned out as the staff in hospitals in most countries

of the world.  I will follow their advice and stay safe.

Geezer

Stay safe where? If you believe the figures Thailand is one of the safest places in the world.

• Like 1

The gf states that Bkk will not go into lockdown. When I ask why she tells me that the government cannot afford it.

Is this just Thai thinking? 

She's normally right about these things.

Yes reads as a looney tune post.

What were the numbers when they closed national parks in think April.

I'm interested as I'm currently in one

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The gf states that Bkk will not go into lockdown. When I ask why she tells me that the government cannot afford it.

Save the economy.  Thai citizens will have to wait.

That's how the government thinks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If they could afford a lockdown they would have done it already. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phills2k1 said:

If they officially lock down, do they have to offer financial assistance to citizens?

Not sure what you mean by "do they have to"

They have done financial assistance in the past so I imagine it will continue.

22 hours ago, smiggley said:

What did the govt expect. They vertially said to the virus go forth and multiply throughout the country during songkran.

Why have I always been thinking I am in a Buddhist country as you state a catholic saying?? ㊙️ 

56 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I did say you were about right, the Songkran holiday is always 13th,14th and 15th of April.

I think the government officially extended it one or two days, to help the travel industry, and it unofficially runs that whole week. In any case, we'll know how deep we're in it at the beginning of May. 

2 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Why have I always been thinking I am in a Buddhist country as you state a catholic saying?? ㊙️ 

According to that old book of fiction it was stated, although not exactly in those words in Genesis 9.1. ( not the rock band ). Now that part of the novel was in the earlier release of the publication called the "Old Testament" and was reputed to have been written sometime before that goodwill visit of the football player's ancestor Jesus.  That predates the invention of  the Catholic religion by many centuries. So hence it can not possibly be a Catholic saying, even if it was ever true.

20 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not sure what you mean by "do they have to"

They have done financial assistance in the past so I imagine it will continue.

I'm from the US where if there wasn't an "official" lockdown, you couldn't apply for unemployment assistance if there wasn't work. So some cities didn't order lockdowns (or kept them very short) so they didn't have to pay

So I guess I was asking if there's something similar here, and perhaps that's why there hasn't been a lockdown for this highly contagious wave