Vegemite

Shopping today and came upon a bottle of Vegemite. Recall seeing it referenced a few times on TV. The label says its is Yeast concentrate.

What is it used for? A health food product or an additive of some sort? Is it supposed to be healthy and why?

How do you use it? dossage etc. Take it straight up, or with milk, water or whatever?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shopping today and came upon a bottle of Vegemite. Recall seeing it referenced a few times on TV. The label says its is Yeast concentrate.

What is it used for? A health food product or an additive of some sort? Is it supposed to be healthy and why?

How do you use it? dossage etc. Take it straight up, or with milk, water or whatever?

A very poor copy of the real McCoy - Marmite :o

It's a breakfast spread, lightly applied to toast. The English make a watered down version called Marmite.

Can be an acquired taste.

nooo! Marmite is yummy! (dunno about vegimite). You have to be a fan of salt though as has a very salty taste. Sometimes i get a mad craving for the stuff.

Great on toast (but spread thinly) or others things like bagels etc. Great for adding to a salad sandwich. I also used to make a kind of soup drink out of it. Tablespoon marmite dissolved in a cup of boiled water. (would dunk bread in it too ^^)

Love it! :o

Stops mossies biting you, my mate wally told me and he knows everything :o

:o tastes like poop

You would know KD..

Here's a bucket of "poop" just for you.. Bon appetit..

555! Cheers Austhaied! I would have to say that bbq snapper with a wee bit O Lemon juice is just the ticket....or Parrot fish, or Baramundi, brings back fond memories of the West coast :D

A delicacy for the discerning gastronome.Spread thinly on toast with cheese and grilled. High in Vitamin B group no need for a Berrocca after tha big night out.Come on they eat weirder things than this in Thailand.Fish sauce shakes?

G'Day mate!Makes a good sunblock too....apply to face and body avoid the genital area! Guaranteed to ward off chicks,mozzies,dogs and rays.Useful if you want to rob a bank not if you want to pick up chicks.

Edited by Momo8

Yep they need to prove they can differentiate between Vegemite,Promite,Marmite and crap....and you need to know other uses besides eating the stuff.It's on the Australian Citizenship Test.If you fail well go to New Zealand or stay where you are!