Vegemite

Yep. Vegemite :D:o Marmite. :D That chocolate hazelnut spread. :D

Peanut butter. Cheese Whiz. Cream cheese. Caviar. Pate. :bah:

well put Jet!! Thanks!

Nothing better than a good P & J sandwich. Maybe with some vegemite though?? Mai lu :-) :D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who says internet forums aren't influential? After reading this thread yesterday I hunted out the Vegemite at brekky this morning. Well I've tried it now and can safely say, based on experience, it is.............

:D:D:D:D:bah: ......real bluddy ripper matey! :o

But how anyone could compare it with Marmite is beyond comprehension. I spread a thin layer on toast and could hardly taste anything so I went back and applied a second coat. No change, tomorrow I'll just have to go for the full three coat system, primer, undercoat and topcoat. It must be the Aussie definition of spread thinly : at least 1/4" thick. :o

Spread thinly ??? Who told you that ?? Give it large, don't be shy.. :bah:

I seem to remember one of the earlier posts said spread thinly. Okay, tomorrow morning I'll apply and Aussie thin 1/4" see if it tastes of anything.

my fav that i miss

is weetabix with real butter and maralade ... then dipped in a hot cup of tea,

weetabix is like a sponge 2 weetabix = 1 mug of tea , and you have to be quick or its in your lap :o

my fav that i miss

is weetabix with real butter and maralade ... then dipped in a hot cup of tea,

weetabix is like a sponge 2 weetabix = 1 mug of tea , and you have to be quick or its in your lap :o

yeh, I used to have butter on weetabix when I was a kid, but topped with milk.

still prefer bovril to marmite and vegemite but definitely don't put it on weetabix - just on toast will do.

im my opinion, vegemite has to be spread thick. my favourite way to enjoy vegemite is between two slices of white bread (or taylors wholemeal from australia - not sure if they sell it any more), with butter, not margarine, and a slice of 'kraft blue box' cheese. plastic wrapped are the only kraft slices ive found here, but if you can get the slices NOT wrapped, they are better.

yummy in my tummy...

... and a slice of 'kraft blue box' cheese. plastic wrapped are the only kraft slices ive found here, but if you can get the slices NOT wrapped, they are better.

Friendship and Carrefour in Pattaya stock them Donna. :D

I like an Aussie breakfast... 2 eggs sunny side up on a thick piece of toast which has been buttered, spread with vegemite, and topped with cheese. A couple of rashers of bacon and some tomato slices on the side... and maybe a dash or two of that brown Thai egg sauce and some prick thai dum on top... :D

Great for settling a dodgy tummy after a night on the beer.

:o

Vegemite is one of the foods greatly missed out here in Egypt. We have a lot of Aussies on crew, and those who actually live in Australia are required to bring a jar back when they return from break. Failing that, we're forced to nick Marmite from the Kiwis on the crew.

Well I tried it thick spread on toast and, although it's okay, I still prefer Marmite. Guess it's just what you are brought up on.

Not sure about JD's Aussie breakfast settling the stomach but the thought of real bacon brings a tear to my eye. My digs here don't do pork, need a chinese place for that. Beef bacon just aint the same and as for chicken sausages :o .

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm, which looks more yummy on toast, vegemite or picture number 3 (or should I say number 2)?

BTW, Australians calling Americans FAT? Now that's rich! Yes, we are number 1, but you are number 2. Uh oh, that number thing again.

post-6192-1180864868_thumb.jpg

Thais tend to find vegemite too salty. But they love their Maccas.

Peter