Where to buy French Press

neytil

2 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

they are everywhere, even mr diy, but i still don't understand why buying this when you can have a cheap otto coffee machine for the same price ?

Simple, the coffee from a French Press tastes far better

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aforek said:

???? good humour, but the correct spelling is " ménage à trois "

accents are very important in writing  and English keyboards can write them 

excuse for the off topic ????

How to Type French Accent Marks: 42 Keyboard Shortcuts - Wyzant Blog

Many thanks for that, I have Samsung tablet & never knew how to do that ????

30 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Simple, the coffee from a French Press tastes far better

"Better" is a personal thing and differs person to person.

Some prefer coffee from a drip coffee maker, some from a French press, some from an espresso machine, some from a Vietnamese style drip device, some like it best if the beans are roasted in a skillet, ground immediately, then boiled it in a pot over a wood fire, and some even (shudder) prefer instant coffee.

A French press isn't expensive so anyone who wants to try one should buy one.  It is easy to test the same coffee prepared both ways so they can decide which way they think tastes better. 

Once they decide which way they prefer making the coffee they can always keep the other coffee maker as a backup or give it to someone else.

Discovering and trying new things is what keeps life interesting.

Edited by HarrySeaman

24 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

"Better" is a personal thing and differs person to person.

Some prefer coffee from a drip coffee maker, some from a French press, some from an espresso machine, some from a Vietnamese style drip device, some like it best if the beans are roasted in a skillet, ground immediately, then boiled it in a pot over a wood fire, and some even (shudder) prefer instant coffee.

A French press isn't expensive so anyone who wants to try one should buy one.  It is easy to test the same coffee prepared both ways so they can decide which way they think tastes better. 

Once they decide which way they prefer making the coffee they can always keep the other coffee maker as a backup or give it to someone else.

Discovering and trying new things is what keeps life interesting.

Fully agree with you BUT I said a French Press will give better coffee than a (quote) cheap otto coffee machine every day

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Fully agree with you BUT I said a French Press will give better coffee than a (quote) cheap otto coffee machine every day

I used to have a Saeco coffee maker and the coffee it made was very good. I suspect it is because, like the French press, the boiling water is forced through the freshly ground coffee under pressure, without paper filters... like the ubiquitous coffee machines one sees in Italian and Spanish caffès. Sadly they aren't cheap, and when mine failed, and investigation educated me as to what a new one, or repair would cost here.... I went to a drip percolator. Far inferior. 

On 4/26/2021 at 9:14 AM, Eindhoven said:

You wouldn't imagine that this was a Pattaya thread, given some of the replies...

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No it wasn't.  Stop making things up.

????????????

On 4/30/2021 at 1:14 PM, petermik said:

give it a rest....the OP was "where can I buy a French Press in Pattaya"....and you suggest somewhere 31 kms away....duh.

I am trying to be helpful and you are being a bully by insulting. Says a ton about you. Get a life.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

hello, anybody has bought one of the nespresso or dolce gusto machines ?

can we find pods easily now ?

and is it true that nespresso coffee is a lot better than cheap dolce gusto machine ?

thank you.

1 hour ago, l4ml4m said:

hello, anybody has bought one of the nespresso or dolce gusto machines ?

can we find pods easily now ?

and is it true that nespresso coffee is a lot better than cheap dolce gusto machine ?

thank you.

My last employer and my sister both had the Nespresso and yes they are excellent. I can not speak about the Thailand pod availability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

My last employer and my sister both had the Nespresso and yes they are excellent. I can not speak about the Thailand pod availability.

yes everybody knows that Nespresso is good, but what compared to Dolce Gusto that is also from nestle but a lot cheaper ?