Where to buy French Press

neytil

Lazada.co.th 

But based on my experience paying for quality French presses is more than worth the money over time.

Personally I do like my current brand which has a unique design for the metal filter. Rivers Press Hoop.

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I was going to suggest the International newspaper/book shop, but I think I got the wrong end of the stick.

What's a French Press?

Sounds like French newspaper journalists

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Lazada. 

1182 hits when "local" supplier selected.

... And if you need today, widely available in home shops contrary to few years ago. Watsadu, Mr diy and others as well

• Like 2

21 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

image.png.1fda7c97336561f621d22f1c59339511.png

For making coffee...

Could somebody please explain the difference between this method ie pour boiling water onto ground coffee, leave for a few minutes, push down the plunger which filters out the grounds, or pouring boiling water onto ground coffee, stirring it a few times, leave for a few minutes, pour into a paper filter eg kitchen tissue in a strainer. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Could somebody please explain the difference between this method ie pour boiling water onto ground coffee, leave for a few minutes, push down the plunger which filters out the grounds, or pouring boiling water onto ground coffee, stirring it a few times, leave for a few minutes, pour into a paper filter eg kitchen tissue in a strainer. Thanks.

Making coffee is basically extracting the oils from the beans, different methods result in a better extraction of the oils, An espresso machine uses heat and force (steam), a plunger uses heat and less force (compression), a drip filter uses heat and gravity.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Maybe check this out....

French Press

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Food Mart, on the corner of Threppaya and Thep Prasit, used to have French presses and the plastic filter cups that sit on top a coffee cup and use the standard paper coffee filters.

With a French press you wind up with fine coffee grinds that pass through the metal mesh filter into your coffee.  Leave the last 1/4" (5-6 mm) of coffee in the cup and you will avoid ingesting most of these gritty coffee grinds.

With a paper filter you remove even the fine coffee grinds.  The standard disposable paper coffee filters won't add a taste to your coffee, which can happen with other types of filters such as kitchen paper towels.  Filtering coffee through a paper filter will remove some of the bitter oil that you can get from coffee.  Removing the oil is a plus or a minus depending on what you want your coffee to taste like.

I usually use an automatic drip coffee maker for my daily coffee but if I want a special cup of coffee I use espresso grind coffee in a French press (bought from Lazada) to get the full taste of the darker roast more bitter espresso coffee.

• Like 1