Visa Options and process ?

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i hear of people obtaining 'retirement' extension via a pattaya agent, doing 90 days in other offices

It usually involves officially moving back to your actual province, TM27, TM30 etc, prior to doing reports.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i hear of people obtaining 'retirement' extension via a pattaya agent, doing 90 days in other offices

Yes...only if they subsequently change their address ....not a big deal but a PITA

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Simple: combination of income deposits and money in the bank must be equal to or greater than 400K annually. But a big caveat...this is one area where some offices have taken exception, requiring a certain minimum on deposit in bank and that varies all over the map. Some don't like to deal with the combo method at all. Best bet is to visit your local IO and ask about options.

My IO, Phitsanulok, has agreed that as long as the monthly FFT transfers plus money in the bank add up to more than (for retirement) Bht 800k, he is happy.

I do Bht 50k per month (Wise, on 1st every month) and have Bht 220k in a Bkk Bank Foreign Currency Account. All is OK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Is it not available in the Immigration laws or is it just a local taboo to refuse to accept ?

Combination method not available under Police Orders for extensions of stay based on marriage.

Only available for extensions based on retirement.

327/2557. (2014)

Section 2.18 (Marriage)

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual
income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a
bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

Section 2.18 (Children)

(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income
of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of
no less than Baht 400,000* to cover expenses for one year.

* Note for children the 400K funds only need to be in a Thai bank account on the day of application.

35/2561 (2019) changed the financial criteria from original order 327/2557 based on retirement.

Section 2.22. (Retirement)

(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than THB 65,000 or
(4) Al least 2 months prior to filing date, and at least 3 months after being granted permission, the alien must have fund deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than THB 800,000. The alien can withdraw the fund 3 months after being granted permission and the remaining balance must be no less than THB 400,000 or;
(5) Must have an annual earning and fund
deposited with a commercial bank in Thailand totalling of no less than THB 800,000 until the filing date. The said fund must remain in the account prior to and after the permission is granted and the alien can make a withdrawal under the same conditions as stated in (4).

1. 327-2557 (2014) - extension criteria & conditions Eng.pdf 2. 35-2561 (2019) change327-2557Criteria Eng.pdf

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1

Skimming through this topic, there is one important point no one has made. If you are from a country whose embassy will provide income letters (generally all except US, UK and Australia) I recommend providing financial proof by means of an income letter. If your monthly income (as shown in the income letter) is greater than 65k baht per month, easiest extension is a retirement extension (though, if you might want to work, a marriage extension allows for that possibility). If less than 65k but more than 40k, the marriage extension is not too bad but tends to be slightly less convenient.

If you cannot get an income letter from your embassy, use the money in the bank option if possible. Income through proof of bank deposits is subject to problems. One deposit delayed from one month into another, or that does not clearly indicate it came from abroad can jeopardise your next extension.

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I dont need to look it up, I do a marriage extension each year so I am fully aware of the documents.

In Jomtien, I probably submit around 15-20 pages and a 2nd copy of them, so around 40 pages. I have submitted similar for retire extensions in other provinces.

So you are quite prepared to condemn an article's content without reading it!  

25 minutes ago, fangless said:

So you are quite prepared to condemn an article's content without reading it!  

@Peterw42 didn't condemn the topic @CharlieH posted.

He merely pointed out he only supplies about 40 copies for the marriage extension and not to believe one report alone. Different strokes for different folks

Charlie's IO are requesting more than the usual IO do ...... a rouge IO in that respect.

Like Peter, I supply 18 A4 pages, plus a set of copies = total 36 pages.

CharlieH is extremely unfortunate and his experience is not the norm.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/26/2021 at 6:39 AM, tonray said:

Best advice is don't live near a rogue Immigration office ..or a pig farm

There's no way you can win, the staff change constantly, only two years ago I had a row with one IO in my local office and told him to get his boss who then sorted it out in a very mannerly fashion.

Ever since then, I have been treated very well by a nice female officer.

Even today I am wary of going to an IO for any reason, but certainly not frightened as I can stand up for myself against anyone who starts any nonsense.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 6:57 AM, tonray said:

Simple: combination of income deposits and money in the bank must be equal to or greater than 400K annually. But a big caveat...this is one area where some offices have taken exception, requiring a certain minimum on deposit in bank and that varies all over the map. Some don't like to deal with the combo method at all. Best bet is to visit your local IO and ask about options.

But options can change along with the staff at any time.

On 4/26/2021 at 7:08 AM, fangless said:

Suggest you look up this forum to see who made the report re; 94 pages required for a marriage extension before saying that the statement "maybe an exaggeration".  If we cannot trust that poster then there is no point in posting on TV!

I see what you mean, but any forum has the odd poster who enjoys a troll, I could name one right now, but forum rules forbid it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/26/2021 at 6:38 AM, The Cobra said:

Wouldnt call 94 page application a walk in the park, as one guy had recently

For me it is more like 30/40 pages. But yes it becomes a breeze only if you get your paperwork organised, have a photocopier/printer at home and involve (or even delegate to) your wife to the largest extent possible.

I hardly talk to the IOs...