Thailand reports over 2,048 COVID-19 cases, 8 new deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

It's always yesterday.

That's not what you hear from the Thai government and media. They dont tell you when the case count Happened . Test results here in Thailand are 24 to 72 hours 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

See above:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1215055-thailand-reports-over-2048-covid-19-cases-8-new-deaths/?do=findComment&comment=16418812

Those kinds of things aren't being listed as contributing causes of death. They're being listed as preexisting conditions, which is a different thing.

The causes of death are COVID, and then for each case, they also list how they think the infection was acquired.  In a lot of the cases, though, the other kinds of preexisting conditions may have contributed to the COVID deaths. Sometimes, though, they clearly are not likely related to the death.. But still a preexisting condition. The information being relayed is exactly what the government is reporting.

That's what i'm saying. it's not news.

Amid continuing reports of some COVID patients dying before they can receive government medical aid, there were numerous reports today of the government scrambling to streamline its patient triage system and add more ambulances and other vehicles to transport patients to hospitals.

Examples:

"Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha and the director of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) established a center for supporting the transfer of COVID-19 patients at the Support Services Department, at the Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters, on 25 April 2021.

The center will assist the Ministry of Public Health and Erawan Center, Medical Service Department, by supporting medical staff and 31 ambulances and other vehicles in their work to pick up infected people. They will support another 20 vehicles, including the medical staff for their operation."

----------------------------------

Bangkok commandeers spare vehicles as ambulances for Covid-19 patients

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000240

-----------------------------

"The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)s Medical Service Department is looking into preparing more ICU rooms, medical staff and supplies in response to rising Covid-19 cases."

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000239

---------------------------------

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) on Sunday said that more vehicles were being used to transport Covid-19 patients to hospitals.

BMA permanent secretary Silpasuay Raweesangsoon said that more pickup trucks had been deployed for transporting patients in 50 districts of the capital since April 22.

Screenshot_2.jpg.7681124f31f5875515c03e8f19d1c8d9.jpg

--------------------------------------

English translation:

https://www.facebook.com/erawancenter/

"Erawan Center would like to express our condolences to the deceased's family after being informed and hurried to deliver to the hospital. On the same day

In case of Doctor Lab Panda's page, sharing a message from a relative who has had a fever for 2-3 days and someone in the house has been infected with COVID-19 calls 1669 to coordinate and wait for hospital. RSVP
For such cases, Erawan Center has been informed via Hotline 1669 around 14.00 pm. The 25th of April Nov. 64 that there is a 70 year old man who has fast breathing, difficult to breathe. There is someone in the house who is infected with COVID-19 but the patient hasn't been detected yet. (evaluated as a red PUI patient). Relatives want to When reported, Erawan Center rushed to coordinate a private hospital nearby, but no emergency room.... (more)

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

6 minutes ago, club said:

That's not what you hear from the Thai government and media. They dont tell you when the case count Happened . Test results here in Thailand are 24 to 72 hours 

Ok so todays numbers are either, Sun., Sat or Frid. 

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Amid continuing reports of some COVID patients dying before they can receive government medical aid, there were numerous reports today of the government scrambling to streamline its patient triage system and add more ambulances and other vehicles to transport patients to hospitals:

Examples:

"Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha and the director of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) established a center for supporting the transfer of COVID-19 patients at the Support Services Department, at the Royal Thai Armed Forces Headquarters, on 25 April 2021.

The center will assist the Ministry of Public Health and Erawan Center, Medical Service Department, by supporting medical staff and 31 ambulances and other vehicles in their work to pick up infected people. They will support another 20 vehicles, including the medical staff for their operation."

----------------------------------

Bangkok commandeers spare vehicles as ambulances for Covid-19 patients

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000240

-----------------------------

"The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)s Medical Service Department is looking into preparing more ICU rooms, medical staff and supplies in response to rising Covid-19 cases."

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000239

---------------------------------

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) on Sunday said that more vehicles were being used to transport Covid-19 patients to hospitals.

BMA permanent secretary Silpasuay Raweesangsoon said that more pickup trucks had been deployed for transporting patients in 50 districts of the capital since April 22.

Screenshot_2.jpg.7681124f31f5875515c03e8f19d1c8d9.jpg

--------------------------------------

English translation:

https://www.facebook.com/erawancenter/

"Erawan Center would like to express our condolences to the deceased's family after being informed and hurried to deliver to the hospital. On the same day

In case of Doctor Lab Panda's page, sharing a message from a relative who has had a fever for 2-3 days and someone in the house has been infected with COVID-19 calls 1669 to coordinate and wait for hospital. RSVP
For such cases, Erawan Center has been informed via Hotline 1669 around 14.00 pm. The 25th of April Nov. 64 that there is a 70 year old man who has fast breathing, difficult to breathe. There is someone in the house who is infected with COVID-19 but the patient hasn't been detected yet. (evaluated as a red PUI patient). Relatives want to When reported, Erawan Center rushed to coordinate a private hospital nearby, but no emergency room.... (more)

Getting bad in real life

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

very quick today with the numbers... Normally they announce it after 11 o'clock. Something fishy again. Yesterday Sunday, less testing and quickly announce to prevent problems???

It should include all new infections since yesterday morning but that's just my thoughts 

24 minutes ago, Susco said:

They probably have decided that the guy who announces the numbers, can make them up by himself, and no need any more for a committee to negotiate which number they gonna pull out of their hat.

Or, and I am really going out on a limb here, the numbers that are announced today are actually yesterday's number.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, club said:

So in other words , you have no clue . 

Yep. Please tell me where today's numbers come from. For that matter what about Fridays. They actually tell you the day and time people died.

Edited by dinsdale

1 minute ago, MikeyIdea said:

Hi Brian,

I said I'd check news about testing people without symptoms but never had time to get back to you. Now I've got something better too so I just got to write. My 16 year daughter has a boyfriend who recently had to move to Ban Muang in Sakon Nakorn, about as far away from anywhere as you can get. Teenage love tears from both of them ???? I got so sad seeing her that I suggested - Why doesn't he come to BKK and stay a month, his school is closed until end of May anyway, I'll send him N95 masks, got to quarantine 2 weeks of course but if we all really do that, it's OK. 

Not possible. A neighbour opposite the road that he and his family had not had any contact with had tested positive. They tested the boyfriends whole family, the dog (no, not the dog) and the houses around and they are not allowed to leave the house until results from the second test is done and come back in a weeks time. None of them have any symptoms.  

And news? They talked about a smallish market where one had tested positive, not exactly sure where but they spoke central Thai, sounded like "halfway north". Loosely translated: Those who have been to the market lately can get tested, nothing about contact with the infected, nothing about symptoms. 

I think it all sounds very Thai actually. Westerners are so hung up on rules and principles. A rule cannot be perfect for all situations but OK, there is a rule... They will implement the rule everywhere regardless of it is detrimental to the cause and actually worsens the situation and then motivate the action with - It was the right thing to do. We got to follow the rule.

I've been in Thailand for 30 years, Thai's just don't do things that way if they don't have to. They follow the rule where it is necessary but... if it's good for the cause to bend the rule, and they can, have resources etc., they simply bend the rule. My humble opinion. 

It is the  Songkran effect from the Thai government not being smart enough to lock the country down.  Also most likely this is the UK variant  

2 hours ago, Petey11 said:

Just seen reported that one of those who died had a "herniated disc" listed as an underlying condition. <deleted>, can't see that been a contributing underlying condition.

On Saturday it was reported that a poor soul who died had an underlying condition of benign prostatic hyperplasia. 

I have googled the condition and it is not a contributing factor for COVID.

Half the audience of this forum can now rest a bit easier.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Yep. Please tell me where today's numbers come from. For that matter what about Fridays. They actually tell you the day and time people died.

When people die and when people get Covid positive results are two different things. I am thinking these Covid test are from 2 day ago. Unless they have perfected the rapid 15 min test. Don't think so

5 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

My Missus just came into the room and told me that sadly, a Nurse in Rayong, who was vaccinated 1 week ago has passed away.

These hard working people are the ones that need to be protected with decent Vaccines

What vaccine did they vaccinate her with?

22 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

Hi Brian,

I said I'd check news about testing people without symptoms but never had time to get back to you. Now I've got something better too so I just got to write. My 16 year daughter has a boyfriend who recently had to move to Ban Muang in Sakon Nakorn, about as far away from anywhere as you can get. Teenage love tears from both of them ???? I got so sad seeing her that I suggested - Why doesn't he come to BKK and stay a month, his school is closed until end of May anyway, I'll send him N95 masks, got to quarantine 2 weeks of course but if we all really do that, it's OK. 

Not possible. A neighbour opposite the road that he and his family had not had any contact with had tested positive. They tested the boyfriends whole family, the dog (no, not the dog) and the houses around and they are not allowed to leave the house until results from the second test is done and come back in a weeks time. None of them have any symptoms.  

And news? They talked about a smallish market where one had tested positive, not exactly sure where but they spoke central Thai, sounded like "halfway north". Loosely translated: Those who have been to the market lately can get tested, nothing about contact with the infected, nothing about symptoms. 

I think it all sounds very Thai actually. Westerners are so hung up on rules and principles. A rule cannot be perfect for all situations but OK, there is a rule... They will implement the rule everywhere regardless of it is detrimental to the cause and actually worsens the situation and then motivate the action with - It was the right thing to do. We got to follow the rule.

I've been in Thailand for 30 years, Thai's just don't do things that way if they don't have to. They follow the rule where it is necessary but... if it's good for the cause to bend the rule, and they can, have resources etc., they simply bend the rule.

I'm glad we still have this "Thai flexibility", to me it shows that their testing capacity is not overstretched yet. My humble opinion. 

Thanks for the time to write that, appreciated and excellent first hand feedback.

It was a little different in Phuket when there was an outbreak at a local school, the Disease control dept did a great job in managing the situation, telling those involved and acquaintances to get tested etc. 

Around 30 to 40 teachers had to have a test and around the same amount of students, mixed heritage, Thai and foreign were all classified as PUI. Out of all the teachers and students the only ones who had to pay were the foreigners. Shame really because aside from that it was contained quickly.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

How is 2,048 "over"  2,048? Are they referring to the 25k currently in hospitals or just generally that over 2,048 people in Thailand have been infected with the Sars-Cov2 virus. If that's the case, it's hardly news, and has been the case for awhile.

Also, virus infection doesn't equate to "COVID-19 cases." COVID-19 is the specific disease/syndrome that occurs when the body cannot fight off the virus effectively and it goes on to affect multiple organs in the body, which can cause death. Some very inaccurate headlines and reporting going on.

Thread headline: Thailand reports over 2,048 COVID-19 cases...

The news report:

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Monday reported 2,048 new COVID-19 cases...

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

15 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

How is 2,048 "over"  2,048? Are they referring to the 25k currently in hospitals or just generally that over 2,048 people in Thailand have been infected with the Sars-Cov2 virus. If that's the case, it's hardly news, and has been the case for awhile.

Also, virus infection doesn't equate to "COVID-19 cases." COVID-19 is the specific disease/syndrome that occurs when the body cannot fight off the virus effectively and it goes on to affect multiple organs in the body, which can cause death. Some very inaccurate headlines and reporting going on.

Thread headline: Thailand reports over 2,048 COVID-19 cases...

The news report:

Bad journalism. Rampant nowadays ????

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 2

On the very first day that Bangkok has enforced its mask order, PM was seen violating it by not wearing a mask during a #COVID19 vaccine meeting. He is fined 6,000 baht ($191) for it, according to the city governor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Those kinds of things aren't being listed as contributing causes of death. They're being listed as preexisting conditions, which is a different thing. The causes of death are COVID, and then for each case, they also list how they think the infection was acquired.  In a lot of the cases, though, the other kinds of preexisting conditions may have contributed to the COVID deaths.

But a slipped disc? I have a troublesome knee, if I died from Covid would it say the patient had a bad knee?

"Nearly two-thirds of Covid-19 cases in the third wave in Bangkok can be traced to entertainment venues.

According to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), visitors to entertainment venues totaled 2,227, followed by family or home (278), workplace or company (203), cluster links from other provinces (199).

Other sources of infections are SQ/ASQ/AHQ (89), banquet seminar/ordination ceremony (78), and hospitals (77), markets (74), restaurants (74), stores/convenience stores (55), sports venues/gyms (32), police station (22 police), and educational institutions (17).

04-26-21m.jpg.b2cfcff49e9546b82eacd367a0243d47.jpg

5 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

Seriously?? Thailand is not special, this virus will do what it has done in every country it has been found, it will explode, and that has not even begun yet

We have no way to know the future direction of the virus, because we don’t have access to the random sampling data; ie, we don’t know the true positivity rate. There are presumably people in the government who do know.

52 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

We have no way to know the future direction of the virus, because we don’t have access to the random sampling data; ie, we don’t know the true positivity rate. There are presumably people in the government who do know.

This is completely wrong. Yes we  do know the future direction, that is the point, dozens of countries have been exposed to this variant, it didn’t go well anywhere.   The virus will behave the same everywhere, it does not matter that this is Thailand, because Thailand is just like anywhere else, a never ending supply of willing hosts and carriers so the virus can spread

1 minute ago, ourmanflint said:

This is completely wrong. Yes we  do know the future direction, that is the point, dozens of countries have been exposed to this variant, it didn’t go well anywhere.   The virus will behave the same everywhere, it does not matter that this is Thailand, because Thailand is just like anywhere else, a never ending supply of willing hosts and carriers so the virus can spread

Do you know the positivity rate from random sampling in Thailand?

I hope your prediction is wrong. 

4 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

No, you're wrong.

Thai weather will kill it.

And anyone who doesn't believe that should leave Thailand immediately.

Ban all alcohol sales right now.

Lockdown.

5pm curfew.

That's what is needed.

• Haha 2

Mask-Wearing Rule Imposed in 50 Provinces

ms.jpg

BANGKOK, April 26 (TNA) – Fifty provinces ordered to wear masks when going outside and violators will be fined.

Among all of those provinces are Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Ayutthaya, Nonthaburi, Tak, Sukhothai, Phuket, Songkhla, Udon Thani, Khon Kaen, Surat Thani, Phitsanulok and Kanchanaburi.

Chiang Mai provinces ordered people to put on masks at the market, department stores, airports, train stations, workplaces and public places.  Violators face one year in jail or a maximum fine of 20,000 baht. The mask-wearing rule was put into effect on Monday (April 26) until May 9.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-683401

tnalogo.jpg