Face masks mandatory in Bangkok - even in your own car, BMA confirms

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

Guess I am going to have to have my wife cut a circular hole in her mask to service me while driving. Just when you think this government couldn't get any worse or idiotic, we are proven 1000,000 percent wrong. 

The police are going to have a field day. They might have to wear cargo pants or a back pack to stash all the money they will haul in. 

Why? I thought your car was an Automatic.

• Haha 1

Look don't get upset by this ludicrous dictate by the BMA. You have to realise that with all the seedy bars and Thong lor knocking shops closed down the massive bribes paid to the police and distributed thus upwards is at an unprecedented low. Therefore any way they can extort money  is game in their eyes and no better or easier is the motorist not wearing a mask in the car. You want to live in Bangkok then follow the rules.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Why? I thought your car was an Automatic.

No. it is pretty hard to drive and tug yourself all at once. Wife is still good looking, but wouldn't hurt for the ugly girlfriends to have them on for some then.

Edited by holy cow cm

55 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

My glasses steam up if I wear a face mask. Particularly in a car with the aircon on. This makes driving..... awkward.

I know for a fact that I'm not alone with this. It is a well documented problem. Yet the powers that be here seem to be completely unaware of it.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, the interior of my car is as much my own personal space as that of my house.

wipe the lens with little dishwashing liquid, and secure mask around bridge of nose, then place spectacles on face 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, expatjustice said:

So why my wife and I don't need to wear a mask while we are at home by ourselves. But we need to in the car? 

Any differe

It will be easier to police that way.

Edited by OishiRefill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OishiRefill said:

It will be easier to police that way.

Aha, but I forgot. We can eat in a restaurant where nobody will be wearing mask (obviously). 

Yep, makes a hell lot of sense, and will definitely help curb the spread. I expect no cases tomorrow ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nickelbeer said:

Nice little earner for the Boyz In Brown. Everyone wants to make the mask a crusade. I wear my mask when I am outside, though I have COPD and breathing is hard enough as it is. As I arrived back at the condo, I quickly doffed my mask and stepped into the lift, only to be sarcastically berated by a Brit who told me I should be masked and observing proper social distancing. I was wheezing like a TB patient as he "set me straight" on my duties. I resisted the urge to invite him to mind his own business. Gasping for air whilst soaked in sweat even got the attention of the blokes at Jomtien Immigration, who asked me to sit down for ten minutes and recover, after I filed my 90 day report. The return of sanity is long overdue.

Well I am not gonna berate you for not wearing mask, because having COPD and breathing while wearing a mask is indeed no easy deal. It is indeed a medical condition after all.

But please be careful, because having COPD will diminish your chances of survival if you get COVID by a lot. 

Try to go out as less as possible, I guess. Things are really bad right now, and the risk is huge.

59 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

wipe the lens with little dishwashing liquid, and secure mask around bridge of nose, then place spectacles on face 

My PADI (SCUBA) instructor taught me to spit in the mask to prevent steaming.

Possibly not so smart with covid ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shady86 said:

The jokers are really getting desperate. Whats next? 

Should I wear a mask during my morning poop?

Your wife told me its not a mask you need to wear, rather breathing apparatus ????????????????

• Haha 2

I thought that the Government was out of stupid idea's but this deserves a reward. Most stupid idea ever... in traffic rules nothing is important, but no mask would cost you 20k... or 500 THB for pocketmoney.. Throw a bomb on the Government house so that we are rid of all these stupid lawmakers ????