A Message for British Nationals in Thailand from British Ambassador Brian Davidson CMG, 27th April 2021.

4 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Dress standards of government officials from the UK have gone downhill. Don't think a foreigner can register on line, don't you need a Thai id to do it?

You will find the Thai ID in your Tabian Baan.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

Just a puppet. At least the consular team try to help - a bit.

Excuse me....may I correct your spelling..... "Just a muppet."  That's better! (Although the muppets are loveable....)

When he got to  ".....foreign residents in Thailand will be covered by the vaccination scheme of the Thai government." I thought, "Well that's all right then"....oh hang on a minute........????

Edited by VBF
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, rumak said:

comments are now.................. OPEN !

psssss.   was he wearing a mask ?   or do govt workers all have an invisible one which lets in oxygen and lets out .......................... 

..no mask so the ones with hearing impediments can still get the message.

Useless information that we already knew, nice of him to take time away from the cocktail circuit to address the UK expats, but clearly a yes man to a country that has failed miserably in handling the Pandemic????????????

• Like 2

3 hours ago, champers said:

"Wear a mask" says he ....   while not wearing one. Not a good start.

Not taking sides maybe he already got the two shots AZ 90 days so science says you don't need to wear plus he is living and being interviewed in a bubble?  Tea anyone?????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The info is welcome , however it could have been more informative e.g. what vaccines will be available and from which hospitals ( do you really want the Sinovac ? ) . A further search found the following ,

Those who want to travel abroad after being vaccinated against COVID-19 in Thailand will receive international health certificates to do so but should register for their vaccination one month from now. ( 1sr May )

The Public Health Ministry said it would issue such certificates once the WHO releases a standard form, which is expected in June, according to Health Ministry adviser Pongsadhorn Pokpermdee.

Prior to that, people on May 1 will be able to book their appointments for a jab of domestically produced AstraZeneca at one of more than 12,000 hospitals nationwide via Line or an app still under development. The service will be capable of booking inoculations, reminding users about their second dose, and reporting any side effects afterward.

Pongsadhorn said those without smartphones can contract hospitals and local health volunteers directly to book an appointment. Those who complete both jabs will get a physical and digital vaccine certificate from the providing hospital and if they registered via the Mor Prom Line account. Thirty-five-thousand people who got their shots in March already have such certificates, including front-line medical personnel, police and people working in at-risk environments. 

Thailand’s slow-to-start vaccination program has lagged behind that of its neighbors, with the 61 million AstraZeneca doses to be manufactured by the Crown Property Bureau’s Siam Bioscience not available until June. So far, Thailand has one million of Chinese CoronaVac and 100,000 doses of imported Astrazeneca in hand for emergency use

17 minutes ago, jesimps said:
4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Pity he didn’t state that the U.K. government will ensure that all expats living in the Kingdom will be given a Covid vaccine paid for by the British government they are happy to allow HMRC to take out my taxes every month what he has stated we all knew it has been well advertised so stop spewing out verbal diarrhoea and tell us something positive for once . In my last life I worked out of the BE in Washington DC so I’m well versed into what happens on a daily Basis sadly it’s the same old rhetoric day in day out ☹️☹️

Expand  

I too worked for the Brit FCO for nearly 16 years and can also see through their blx.

every government.  every day.  for as long as those alive can remember.  

There must be something,  kinda like murphy's law',  that states whenever people get positions of power they abuse it for their own benefit.

GC (george carlin) :   " its all one big country club.   and you ain't in it ! "

3 hours ago, Uroller said:

Useless information that we already knew, nice of him to take time away from the cocktail circuit to address the UK expats, but clearly a yes man to a country that has failed miserably in handling the Pandemic????????????

Don't worry , he just just given his farewells to the top man and soon we will have another one in his place. Long gone are the days when the FCO representatives support their nationals.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Excel said:

Don't worry , he just just given his farewells to the top man and soon we will have another one in his place. Long gone are the days when the FCO representatives support their nationals.

You might want to look at our activity updates. You can see how the Embassy supports British Nationals there. 

• Like 2