Lockdown proposed for Bangkok and five other Deep Red zone provinces

snoop1130

14 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

He should surely be known by his new supreme title of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-O-Cha-Czar or Uncle C or Big C to most ???? 

Wants to be like his mate Xi Jinping. Surpreme commander for life.

For weeks we heard it is NOT a lockdown, for weeks we heard there will be NO lockdown and it is as if lets do the opposite and impose a lockdown.

Businesses have not suffered enough yet, lets hit them one more time with no help from the government at all. 

Tax cuts? tax refunds? easy loans? no, but will give soft loans to big corporations who are worth billions.

Electricity discount? few baht and lets ride this pony until it dies

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Excel said:

It will be a trade off in the end, a decision that I doubt the new Czar will be unable to make I suspect until instructed.

PM Prayut's Cabinet appointed Prayut as the Czar. So not really someone new who might make any difference.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yes, I noticed that here in Hua Hin we don't have that luxury

The infected out of Bangkok are allowed to roam free here.

In all fairness, Phuket is an island. They can prevent anyone from entering by car thus able to check everyone passing their bridge

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

Without travel restrictions whatever they do will make no difference.

They have no effective vaccine plan, so they have no-way of reducing the virus...

Thailand now have to sit back and face what's coming.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ukrules said:

Yes, I noticed that here in Hua Hin we don't have that luxury

The infected out of Bangkok are allowed to roam free here.

Did you leave out the word "farang" ? or maybe it isn't the dirty farangs in the first place.

6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

In the US, doctors take the autopsy report very seriously.  If they think CV19 was the trigger for the death, that's how it's recorded.  Makes sense.  And no, if you fall off a ladder and have CV19, the virus won't be listed as your cause of death.  Terrible conspiracy theories.  It's a deadly virus. Sad some try to deny it.

We've touched on this before - in UK they were (wrongly, IMO)stating cause of death as Covid for anyone who died within 28 days of a positive test - see Point #1 in this article https://capx.co/10-reasons-to-be-cheerful-about-the-future-of-covid/

1. Deaths from Covid in the UK have not been as great as we thought. It’s now recognised that government policies on how deaths should be registered during the pandemic, including the decision not to require a second opinion on the death certificate, have meant that many deaths attributed to being ‘from’ Covid were in fact deaths ‘with’ Covid – in other words, where the cause of death was not Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

Keep them out of the provinces!

A falang who wants to ban Thais from traveling in Thailand.  hahhaahhahaha

dude, wear a mask, be smart.  do your part.  easy.  

and then you can tell Thais what they can do in their country.  

26 minutes ago, kg1947 said:

no panic ....  real percentages will show : this flu is not worse than others

So....taking the bait......how do you explain the huge increase in rolling seven year averaged excess deaths in say the UK since March 2020?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Surelynot said:
39 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The sensible thing to do is lick down.  The same rules as last time.

I tend to lick up.......but each to his own.

Rumour has it combining the two is the key to success. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phukettrader said:

Of even more significance are the number of people who have dies OF it, rather than simply WITH it. This is a fraction of the total numbers even in the west where the stats include anyone who has died of ANYTHING within 28 days of a positive test, including it seems, being hit by a bus or falling off a ladder. Must keep the people in constant fear.

Perhaps, in order to stop such futile wrangling, death certificates should record the "potential cause of premature death" rather than "cause of death"........would that help?

Edited by Surelynot

14 minutes ago, VBF said:

We've touched on this before - in UK they were (wrongly, IMO)stating cause of death as Covid for anyone who died within 28 days of a positive test - see Point #1 in this article https://capx.co/10-reasons-to-be-cheerful-about-the-future-of-covid/

1. Deaths from Covid in the UK have not been as great as we thought. It’s now recognised that government policies on how deaths should be registered during the pandemic, including the decision not to require a second opinion on the death certificate, have meant that many deaths attributed to being ‘from’ Covid were in fact deaths ‘with’ Covid – in other words, where the cause of death was not Covid.

Yeah, I read about that.  But every country does it differently.  For a member here to make blanket statements about how all deaths are reported as CV19 even if they are asymptomatic, is ridiculous.  Heck, quite a few countries don't even report stats at all! LOL

• Like 2

Just now, shackleton said:

Need to get serious and have a full lockdown for a month no interprovincial travel unless a emergency  and maybe no alcohol sales

Plus heavier fines for those who don't adhere to the rules ie meeting up and drinking alcohol ect

Almost correct........need to lockdown until the vaccine is there, ready to go with a massive roll out program.........lockdowns only work if there is an effective exit strategy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

I wonder if a lockdown goes far enough here?

They should be prevented from leaving the locked down area and entering other provinces.

I live in Hua Hin where many people who live in Bangkok have holiday homes and I have to wonder how many 1000's of Bangkok based Thais will make their way to Hua Hin bringing COVID with them when they come.

Look what happened last time someone with COVID came to Hua Hin from Bangkok - it was reported on this forum earlier today that 90% of the 1034 Hua Hin cases were related to a single event (a concert) attended by at least one infected person who previously visited the Thonglor hotspot in Bangkok.

Keep them out of the provinces!

I would say it is pretty much the same for Pattaya. Some infected Bangkok individual(s) visited Pattaya for beer and girls. Selfish and irresponsible. 

Stay in your own area and stop the spread. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think a lockdown is inevitable. 

But, lets not panic - the numbers in Thailand are still far far less than exist in our home countries. 

That said, the ‘whole numbers’ are somewhat irrelevant and simply depend on the amount of people tested. 

If Thailand were to test 100,000 random cases per day, how many of those would be positive. 

400,000 per day? how many of those?

Testing 3000 people per day who have symptoms or been exposed to someone with symptoms or have tested positive is a highly misleading observation / metric of the true picture of the Covid-19 outbreak in Thailand. 

Of far greater significance is: 

1) Number of People who have died because of Covid-19

2) Number of People in ICU because of Covid-19 (and available beds)

3) Number of serious Covid-19 cases (i.e. Number of people in hospitals requiring treatment for Covid-19)

Thailand still needs to concentrate on getting the Vaccines distributed as quickly as possible. 

If your home country is Australia or New Zealand then Thailand's numbers are certainly not way less than those 2 countries.

Edited by Spock