Lockdown proposed for Bangkok and five other Deep Red zone provinces

snoop1130

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

I wonder if a lockdown goes far enough here?

They should be prevented from leaving the locked down area and entering other provinces.

I live in Hua Hin where many people who live in Bangkok have holiday homes and I have to wonder how many 1000's of Bangkok based Thais will make their way to Hua Hin bringing COVID with them when they come.

Look what happened last time someone with COVID came to Hua Hin from Bangkok - it was reported on this forum earlier today that 90% of the 1034 Hua Hin cases were related to a single event (a concert) attended by at least one infected person who previously visited the Thonglor hotspot in Bangkok.

Keep them out of the provinces!

What you are saying is the same as saying keep people from the UK out because it's a UK variant that's spreading around . It makes no sence , the virus is there already doesn't matter where it comes from because nobody knows . Time for mass vaccination , not finger pointing it won't help . 

Just now, Merlindxb said:

Is anyone following the IVERMECTIN ? it appears 20+ countries have approved its use on humans. jut havent heard much about it here

You won't hear about it here because it's not an approved drug for Covid.  The mods are very good about removing conspiracy theories and fake news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

What you are saying is the same as saying keep people from the UK out because it's a UK variant that's spreading around . It makes no sence , the virus is there already doesn't matter where it comes from because nobody knows . Time for mass vaccination , not finger pointing it won't help . 

It's not finger pointing.  Knowing the origin of the virus, and what variant is here, is key to dealing with it.

It came in from Cambodia.  How it got there?  Not sure. 

But yes, time for mass vaccinations.  Unfortunately.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Elkski said:

"Besides the six Deep Red provinces, 55 others will be classified as Red zones and the remaining 16 as Orange zones. There are no more Yellow and Green zones."

I'm wondering what colour they go to next. Deep, Deep Red, Even Deeper Red with a bit of Black? That's the trouble with zone inflation.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

According to the article posted, the only change from how things are now is that "eateries" would be restricted to take-out and delivery.  Shopping malls and public transport still operating, no curfew, and no restrictions on entering or leaving the city.  Mind you, it's only a proposal.

Plus according to the article, there are a lot more than five provinces listed. 

1 hour ago, orang37 said:

uhhhh  ... no.

When you do what you must, and what you can, carefully, with some regard for other people, and go on living.

~o:37;

Wow , you have the solution ?? People aren't dying anymore ?? Everybody is living forever ?? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Testing 3000 people per day who have symptoms or been exposed to someone with symptoms or have tested positive is a highly misleading observation / metric of the true picture of the Covid-19 outbreak in Thailand. 

Yeah, it didn’t work in New Zealand, Australia, Vietnam, South Korea, Taiwan etc. All those countries - the ones who relied upon contract testing - have failed. Whereas the the large scale random testing countries - USA, Europe, South America - have succeeded.

Science seems to disagree with you. 

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well if a new lockdown is the same as the last lockdown, do people really need to hoard groceries? Yes, I know many will, but I had no problem buying groceries normally during that period. Also there are online grocery and restaurant deliveries too. 

For me it is not a matter of hoarding, it is to limit the times I have to go out shopping for my own protection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

In the US, doctors take the autopsy report very seriously.  If they think CV19 was the trigger for the death, that's how it's recorded.  Makes sense.  And no, if you fall off a ladder and have CV19, the virus won't be listed as your cause of death.  Terrible conspiracy theories.  It's a deadly virus. Sad some try to deny it.

So is the flu .

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Someone recently posted on here that they were doing 15,000 tests a day and finding 2000 up , so in all likelihood, if the tested 100,000, 12-15,000 positives would come back

So by your reckoning over a hundred died yesterday and no one noticed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

They have no effective vaccine plan, so they have no-way of reducing the virus...

Thailand now have to sit back and face what's coming.

Why they have to sit back and face what's coming ?? They should get the vaccine program started as soon as possible . Or do you do nothing when the light is red and just sit back and face what's coming ?? Or do you brake and stop like everybody else does ?? 

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

Why they have to sit back and face what's coming ?? They should get the vaccine program started as soon as possible . Or do you do nothing when the light is red and just sit back and face what's coming ?? Or do you brake and stop like everybody else does ?? 

Eggs, baskets and arrogance (stupidity?)..........everything was going fine, no great rush, set up a factory to manufacture the vaccine and make money at the same time.......no need to spend money buying other peoples vaccines......then boom.........Myanmar slave labour and UK variant landed......'we' are now back in March 2020, but with a more virulent strain and the economy in much worse shape.......happy days.

• Like 1

I dont know if lockdowns work or not, I think people should be more responsible and stop any traveling to different provinces,

I did see some post in FB groups whereby people are getting their flights cancelled, one lady I saw is in Phuket and needs to get back to CM I think she has had 3 flights cancelled.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Thailand isn't the only country with this problem.  Australia is one.  Not many jabs issued so far.  There are a limited supply of vaccines and a HUGE global demand.

55 minutes ago, Keesters said:

I would say it is pretty much the same for Pattaya. Some infected Bangkok individual(s) visited Pattaya for beer and girls. Selfish and irresponsible. 

Stay in your own area and stop the spread. 

Stay in your own area and stop the spread would have been enough , or you think people from pattaya don't visit bkk ?? 

• Like 1

I was locked down in Melbourne Australia for 8 months .

One person from each household allowed food shopping.everyone else only allowed to go to work or essential services.

I was harsh measures but in saying that it worked.

Australia has done exceptionally well compared to the rest of the world. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Stay in your own area and stop the spread would have been enough , or you think people from pattaya don't visit bkk ?? 

I agree with you, when you hear the news on Thai TV it always seems family members visiting other family members that are spreading it around.

If like me I have everything I need in my tamboon only last Sunday had to go to central get the wife new glasses but we went early as it opened when no one was there, then back home.

For me you can lock down our area

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think a lockdown is inevitable. 

But, lets not panic - the numbers in Thailand are still far far less than exist in our home countries. 

That said, the ‘whole numbers’ are somewhat irrelevant and simply depend on the amount of people tested. 

If Thailand were to test 100,000 random cases per day, how many of those would be positive. 

400,000 per day? how many of those?

Testing 3000 people per day who have symptoms or been exposed to someone with symptoms or have tested positive is a highly misleading observation / metric of the true picture of the Covid-19 outbreak in Thailand. 

Of far greater significance is: 

1) Number of People who have died because of Covid-19

2) Number of People in ICU because of Covid-19 (and available beds)

3) Number of serious Covid-19 cases (i.e. Number of people in hospitals requiring treatment for Covid-19)

Thailand still needs to concentrate on getting the Vaccines distributed as quickly as possible. 

The far greater issue and concern is how many people are walking around asyptomatic and spreading the virus without anyone knowing because of the low quantity of testing?  That's why your seeing the numbers increase on what they are reporting now.

Everyone likes to point the finger at the USA for their total numbers of cases but that is partially due to the shear volume of testing that was being done over the last year and find those cases, many caused by the thoughtless attitude of many about their rights and not masking and not feeling sick but being asymptomatic and spread g it around 

If you look at the number they used to call PUI (People Under Investigation) that were admittedly not tested here that gives you a better idea of the scope   I am not sure they even report or list that number any longer

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mywayboy said:

I was locked down in Melbourne Australia for 8 months .

One person from each household allowed food shopping.everyone else only allowed to go to work or essential services.

I was harsh measures but in saying that it worked.

Australia has done exceptionally well compared to the rest of the world. 

Yeah and government paid and supported people and businesses, Thailand doing nadda, only talk but no action 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think a lockdown is inevitable. 

But, lets not panic - the numbers in Thailand are still far far less than exist in our home countries. 

That said, the ‘whole numbers’ are somewhat irrelevant and simply depend on the amount of people tested. 

If Thailand were to test 100,000 random cases per day, how many of those would be positive. 

400,000 per day? how many of those?

Of far greater significance is: 

1) Number of People who have died because of Covid-19

2) Number of People in ICU because of Covid-19 (and available beds)

3) Number of serious Covid-19 cases (i.e. Number of people in hospitals requiring treatment for Covid-19)

Thailand still needs to concentrate on getting the Vaccines distributed as quickly as possible. 

The only difference between now and actual lockdown is the word lockdown.

Not sure about BKK but in Pattaya after 23:00 place is a ghost town. Even prior to restrictions 7-11 and family marts were closed after midnight .

restrict interprovincial movement is what was needed