Restrictions increased in Bangkok, Chonburi, Chiang Mai and 3 other provinces

Jonathan Fairfield

10 hours ago, thai006 said:

i done my 14 days quarantine in October last year , i got my 1 injection this month  and i hope i will back to Thailand in November without quarantine anymore 

The rules they announced  today say 14 day quarantines for future arrivals, regardless of vaccination. Of course, it's possible the COVID situation will improve in the future and they'll change their rules once again.

11 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

LOS more like dead Los for fully vaccinated very clean farangs ???? 

Since there are not really mass flights in on carriers like BA until October earliest, another lockdown for 2-3 months would not be an issue for those of use stuck abroad for the last 13 months if it gest Thailand open later in the year. Unfortunately thailand had no social security to support those in lockdown

13 hours ago, taxin said:

This is a repeat of what we seen during the new year holiday weekend in January, this weekend is also a long weekend (Monday & Tuesday is a holiday). 

I was in Pattaya new years eve and the malls were closed, other than takeaway food. Virtually nothing open on the street but managed to get a beer on the beach.

I flew to the US last Friday, got my first Pfizer shot on Saturday and was debating between returning to Thailand in mid-June and doing a 7 day quarantine or waiting until July 1 and arriving in Phuket with (maybe) no quarantine. So much for those plans. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, thai006 said:

i hope i will back to Thailand in November without quarantine anymore 

If you mean November 2025, you may be right.

Otherwise and contrary to the previous restrictions measures, these ones appear to be open ended...start on May 1st and no finish line... maybe they will end at the same time as the state of emergency...see what I mean...

• Like 1

Ok.  make the most 'dangerous' places miserable to live during the holiday so that they leave for less restricted places during the holiday to spread the good cheer.

Guess you don't want to stop the elite from getting to their vacation chateu's that are still open. 

But it was nice of them to leave the malls open as a holiday spot for the peasants lol.

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

People are also asked to only leave home if absolutely necessary.

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Shopping malls must close by 9pm.

If people should only leave their homes when necessary why would they need to go to a mall

Do shopping malls need to be open at all?

Restaurants that close earlier just means more people go earlier so more densely  populated then before (another stupid idea that did not work in the UK)

Having seen the devastation caused by people suddenly going shopping in the UK (allowing people to go shopping at Xmas) and the immediate enormous spike in cases and deaths. The exact thing happened in multiple other counties in the EU so why is Thailand not learning from other countries mistakes.  The vaccine won't be given out in any large enough numbers for some months yet, so why risk it 

Now they are increasing the isolation period back up to 14 days (people that have been vaccinated or tested free of the virus). The very people they want in the country but hold no risk.

Hospitalizing everyone that tests positive, every hospital will be full my the end of next week at their present rate.

They may be trying to emulate China in that respect but they don't have the means to do it so need to be looking at other strict options to minimalize the effect.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, they "forgot" to make that announcement ???? 

Having been caught out last time we stocked up on food and, of course, beer yesterday. The local booze wholesaler was doing very brisk business. It seems that the locals are of the same opinion, booze sale restrictions coming next.

Never had a problem last time, with the exception of eggs that were in short supply due to some people wanting to build castles out of the cartons, we could get everything from Macro/Tesco local shops etc.  Alcohol obviously was not available from the main stores, local Tesco/7/11 etc and even one of the local Ma and Pa stores but was never not available from the local "wholesaler" or the more "flexible" Ma nd Pa store in the village.

55 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

Now they are increasing the isolation period back up to 14 days (people that have been vaccinated or tested free of the virus). The very people they want in the country but hold no risk.

Hospitalizing everyone that tests positive, every hospital will be full my the end of next week at their present rate.

To quarantine vaccinated people for 14 days shows how much confidence in the vaccines the government has...

Hospitalizing asymptomatic people for 14 days was possible when there were only a couple dozen cases per day, but it is a sure recipe for healthcare disaster with the actual numbers...

• Like 2

it would seem 90% of people have the wrong idea about vaccines, the only thing the vaccines do if they work is to stop you from getting as sick as you would if not have it, other than that nothing has changed, still full time mask, wash wash ect, and you can still catch another strain of the virus, so after everybody is vaccinated it will be up to the governments as to what year you can take your mask off and party etc etc,

59 minutes ago, Excel said:

Shopping malls will  be opened because they are almost all owned by you know who, who gifts the other you know who to ensure the pseudo monopolistic conditions and favoured trading status continues.

Which is why they were targeted in 2010.

Malls have to be open because they have banks, dentists, clinics and other necessary services in them, for people that actually live here and are not just on holiday.

10 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

To quarantine vaccinated people for 14 days shows how much confidence in the vaccines the government has...

You cannot guarantee that a vaccinated person isn't carrying the virus and won't transmit it to others, hence the quarantine. 

Back to 14 days and I can see a total ban on arrivals if this wave gets out of hand.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Why is it more of a risk if I pop off to my local 7-Eleven for a packet of Mama noodles at 9.30 pm instead of 8.30? Anyone care to enlighten me?

The virus knows how to tell time . Also it knows how to count people (restaurants cannot serve in to less then 20 people but gatherings with less then 20 people still can be held) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, they "forgot" to make that announcement ???? 

Having been caught out last time we stocked up on food and, of course, beer yesterday. The local booze wholesaler was doing very brisk business. It seems that the locals are of the same opinion, booze sale restrictions coming next.

There is never any reason to fret about Beer supplies; the Mom and Pop shops will sell it to you anytime, Ban or no Ban .  Just ask them why and they will tell you because they need money and not some crazy halfwit in Government telling them not to sell it !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

There is never any reason to fret about Beer supplies; the Mom and Pop shops will sell it to you anytime, Ban or no Ban .  Just ask them why and they will tell you because they need money and not some crazy halfwit in Government telling them not to sell it !

And then they run out because they can't re-stock.

Last time the local stores and restaurants (selling through the back door) were out of stock within a week.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1