Restrictions increased in Bangkok, Chonburi, Chiang Mai and 3 other provinces

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

The Mrs got some info in Thai (apparently from the Government) on Facebook and it says the new restrictions will be enforced from 1st of May!?

That's handy, can still go for a birthday meal tomorrow. ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

Vaccinated people who waited patiently for the quarantine period to drop to 7 days, only to find that they will now have to do 14 if the arrive after 6th May will be a little peeved to say the least. I was planning a trip overseas quite soon where I am eligible for Covid vaccination on the assumption that I would have to do a maximum of 7 days quarantine (or zero) on my return. I will now need a rethink and re-plan. My mistake for assuming....

I can't find any mention of folks coming in who are fully vaccinated all completed 14 days before arrival. 

• Confused 2

This is a repeat of what we seen during the new year holiday weekend in January, this weekend is also a long weekend (Monday & Tuesday is a holiday). 

Thai government are closing restaurants to deter people from gathering, also to deter people from making trips to Hua Hin, Pattaya etc.

My guess is restaurants will be back open again on Wednesday when people return back to work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I can't find any mention of folks coming in who are fully vaccinated all completed 14 days before arrival. 

Just seen the video of the press conference. Unless you already have your certificate of entry, vaccinated or not it's 14 days. That's a kicker. An extra 20,000+ baht to the cost of everything.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, rott said:

Could have been worse. 

It will be, people will move out of the restricted zones and into the less restricted zones.

This will encourage people to travel, people who otherwise would not have traveled to different provinces.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

CCSA spokesperson Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin also announced that quarantine for all arrivals to Thailand will be increased to 14 days again after having previously been reduced to ten days.

A government spokesman also clarified that the new 14 day quarantine -- a return to the duration in effect prior to April 1 -- also will apply to inbound travelers who already have been vaccinated for COVID, if they've received their Certificate of Entry on or after May 1.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

A government spokesman also clarified that the new 14 day quarantine -- a return to the duration in effect prior to April 1 -- also will apply to inbound travelers who already have been vaccinated for COVID, if they've received their Certificate of Entry on or after May 1.

Finally some good news... ????

37 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:
40 minutes ago, rott said:

That's handy, can still go for a birthday meal tomorrow. ????

37 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Think will do the same even if my birthday is 5 months into the future!

Last chance to catch Covid then. Enjoy. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got my second jab in the US on April 24. I was thinking of delaying my return to Thailand until May 8, when I would be eligible for a 7 day quarantine, but decided that waiting 11 days to save 3 days in quarantine didn’t make sense. Lucky me, I am in 10 day quarantine now, rather than 14 days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Why is it more of a risk if I pop off to my local 7-Eleven for a packet of Mama noodles at 9.30 pm instead of 8.30? Anyone care to enlighten me?

People tend to congregate at the 7/11 front step popup bar.

• Like 2