Coronavirus vaccinations on the islands

On 5/9/2021 at 2:46 PM, khunPer said:

From June Thai manufactured AstraZeneca covid-vaccine will be available, and maybe Russian Sputnik V, both are vector-based vaccines, and you probably have no choice.

From July, or later, furthermore Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will enter the program that otherwise is on track from original planning     snip

At some point Moderna Covid-vaccine might be available through private hospitals . . . snip

To introduce a lighter note into the gloom and confusion . . .  ????

Vacc222ine-for-Thailand.jpg

Edited by robsamui

19 hours ago, khunPer said:

SS-number is probably same as Thai ID-number, which is also TIN (Tax Identification Number) for work permit. Yellow House Book and Pink ID-card for aliens has a Thai ID-number, also used for TIN (I talk from experience). I used my Thai ID-number.

So for those of us who have registered at Samui Hospital do we now need to go to Central to register also ?

Who is in charge of the distribution , is it the Tesse Bahn ? 

1 hour ago, churchill said:

So for those of us who have registered at Samui Hospital do we now need to go to Central to register also ?

Who is in charge of the distribution , is it the Tesse Bahn ? 

Sorry Churchill. I do not know the answer to that.

This event is organised by the tourist people on Samui. Part of the 'vaccinate everyone so that we can welcome tourists'? Some governemnt people were there today but I do not know if local or from Suratthani.

If you register at the Central Festival one, you will be given a confirmed date for the vaccine.

I believe that it is for over 60's at the moment. Can you confirm that Samui Bodoh?

Everyone that I know who has registered is over 60 years old.

They will be open again tomorrow and Monday

According to local official information (in Thai language, my GF showed me) and Samui Info by Nicha, those under 60 years, i.e. until 59 years of age, are going to be vaccinated from 26th to 31st May, 8 am til 4:30 pm (08:00-16:30). If you have a house book (yellow for foreigners), you are already on the list. It's Sinovac vaccine and 30,000 doses are available. You can go to Samui Hospital (Nathon), Bangkok Hospital, Central Festival or the University...

Kan være et billede af tekst, der siger "SAMUI INFO NICHA Ko Samui Residents Vaccination Schedule Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine for 18-59 years old. 30,000 residents to be vaccinated First Injection: 26-31 May 2021 Second Injection: 23-28 June 2021 អាรកมกាลា At the following locations: .Koh Samui Hospital 2. Bangkok Samui Hospital .International College of Tourism Central Festival Samui COVID-1 10-1 VACCINE Source: Ko Samui Municipality"

This seems to be different information from the 1st June quoted above, or perhaps it continues after May 31 for one more day? Where do you have your information from @Samui Bodoh?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, khunPer said:

According to local official information (in Thai language, my GF showed me) and Samui Info by Nicha, those under 60 years, i.e. until 59 years of age, are going to be vaccinated from 26th to 31st May, 8 am til 4:30 pm (08:00-16:30). If you have a house book (yellow for foreigners), you are already on the list. It's Sinovac vaccine and 30,000 doses are available. You can go to Samui Hospital (Nathon), Bangkok Hospital, Central Festival or the University...

Kan være et billede af tekst, der siger "SAMUI INFO NICHA Ko Samui Residents Vaccination Schedule Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine for 18-59 years old. 30,000 residents to be vaccinated First Injection: 26-31 May 2021 Second Injection: 23-28 June 2021 អាรកมกាลា At the following locations: .Koh Samui Hospital 2. Bangkok Samui Hospital .International College of Tourism Central Festival Samui COVID-1 10-1 VACCINE Source: Ko Samui Municipality"

This seems to be different information from the 1st June quoted above, or perhaps it continues after May 31 for one more day? Where do you have your information from @Samui Bodoh?

Hi KP

It looks like (yet another!) T.I.T. moment. 

Bloody Hell.

I got the June 1st date from the nice lady (nurse?) when I registered yesterday (I am under 60), and I quadruple-checked it, up to and including writing it out 2 different ways and showing them to her. Further, there was another under-60 who registered right beside me with another nice lady (nurse?) who also was told June 1st.

I can't explain the disparities between the different sources of information.

Looks like even more fun trying to figure out which is correct. Hmm... if either! cheesy.gif.5d624e2fb36156c11f2ecd09e5dd932b.gifcheesy.gif.5d624e2fb36156c11f2ecd09e5dd932b.gifcheesy.gif.5d624e2fb36156c11f2ecd09e5dd932b.gif

Further proof, if further proof were needed, that you need to have a sense of humour to live here.

Cheers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Morning @Tropicalevo

"I believe that it is for over 60's at the moment. Can you confirm that Samui Bodoh?

Everyone that I know who has registered is over 60 years old."

No, this is not correct. 

Registration for the free vaccine(s) is open to all adult foreigners. 

You need to bring ID; the preference is for either the Pink Thai ID card or a Thai Driver's  License, but if needed you can register with your passport. You do not need a work permit. You do not need to have an app on your phone (they didn't ask me about it nor did I see them ask anyone about it). The registration location is across the street from Central Festival/TOPS Supermarket in the white 'pavilion' building by the lake next to the community exercise equipment.

If you are under 60 years old, you are told to go to either Central Festival OR the University (your choice) on June 1st between 9 AM and 4 PM for a shot of SinoVac. 

If you are over 60 years old, you are told to go to either Central Festival OR the University (your choice) on June 7th between 9AM and 4 PM for a shot of AstraZeneca.

@churchill I can only speculate regarding Nathon Hospital registrations. I was told where/when to go after my form was filled, and that was the end of it. If the hospital told you where/when to go, I think you are fine. If the hospital did not say "go to Central Festival/University on June 7th between 9 AM and 4 PM", I would double check with the hospital or at Chaweng, or both. You have been in Thailand long enough to know that Thailand, and more specifically Thai Officials, have a knack of making easy things difficult, so...

A final comment. Given the current virus situation in Bangkok and the current government's hyper-focus on Bangkok, I think these are the only vaccines that we will see on Samui until the private hospitals get permission to import and sell, and my guess is that won't occur until late July? August? September? Make of that what you will.

Cheers All

Registered at Central for AZ Vaccine on 7th June . Very quick more staff than people registering .

Showed passport and driving license .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Bloody Hell.

I got the June 1st date from the nice lady (nurse?) when I registered yesterday (I am under 60), and I quadruple-checked it, up to and including writing it out 2 different ways and showing them to her. Further, there was another under-60 who registered right beside me with another nice lady (nurse?) who also was told June 1st.

I went to opposite Central today, even I registered on the email-form, just to be safe (doesn't matter I had already registered, now I was instead registered online in the app), and I was asked to come May 26th, as I was under 60...????

I needed my Thai ID-card and girlfriend to convince them that I was over 60 years old...????

PS: I got an extremely good sense of humor...????

Edited by khunPer
  • Haha 2

Went today. Am just on a retirement visa so no pink card or wp. Got a bit of a runaround but finally registered as an over 60 with medical condition. Did not get an appointment but was told just to show up on the 7th.

I cant figure this <deleted> out.

Edited by Can samui
  • Like 2

On 5/14/2021 at 11:13 AM, Tropicalevo said:

I have just been informed by a neighbour that foreigners can register to be vaccinated today at Central Festival.

Just passport number needed.

Vaccine will be AstraZeneca and administered on 7th June.

Registered today at the lake, Sinovac for me, jabs from 26 to 31 May. As far as I could understand this is not a done deal,  it depends how many vaccines they receive.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2021 at 1:38 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

First of all, many thanks Mr. T! 

I just went down to Chaweng and registered; it took me all of 20 minutes. The registration is taking place in the white, open air building on the lake next to the community exercise equipment and the traffic roundabout. Hmm... it is also right across/directly across the street from the back entrance of TOPS Supermarket. Registration is open today until 4 PM, tomorrow and (I think) until Monday.

The vaccines are AstraZeneca for those over 60 on June 7th and Sinovac for those under 60 on June 1st. The shots will be given at either Central Festival or the University.

If you have a driver's license, bring it. If you have the 'pink ID' card, bring it. Failing that, bring your passport and that is sufficient. Hmmm... also, bring your phone (yes, I am that stupid; I went there without my phone, but everything was fine).

Finally, let me say "Thanks!!!" again to @khunPer and @Tropicalevo for all the posts with all the information. I know that I speak for many when I say that we all appreciate the time and effort you have put in keeping everyone informed.

Keep up the wonderful work!

Cheers

I popped down there with Thai GF this afternoon Sunday, hoping to register. Very quiet. Only about four people being seen to.

Sat down and showed my driving licence. Explained that I lived here and was retired. Was told cannot. Need to come back with Tax I.D. number.

So it looks like I will be waiting for the private hospitals to sell vaccinations.

Edited by phetphet
  • Confused 1

HERE is an article in Thai language about Samui vaccination, Google translate seems to work well...

Koh Samui opens a community for vaccination registration Foreigners pay attention as well.

May 16, 2021 - 1:11 p.m.

%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%A2-%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%8B%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%991.jpg

Google...

Koh Samui opens a site for vaccination registration according to community sources So that Koh Samui residents can get vaccinated to build group immunity While the workers in neighboring countries And foreigners who live on Koh Samui are also interested in requesting the injection as well.

At 09:30 on May 16, 2021 at Koh Samui, Surat Thani Province. Koh Samui Municipality Bring municipal officials together with volunteers to set up a COVID-19 vaccination registration service. According to the communities around Koh Samui So that people on Koh Samui And people who work in Koh Samui have registered the COVID-19 vaccine. According to the government policy that all Thais must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. It's a national agenda

For the registration of COVID-19 vaccination At the multi-purpose pavilion, Pru Chaweng, Moo 2, Bo Phut sub-district throughout the day, there are Thai people living there. And those who work in Koh Samui Thaoy entered the registration process all day long. The same applies to workers in neighboring countries. Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia and many foreigners living on Koh Samui. Also pay attention to the registration request for vaccination Although the government has not yet allowed to vaccinate the group this time...

Mathicon Online "เกาะสมุยเปิดจุดรับลงทะเบียนฉีดวัคซีนตามชุมชน ต่างชาติให้ความสนใจด้วย", read more HERE.

Tried to get vaccinated today inside the Central Festival, no success. They told me foreigners will be vaccinated only at the University on 31/05. I went there to confirm and was told 01/06...looks like need to check both days.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I see some foreigners within age group of 30-40 getting the shot even though they don't have chronic disease. So how do you explain this 'rule'?

On Samui everyone (over 18) is eligible for vaccination. Under 60 get Coronavac. Over 60 get the one from AstraZeneca.

The one thing that can still ruin the plans is if a large Covid cluster is found somewhere (economically important) and the government decices to reallocate vaccins originally destined for Samui. I think all the Sinovac for this round is already on the island though, but the Astra isn’t. 

• Like 2

Hi All

I just went to the Mae Nam Health Clinic to ask re: vaccinations. I should note that they have a track record of 'being on the ball'.

The nice ladies there told me that May 26-31 is reserved for Thai people, and that foreigners (Cambodians, Burmese, Vietnamese, Canadians, Europeans, Russians, etc.) are only eligible on June 1st at the University in Chaweng.

I asked them 7-8 times in 9-10 different ways in English and in Thai. I asked them in French and Indonesian, just to see what would happen; all I got was confused looking faces. I wrote out the date and showed it to them. I asked again 8-9 more times in 10-11 different ways and still got the same answer; June 1st at the University in Chaweng for Foreigners.

I know that this contradicts the graphics posted on this thread, but it does correspond with what I was told the day I registered (two weeks ago, or so).

What to say? This is Thailand, so up is down, black is white, left is right, hot is cold, straight is bent, fast is slow, spicy is bland, Thai food is delicious and Thai women are hot.

For what it's worth, I think June 1st is for foreigners at the University in Chaweng.

Maybe.

Perhaps.

Any and all other/further information welcome...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gearbox said:

Tried to get vaccinated today inside the Central Festival, no success. They told me foreigners will be vaccinated only at the University on 31/05. I went there to confirm and was told 01/06...looks like need to check both days.

Foreigners for Sinovac vaccine (under 60 years) was told June 1st during the pre-registration...????

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

I see some foreigners within age group of 30-40 getting the shot even though they don't have chronic disease. So how do you explain this 'rule'?

Pre-registered, probably works in tourists related business, or the company registering them had stated so. Companies could fill in a form and email to Samui Tourism...????

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I asked again 8-9 more times in 10-11 different ways and still got the same answer; June 1st at the University in Chaweng for Foreigners.

I heard June 1 st mentioned several times for foreigners, and if you are 60 years or older, it's June 7th with an AZ jab...????

37 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

You forgot the third part of the triangle.

The beer is cold. ????????

Except at The Thirsty Moose in Maenam, famous for it's cold ladies and warm beer (true statement)...????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

On Samui everyone (over 18) is eligible for vaccination. Under 60 get Coronavac. Over 60 get the one from AstraZeneca.

The one thing that can still ruin the plans is if a large Covid cluster is found somewhere (economically important) and the government decices to reallocate vaccins originally destined for Samui. I think all the Sinovac for this round is already on the island though, but the Astra isn’t. 

In Chiang Mai, all the under 60 foreigners without pink ID have to wait. So why the huge discrimination?

Edited by EricTh

21 minutes ago, EricTh said:

In Chiang Mai, all the under 60 foreigners without pink ID have to wait. So why the huge discrimination?

Because "...some are more equal than others", and Samui is part in the sandbox-model, together with Phuket, with opening for tourism from July 1st, whilst Chiang Mai is to my knowledge potentially included in the October 1st reopening, if the sandbox works, so you'll probably be among those that are next in line...????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Because "...some are more equal than others", and Samui is part in the sandbox-model, together with Phuket, with opening for tourism from July 1st, whilst Chiang Mai is to my knowledge potentially included in the October 1st reopening, if the sandbox works, so you'll probably be among those that are next in line...????

I'm just wondering whether  foreigners from other provinces can just fly over just to have the vaccine in Samui or must our address be in Samui?

21 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I'm just wondering whether  foreigners from other provinces can just fly over just to have the vaccine in Samui or must our address be in Samui?

Probably, address on samui, one poster mentioned about problems with information from Immigration Office.

• Like 1