Coronavirus vaccinations on the islands

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

At the moment the QR code is useless - just says 'coming soon".

Works now, with pretty glaring privacy holes (input any birth date and get a list of ids + names + phone numbers)... But hey, at least it's happening.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

At the moment the QR code is useless - just says 'coming soon".

It's working now, put the number on your yellow appointment paper into the Tax ID slot.

My original appointment was the 19th Sept...now it's the 18th

• Like 1

Where was you AZ vaccine made?

There have a been a number forum postings about that Thai manufactured AZ is not yet approved in fx. Europe for entry as vaccinated. According to Ministry of Public Health you can check the origin of your AZ-vaccine in the Mor Prom app...

242088168_389706366021006_7578404007771263673_n.jpg.a027d65f3aef37a9edc079936bb88274.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

And for us old faarrtts....

https://www1.samuihospital.go.th/line-bot/covid19/vaccine-queue/az-dose-2/checked_queue.php

Click on the above link, choose from the drop down menu and enter your details.

I am supposed to get my second vaccination on Monday. Entered my details several times both yesterday and today.  Get my name and  details up so right person, but just says "Wait for Announcement" for date and place.

Spoke to a guy today who told me his friend was due to receive his second shot on Monday and has been given a new date in October.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

The government are using AZ as booster shots for all of their friends and frontline workers that had Sinovac, so it is likely that supplies are short.

800,000 frontline workers got Pfeizer, part of the 2 million doses US-donation, and they seems to have more Pfeizer coming, much more. They however use AZ as second jab for folks with Sinovac as first jab. As AZ is limited to 7 million doses per month, instead of the by government planned 10 million doses, there might be shortage, apart from what gets donated from for example Korea and recently 300,000 extra doses from Japan.

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

800,000 frontline workers got Pfeizer, part of the 2 million doses US-donation, and they seems to have more Pfeizer coming, much more. They however use AZ as second jab for folks with Sinovac as first jab. As AZ is limited to 7 million doses per month, instead of the by government planned 10 million doses, there might be shortage, apart from what gets donated from for example Korea and recently 300,000 extra doses from Japan.

Which begs the question how long does a single shot last before it loses its efficacy? If 12 weeks becomes 16 weeks or more, will we still have any protection? Hopefully any delays won't be too long.

Just checked and still at "wait for announcement."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Which begs the question how long does a single shot last before it loses its efficacy? If 12 weeks becomes 16 weeks or more, will we still have any protection? Hopefully any delays won't be too long.

Just checked and still at "wait for announcement."

You are likely talking about an AZ jab, and to what I've seen a single jab protects and lasts well, and extending the time to second jab increases total protection; a quick Google-search gives for example these results...

Medical News Today, July 2021 "Longer gap between COVID-19 vaccine doses may increase immune response".

The Times of India, May 2021 "A three-month gap between two AstraZeneca doses gives better protection – we developed our vaccine for equity, not profit".

AstraZeneca, February 2021 "COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca confirms 100% protection against severe disease, hospitalisation and death in the primary analysis of Phase III trials". 

Increased efficacy with longer inter-dose interval
Protection of over 70% starting after a first dose
First indication of reduction in disease transmission of up to 67%

-And for those that gets mixed vaccines...

BBC, June 2021 "Mixing Covid jabs has good immune response, study finds".

Went to the Government Children's Clinic in Bangrak this morning. Asked there about my appointment. Showed him the page with "Wait for Announcement.".

Was told, " We don't have vaccine. Don't worry. Just keep checking the page and it will be updated with your new appointment when we are ready."

• Like 1

"Those who have an appointment card for the 2nd dose of AstraZeneca on 19 Sep can go for the vaccination to Koh Samui Hospital or Bangkok Hospital Samui on 18th and 19th September.

For those who have the given appointment card from 20 Sep onwards, please wait for the next announcement due to limited quantity of vaccines."

Koh Samui Hospital

241957664_390881522570157_8593966981807380459_n.jpg.9409343f622fbc2dddc32f1e51bf35b8.jpg

As was the case for the first round of AZ vaccinations at the university, the second session at Bangkok Samui hospital yesterday was carried out with the same professionalism and excellent organisation by the medical staff involved.

I hope the same applies at Nathon Hospital for today's recipients. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tmoney said:

I hope the same applies at Nathon Hospital for today's recipients.

For my 2nd AZ jab at Samui Hospital in Nathon it took 10 minutes from arrival - including registration and paperwork - till I was fully vaccinated and on my way out again. Very efficient and professional, thank you Thailand...????????

• Like 1

Update from Samui Hospital re. 2nd dose of AstraZeneca. If you can't come on your appointment date, - you can go on the 29th September instead, either at Bangkok Samui Hospital in Chaweng Noi, or at Koh Samui Hospital in Nathon...

242149977_393088615682781_6469290131185659328_n.jpg.1de8914f618b7bd4af2c0b648c56d44b.jpg

Vaccination update

Those on Samui that have received 2 jabs of Sinovac are eligible to receive 1 x AstraZeneca booster-jab.

1). Check your eligibility using this link - https://buff.ly/3i5G5i4 - or the below QR code.

2). Vaccination locations...

- International College of Tourism / Rajabhat University, from 27th September to 7th October

- Koh Samui Hospital, from 30th September to 7th October

- Bangkok Hospital Samui, from 4th to 7th October

3). You must bring your ID card and evidence showing that you have received 2 vaccinations on Samui. You can get a digital vaccine certificate in the Mor Phrom app.

242909248_4512647982128574_5370946507559403253_n.jpg.6811611be21676bb054afdc9eeab6198.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

The government hospital at Nathon.

To save time, make an appointment and give them the details from your first dose.

Thanks. We called yesterday and their instructions were to first go to any hospital in the area and register. No information where or when or whether any AZ is or may be available

• Like 1