Coronavirus vaccinations on the islands

8 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

Thanks. We called yesterday and their instructions were to first go to any hospital in the area and register. No information where or when or whether any AZ is or may be available

When you got your first AZ-dose, you should have been given a date for the second dose together with an ID-number; didn't you get that?

12 hours ago, khunPer said:

When you got your first AZ-dose, you should have been given a date for the second dose together with an ID-number; didn't you get that?

I live in Chiang Mai.  Sure I got a date...for October...then the hospital moved up the date to September without giving notice...I came to vacation in Samui in mid September, intending to return for my 2nd shot in CM which I missed and the hospital refuses to re-schedule for me....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

I live in Chiang Mai.  Sure I got a date...for October...then the hospital moved up the date to September without giving notice...I came to vacation in Samui in mid September, intending to return for my 2nd shot in CM which I missed and the hospital refuses to re-schedule for me....

I do not know if the rules have changed but the original vaccinations were only available to foreigners that were registered as living on Koh Samui.

The first stage was a check of the visa in the passport against the immigration database.

This was to stop people coming here just to jump the vaccination queues. (Many tried.)

You may have to go back to where you are registered for your second jab.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

To my knowledge, you need to be registered as resident on Samui to be eligible for vaccination on the island.

If you live in Chiang Mai, you are eligible for your vaccination up there, but you probably need to follow the province's regulations.

• Like 1

Khaosod English...

Residents on Koh Samui queue up to get vaccinated against Covid-19 on Tuesday as the island gears up for the tourism reopening on Nov. 1. Officials say the vaccination center is open to everyone regardless of nationality, whether they are Thais, expats, or migrant workers from neighboring countries.

20211029_Khaosod.jpg.647f00e4d8d6d94ee240f84330907feb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Koh Phangan: Second Pfizer vaccination for children aged 12-17 years old of all nationalities will take place place on 25th November from 8 am to 10 pm at Koh Phangan Hospital.

For more information, call 082 8182025.

Source: Koh Phangan Hospital and Samui Info by Nicha

255969896_432973935027582_2540719352601415153_n.jpg.8f62c0420dc96243d273c928656573c6.jpg

248072212_432973955027580_3812277010484056675_n.jpg.d0dde11aeafdde420c14e4807fb4941c.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TatianaS said:

Hi! Where can I get a vaccine Pfizer or Moderna on Koh Samui?
expatvac.consular.go.th sent me a refusal ????

Moderna is only available from private hospitals, you might need to reserve it in advance.

To my knowledge Pfizer is at the moment only given to children under 18, and only on specified dates (re. previous postings).

• Like 1

Samui 13th to 15th December, Pfizer vaccination at Central Festival in Chaweng
Application from 1st to 9th December
Limited to 1,200 unvaccinated residents above 12 years old
Documents for a registration: 
ID or passport 
House book or proof of work on Samui

(Source: kosamuilife.com)

262244906_436553991336243_7032867140671756696_n.jpg.f1570713b6e066c8d28347454203d449.jpg

• Like 2

We received registration to the primary vaccination of Pfizer on December 13-15 in Center Festival.
Registration is done in local health centers that are in each area of Koh Samui.
I recommend to everyone who has no vaccine, do the same. ????

Edited by TatianaS
uncorrect
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

From KoSamuiLife.com...

????A Booster shot 'Pfizer' for those who were vaccinated in Samui will be available for walk-in from 25 December.
????️Dates (Walk-in) :
????Got the dose in Sep >> 25-26 December 2021
????Got the 2nd dose in Sep - Oct >> 25-26 December 2021
????Location:
Ko Samui Hospital from 08:00 - 16:00
Central Festival Samui : 09:00 - 16: 00
✍????What to bring with you:
???? ID/ Passport
???? Pen
???? Proof of vaccination (I'd recommend using Moprom application as a proof)
Source: Ko Samui Hospital as of 18 Dec 2021

267438446_447146803610295_7952479517669853068_n.thumb.jpg.4102635d647e2c306d20f70064848211.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, khunPer said:

have anyone had success registering with this app..?

Yeah, did it ages ago...in fact so long ago I can't even remember where the link came from. But pretty sure it just needed that six digit (tax/vaccination) number to get it working

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

Yeah, did it ages ago...in fact so long ago I can't even remember where the link came from. But pretty sure it just needed that six digit (tax/vaccination) number to get it working

Thanks. I used both my Thai ID-number - which was the number on on my vaccination agreement, and it's normally, or often, the same as tax-ID - but it's not working for me; nor my passport number, where it the app insists on a 13-digit number...????

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

Thanks. I used both my Thai ID-number - which was the number on on my vaccination agreement, and it's normally, or often, the same as tax-ID - but it's not working for me; nor my passport number, where it the app insists on a 13-digit number...????

One of my staff loaded the app onto my 'overseas' phone and they used my 13 digit social security number. (I used this at vaccination time.)

That same number appears on the certificate on the app as well a the paper certificate from Nathon hospital but it does not appear on the yellow International vaccine passport(?)

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, khunPer said:

where it the app insists on a 13-digit number...

It's all coming back to me now, the number it wants/needs is the 13 digit number you were given on the yellow paper at your time of vaccination...on the original form it was labelled as Tax Number

• Like 2

On 12/18/2021 at 9:19 PM, khunPer said:

From KoSamuiLife.com...

????A Booster shot 'Pfizer' for those who were vaccinated in Samui will be available for walk-in from 25 December.
????️Dates (Walk-in) :
????Got the dose in Sep >> 25-26 December 2021
????Got the 2nd dose in Sep - Oct >> 25-26 December 2021
????Location:
Ko Samui Hospital from 08:00 - 16:00
Central Festival Samui : 09:00 - 16: 00
✍????What to bring with you:
???? ID/ Passport
???? Pen
???? Proof of vaccination (I'd recommend using Moprom application as a proof)
Source: Ko Samui Hospital as of 18 Dec 2021

267438446_447146803610295_7952479517669853068_n.thumb.jpg.4102635d647e2c306d20f70064848211.jpg

Got my 3rd jab at Central this morning.

Basically no queue at all, in and out within 15 minutes.

edit: bring a copy of your first passport page or keep a 10 baht coin handy for a copy made there.

Edited by lom
addition
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, lom said:

Got my 3rd jab at Central this morning.

Basically no queue at all, in and out within 15 minutes.

edit: bring a copy of your first passport page or keep a 10 baht coin handy for a copy made there.

Seconded. Easy and well organised again, although they didn't ask me for a copy of my passport.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lom said:

Yes - I was delayed for about 15 minutes waiting in a queue for a photocopy. The slowest copier on the island. After that - very quick.

Well done to the organisers.

(Friends who went did not need a copy of their passports and did not even have to show them!)

• Like 1

I went this morning 26th for my Pfizer booster. . Got there around 8:10 and was jabbed and out by 8:30.

They did the passport copy for 10 baht and asked to see my vaccination certificate (Mor Prom app). I think to check I was valid to receive Pfizer booster.

I forgot to ask them, does anyone know if the Mor Prom app e- certificate will be updated automatically to show booster?

I presume will have to go back to Nathon Hospital to have yellow passport updated sometime in the near future.

Any after effects? Chills? Fever etc?

Only had mine a few hours ago and waiting for it to kick in.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

I went this morning 26th for my Pfizer booster. . Got there around 8:10 and was jabbed and out by 8:30.

They did the passport copy for 10 baht and asked to see my vaccination certificate (Mor Prom app). I think to check I was valid to receive Pfizer booster.

I forgot to ask them, does anyone know if the Mor Prom app e- certificate will be updated automatically to show booster?

I presume will have to go back to Nathon Hospital to have yellow passport updated sometime in the near future.

Any after effects? Chills? Fever etc?

Only had mine a few hours ago and waiting for it to kick in.

Yes, it should be - i.e. Mor Prom updated - and I was told that if you didn't bring a yellow WHO vaccination passport, you should go to Nathon Hospital and either have it updated, or request one (costs 50 baht). In case you don't have one, you need yo bring a copy of your passport and show registration in Mor Prom app, they can however find it in the system based on your passport. The office is in the ground floor of a new two-storey building, the Medical Cannabis Clinic, way back by the river...????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Yes, it should be - i.e. Mor Prom updated - and I was told that if you didn't bring a yellow WHO vaccination passport, you should go to Nathon Hospital and either have it updated, or request one (costs 50 baht). In case you don't have one, you need yo bring a copy of your passport and show registration in Mor Prom app, they can however find it in the system based on your passport. The office is in the ground floor of a new two-storey building, the Medical Cannabis Clinic, way back by the river...????

I just looked and Mir Prom already updated. I might go back to Central this afternoon with my yellow book and see if they can update. Save a trip to Nathon.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, phetphet said:

I just looked and Mir Prom already updated. I might go back to Central this afternoon with my yellow book and see if they can update. Save a trip to Nathon.

Went back and asked. Was told that I must go to Nathon Hospital to get Yellow Passport updated.

• Like 2

Interesting to note that my Mor Prom app has been updated to show my booster jab as being manufactured by Comirnaty.

Having Googled it I see the Pfizer vax  was re-named Comirnaty as far back as last August. Who knew that???

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/comirnaty-and-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/12740/pil

Edited by Tmoney
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

Interesting to note that my Mor Prom app has been updated to show my booster jab as being manufactured by Comirnaty.

Having Googled it I see the Pfizer vax  was re-named Comirnaty as far back as last August. Who knew that???

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19/comirnaty-and-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/12740/pil

Most of the Covid vaccines have independent names, but in common language we know them by the manufacturer's name...

• Comirnaty comes from Pfizer-BioNTech
  • CoronaVac comes from Sinovac
  • Covishield comes from AstraZeneca

While...

• Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine comes fromJohnson & Johnson 
  • Moderna COVID-19 vaccine comes from Moderna
  • Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine comes from Sinopharm

And some no used in Thailand...

• Covaxin (BBV152) comes from Bharat Biotech (India)
  • Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine comes from Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology (Russia)
  • ZyCoV-D comes from Cadila Healthcare (India)
  • Like 1