Coronavirus vaccinations on the islands

7 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Is it possible to visit Samui, rent a house for a month and make a walk-in registration for a jab? 
I don't have a Work Permit.

When I and my neighbours applied to register for the vaccine, we were only accepted after immigration had checked our visas and confirmed that we were residents here.

When we went for the vaccine, the first stage was passport and visa confirmation.

For some more recent expats (down from Bangkok) staying here for multiple months, I have been able to provide them with TM 30 reporting details and a lease for the property where they are staying. They believe that they can apply for the vaccine after their visa extension and/or 90 day report as they will then be registered as residents.

• Like 2

For French expats and long-time-stayers only...

On Thursday, the French Ambassador to Thailand, Thierry Mathou, announced that French nationals aged over 18 will soon be able to register for a free COVID-19 vaccination courtesy of the French Embassy in Bangkok.

[ ... ]

The French Embassy had reached an agreement with the Bangkok Hospital group to set up vaccination centres for its citizens in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Ko Samui, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, and Udon Thani.

Full article...

• 2 weeks later...

If you didn't managed to sign up for Covid-vaccination, then here is a new chance for all foreigners...

226178733_4482816301741749_5167706465925390379_n.png.5d0da65c33645b81fbfdad05094573cd.png

PR Thai Government says...

Registration for the FIRST dose of the COVID-19 vaccination for all foreign residents starting on 1 August 2021 at 11.00 am.

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

A new platform for COVID-19 vaccination registration for foreign residents of all age groups in all provinces in Thailand will be available on 1 August 2021 at 11.00 am onwards. Foreign nationals aged 60 - 74 who have already registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ website will have their records moved to this new vaccination site soon.

Free testing on the port of Thong Sala today for foreigners and Thais living in specific areas of KP due to a pair of idiots probably spreading the virus around in the areas specified on the Koh Phangan Hospital facebook page.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tmoney said:

I think I'm missing something here, how can you get 126% and 128% of target?

Even 98% seems optimistic to me.

The only thing I can think of. For the 126%. Perhaps they were aiming to vaccinate say 1000 people, but managed to do 1260.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tmoney said:

I think I'm missing something here, how can you get 126% and 128% of target?

Even 98% seems optimistic to me.

Target was 70 percent of the calculated number of known population on the island, but more people wished to be vaccinated, so from 88.2 percent to 89.6 percent got vaccinated instead of the 70 percent target...????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

but more people wished to be vaccinated

Also not forgetting all the people who turned up from Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat hoping, and in many cases getting vaccinated here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Also not forgetting all the people who turned up from Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat hoping, and in many cases getting vaccinated here

That was on Samui, and Samui is not only 98 percent target, the two islands that have exceeded target are Phangan and Tao...????

17 hours ago, khunPer said:

That was on Samui, and Samui is not only 98 percent target, the two islands that have exceeded target are Phangan and Tao...????

I was referring to your 70%

instead of the 70 percent target

• Confused 1

Did anybody who had their first AZ jab in June had their second jab changed to an earlier date? Apparently a few of the Thai people got notifications to go to an earlier appointment. Quite possible as the recommended time range for second AZ shot is 6 - 12 weeks. Just wondering if they started notification of Farangs as well.

2 hours ago, huberthammer said:

Did anybody who had their first AZ jab in June had their second jab changed to an earlier date? Apparently a few of the Thai people got notifications to go to an earlier appointment. Quite possible as the recommended time range for second AZ shot is 6 - 12 weeks. Just wondering if they started notification of Farangs as well.

My second appointment is still confirmed as 19/9 10.00 according to the Appointment card that I got from Nathon hospital.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen a number of postings on Facebook concerning the next AZ-jab, which many of us aliens are due between the 19th September - i.e. this coming Sunday - and I believe till the 22nd September.

Some talks about rescheduling the dates, others mentioned that there will be no vaccination in the University, i.e. International School of Tourism, as last time, as the place of the next vaccination is moved to Samui Hospital in Nathon (the government hospital).

Have anyone received re-confirmation for their second jab?

If I see something more firm, I'll share it here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

I've seen a number of postings on Facebook concerning the next AZ-jab, which many of us aliens are due between the 19th September - i.e. this coming Sunday - and I believe till the 22nd September.

Some talks about rescheduling the dates, others mentioned that there will be no vaccination in the University, i.e. International School of Tourism, as last time, as the place of the next vaccination is moved to Samui Hospital in Nathon (the government hospital).

Have anyone received re-confirmation for their second jab?

If I see something more firm, I'll share it here.

I have a letter from Samui Hospital confirming the appointment for the second vaccine jab on the 19th but it does not say where.

Just  checked with the hospital and they will confirm the place tomorrow 15th September in the afternoon. It will be announced on their Fakebook page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1