Thailand’s third COVID-19 wave has already peaked: CCSA

webfact

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) and Dr. Taweesin are not reliable sources of information. I think he is the same panic monger who predicted 28,000 cases a day by this week. They are throwing darts at the wall. 

Let us hope we have peaked here. Nothing would make me happier. 

Maybe some of the "lockdowns" are helping. Oh, can I get arrested for using that forbidden word? 

Thailand. LOSM  Land of Smoke and Mirrors.  Well the government,  certainly is.  The deaths and sickness from COVID is peaked

and supposedly is going down.  That is until it does not, and spikes again. As other posters have said, if the Thai people are

not tested, at least when they die, the COVID numbers stay artificially low.    Face saving in this country is way too late, and maybe the

new concept of honesty should be tried.   Wouldn't that be a new novel thing to see.

Geezer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Thailand. LOSM  Land of Smoke and Mirrors.  Well the government,  certainly is.  The deaths and sickness from COVID is peaked

and supposedly is going down.  That is until it does not, and spikes again. As other posters have said, if the Thai people are

not tested, at least when they die, the COVID numbers stay artificially low.    Face saving in this country is way too late, and maybe the

new concept of honesty should be tried.   Wouldn't that be a new novel thing to see.

Geezer

You are implying that the data provided by the government is wrong. That is a fairly serious accusation.

Before someone posts that their taxi driver told them about a guy who died of Covid but was cremated before he could be tested, a couple of missed deaths don’t matter statistically. Every country misses some deaths. The question is whether government is grossly inaccurate.

Right now, the government numbers are consistent with what we are seeing in hospitals: beds are nearly fully occupied, but hospitals are not overwhelmed. Last week, some hospitals shipped patients to maintain some reserve in case the number of infections continued to climb.

But, there is no evidence that the government data is grossly understated. 

The provincial reports and the national reports are consistent. Chonburi, for example, is reporting about 100 new infections per day. That is consistent with what the hospitals report, and nobody is saying that there are funerals around the clock. The hospitals are not filled beyond capacity, there aren’t stretchers in the corridors.

• Like 1

" ... This brings the country's total number of confirmed infections to 65,153 since the pandemic began last year. ... "

Thailand is lucky.  In the U.S., we've averaged about 65,000 cases per day for the last 6 months.  But we're getting down to 50,000 cases per day this last week.

Well danderman123, do you have relatives in Thailand?  I do, many in Bangkok, and some up country.

There is not one relative there that believes the official numbers.  In the beginning, the numbers went up quickly to the 30s

then stopped for a bit.  Do you know why, or how that was possible?   Well try thinking about what kind of power the government

has had or still has over the hospitals and their staff.  Money runs the country,  and hospital staff do as they are told.  When they are

told to stay quiet, or that it is not their business. They stay quiet out of fear of losing their jobs.  That is how my relative is, and she

works in a hospital.  I believe her way before I would believe a single government or parliament official.  Just so you know how I stay

informed.

Geezer

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...