Thailand’s third COVID-19 wave has already peaked: CCSA

webfact

32 minutes ago, the green light said:

what do you expect from a dictatorship government.

just like china. their reported cases are less than Ireland.

It was meant to be sarcastic, e.g. the low numbers could be due to the humidity, or the smoke.

32 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Possibly but most of the Chinese diaspora can trace their origins back to the southern China area near Guangzhou so I'm not sure that would be a factor.

As do the Thai people. About 1,000 years ago, the Chinese and ancestors of the Thai fought it out for control of Guangdong, and the losing Thai emigrated, leaving behind a scattering in provinces throughout southern China.

I am speculating here, but it's possible that any immunity or mitigation of the illness provided by inheritance could come via the people who lived in Southeastern Asia prior to the arrival of the Thai, Vietnamese or Malayans, ie maybe the Mon people, who are now scattered in SE Asia after being displaced by the newer arrivals.  Or not.

One fact to watch: Covid-19 is very rare in Tibet. This could be due to inheritance, as well.

I am sure this will be a topic of research for many years.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, James Powell said:

The secret is no secret: the Thai are very cautious but also obedient.  They follow the rules and fixed it on the cheap.  It doesn't take big money, just masks and isolation...hardly rocket science yet Europeans, USA et. al. are baffled and  rebellious.

I completely agree with you here.  

The reports from Bangkok are the streets are dead.  This is how you squash the virus in it's tracks.  They are freaked out about the virus.  There are good and bad in all our societies.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Joinaman said:

Does this include the folks on here too ??

Just asking >

Just be sure to not lob everyone into the same bucket as those who forgot their medication frequently do.  

Many have a healthy respect of the virus and restrictions.  Where our variants are running rampant right now, we have athletes in their 30's in ICU, and people from 30-50 are dying in record numbers.  The long term health effects of the virus is one thing that people don't talk about at all.  It's debilitating and in some cases can last for over a year.  Many thanks to 90 percent of people who take this seriously.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

As do the Thai people. About 1,000 years ago, the Chinese and ancestors of the Thai fought it out for control of Guangdong, and the losing Thai emigrated, leaving behind a scattering in provinces throughout southern China.

I am speculating here, but it's possible that any immunity or mitigation of the illness provided by inheritance could come via the people who lived in Southeastern Asia prior to the arrival of the Thai, Vietnamese or Malayans, ie maybe the Mon people, who are now scattered in SE Asia after being displaced by the newer arrivals.  Or not.

One fact to watch: Covid-19 is very rare in Tibet. This could be due to inheritance, as well.

I am sure this will be a topic of research for many years.

When you look at the covid stats for Asia, almost all the countries with the lowest number of deaths are connected by a land border (Taiwan's people originate from China, Timor-Leste has a tiny population).

Can it really be a coincidence that all the least-affected countries are located in one geographical area? Countries sorted by deaths per 1 million population:

Capture.JPG.c087b964f603f85bed679ab1fc141b7f.JPG

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Suua said:

I'm sure you're thinking of the theory, which in a 1st world country, might just work.

Last week my wife's life long friend died in his late 30s, in a farming community in the North/Central region.

Sadly he was renowned for being a 'lao khao' lover, so the 'Pu Yai' didn't even call the police.

Burned a few days later.....never reported.

I'm not making this up.

But it is pretty sure the information about the death was transmitted up the food chain to the district.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nkg said:

When you look at the covid stats for Asia, almost all the countries with the lowest number of deaths are connected by a land border (Taiwan's people originate from China, Timor-Leste has a tiny population).

Can it really be a coincidence that all the least-affected countries are located in one geographical area? Countries sorted by deaths per 1 million population:

Capture.JPG.c087b964f603f85bed679ab1fc141b7f.JPG

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

According to many here, all these countries have banded together in order to provide fake covid numbers.

The truth only lies in Washington and Brussels...everyone knows that...

• Haha 2

Concerning the ability of the virus to survive after a brief lockdown:

There was a ship that left Argentina for 2 months. At the end of 2 months, most of the crew developed Covid-19. Everyone had been tested at the start, so it was a big mystery how the virus could attack after 2 months at sea.

They did find that one of the crew was exposed to Covid prior to disembarcation, on the flight to the port. That crew member was tested so early that the test didn't pick up the virus. And then they were asymptomatic. And that crew member infected someone else who was also asymptomatic, and then another, until the virus eventually hit someone who developed symptoms, and then everyone was visibly ill.

So, it's possible to have asymptomatic infection chains between waves.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Field hospitals with 25,000 cardboard beds. Areas/provinces being graded deep red really doesn't sound like they have it under control!

Look at European countries that attempted to rush opening up boarders and relaxing rules on every occasion it came back to bite them.

It would be nice if the Great Czar  top dog know it all supreme leader waved his finger and ordered it to go but I don't think it would work.

Respect it but don't let it rule your life, use the masks, sanitizer and maintaining social distancing is the only way to move forward albeit cautiously. 

Klong Toey is the next big cluster I fear, and even with people not moving about very much in Bangkok, the side sois around that Area are very close together and thousands live in the housing within the cluster Area.  Stay safe folks.  I am seeing on the news tonight that there are many in the Television/Film/Show community that are positive for Covid.  Having just lost the Comedian Kom to Covid, died this morning and this afternoon he was cremated, and now seeing another comedian "Ball" has Covid, along with a popular night time Televison show host, one has to wonder if they are testing at all production facilities and film locations. Seems like they are cremating those that die pretty quickly unlike the 3, 5, or 7 day parties.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

But it is pretty sure the information about the death was transmitted up the food chain to the district.

maybe so, but no autopsy and no testing ?

Just like in our village, maybe 5 people in the last couple of weeks, including Grandma. No police, no autopsies , just put in coolbox till burning time

Its been great here for the local <deleted> heads, free beer and food every day .