Recommendation for cast iron door and window grating

Sean Rock

Hi

Any recommendations for cast iron door and window grating. I need to get some put on the apartment due to dodgy characters in the neighborhood. 3 windows and 2 doors however I may want some protection on the balcony depending on price.

Thalang area.

Thanks.

Have you thought about how you are going to escape if there's a fire ?,

stuff can be replaced if stolen, but you have only one life,that's why I

don't have bars on the windows.

If you must, they are not made from cast iron, but steel,cast iron would

break too easy, 

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

I don't think you really mean cast iron do you ? If so I doubt if there is a foundry in Thailand producing that.  Surely you mean normal carbon steel that is always used here for window protection here ? Not sure where you live but just drive around your neighbourhood you are sure to find someone who makes them. Also are you in an apartment or condo? best to check first if you are allowed to install those as it impacts the exterior look.

9 hours ago, Excel said:

I don't think you really mean cast iron do you ? If so I doubt if there is a foundry in Thailand producing that.  Surely you mean normal carbon steel that is always used here for window protection here ? Not sure where you live but just drive around your neighbourhood you are sure to find someone who makes them. Also are you in an apartment or condo? best to check first if you are allowed to install those as it impacts the exterior look.

You are correct - I don't mean cast iron specificially, so carbon steel, or whatever window and door grates are usually made of. Yes they are allowed as all the other apartments have them. I'll have a look around, thanks.