As vaccination booking opens in Thailand, who can get jabs and how?

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

All 16 million vulnerable people will be the first in line when Thailand launches free nationwide vaccinations for residents next month. Meanwhile, appointments for jabs can be made in advance from today via the Mor Prom account on the Line mobile application.

Just let me know when & how a healthy foreigner slightly over 60 can apply.

4 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Sorry to hear you think violating the government's interprovincial travel restrictions is indicative of "manning Up"

The Missus follows the guidelines because she's willing to do all she can to bring about an end to this pandemic.

Sorry you don't feel that way.

EDIT:

Because  of  course  going physically  into an office with other  people is  in no way helping the spread of covid, what a  farce, comical rubbish, all could be done online.

1 hour ago, samtam said:

I'm curious about whether, having obtained a vax appointment, if one is 65 and the only available vax is Sinovac, whether it is worth bothering, (on the basis that Sinovac is not suitable for those over 60).

I don't think this situation will arise as the entire plan is based on the locally produced AZ vaccine. AFAIK they are not going to be using Sinovac for the public roll-out in June.

Sinivac has been approved for use in the elderly in many countries, though, inlcuding Malaysia, Philippines and China itself. Phase I/II trials on that have been published.  https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30987-7/fulltext

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Just let me know when & how a healthy foreigner slightly over 60 can apply.

If you have a pink Thai ID card you can register now using the Line app.

If you do not have a card, apply to register at your local government hospital or you can also try a private hospital - none in Bangkok yet registering people but one member reports being able to register at a private hospital in Nakon Sawan, no harm in asking.

• Like 1

My wife fortunatley after many attempts, bouts of impatience and anger managed to book my appointment on 24 June in a goverment hospital using my Thai pink ID Card.

She was asked which hospital I had previously used and selected one of these.

Thai pink ID Cards now serve an additional purpose good luck to all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I have the pink ID card and others have successfully used it. And once I got the spelling of my name in Thai exact it accepted that data OK and went on to subsequent sections.

I think either the system is just overloaded/not working OR the problem is that it can't find me registered in the hospital selected

If you are under 60, maybe this is why. 

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Is there an English version?

Not yet. Supposedly being developed but no release date mentioned.

Presumably the English version will allow registration without an ID number but it could be a while (as in months) before that comes out.

If you have pink ID card worth it to struggle through the Thai app with the help of a Thai speaker.

Most of it is menu driven, the only things you will have to type in Thai are your name and street/village address. My phone has no Thai keyboard but I was able to cut and paste from online Thai keyboard   https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/thai.htm

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Congrats. Did it say which vaccine? 

My understanding s the June roll out for over 60's & chronic disease is all AZ.  But I will double check come June. Obviously the whole thing is dependent on the hospitals receiving the vaccine.

For that matter if a private hospital has it any earlier I'll go there and cancel at the govt hospital. I am under time pressure as flying out in early July. With minimum 4 weeks between AZ doses not sure I can get both before I leave and may have to alter flight but don't want to do that until I have a sure second vaccine date.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not yet. Supposedly being developed but no release date mentioned.

Presumably the English version will allow registration without an ID number but it could be a while (as in months) before that comes out.

If you have pink ID card worth it to struggle through the Thai app with the help of a Thai speaker.

Most of it is menu driven, the only things you will have to type in Thai are your name and street/village address. My phone has no Thai keyboard but I was able to cut and paste from online Thai keyboard   https://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/thai.htm

No, I don't have pink ID card. I read somewhere that this is only available for 60 years age and above, is that true?

Just now, EricTh said:

No, I don't have pink ID card. I read somewhere that this is only available for 60 years age and above, is that true?

60 or above OR having chronic disease like diabetes, cardiovascular disease etc.

Under 60s will come later, not in June

1 hour ago, vibration said:

My wife fortunatley after many attempts, bouts of impatience and anger managed to book my appointment on 24 June in a goverment hospital using my Thai pink ID Card.

She was asked which hospital I had previously used and selected one of these.

Thai pink ID Cards now serve an additional purpose good luck to all.

Tried everything.

Mine doesn't work.

BAD93FEA-D1A6-499E-BA93-96C5CA6EB407_4_5005_c.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

60 or above OR having chronic disease like diabetes, cardiovascular disease etc.

Under 60s will come later, not in June

I just read Bangkok post article which I'm not allowed to link.

First phase (March -May): health workers and frontline workers (Sinovac and Astrazeneca)

Second phase (June - July): 60 years and above (Astrazeneca only)

Third phase (Aug - Dec): 18-59 years. (Sinovac and Astrazeneca)

I am below 60 years old so I have to wait until third phase.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand launches free nationwide vaccinations for residents next month.

Personally, I would not accept any Chinese manufactured vaccine - who knows what "attitude adjustment components" it may covertly contain!!!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

Today the Thai wife and I (I'm a farang) tried the LINE app again to see if we could get registered. 

When we tried yesterday the Thai wife using her Thai ID card was unable to complete/aborted the registration process because it had her hard coded as living Nakhon Pathom province and not were she/we actually live, own a home, and as registered in the blue book.    But when the wife tried today the registration was successful, did not have her hard-coded to Nakhon Pathom and she was able to select Bangkok as her province and also the correct district and subdistrict.   

Her registration went fine today.  But she did not attempt scheduling a jab because she is somewhat scared of the vaccine and don't want to schedule herself until I can also get scheduled.  There is suppose to be an area in the app were someone is registered can schedule an appt for someone else but she/we didn't see that option anywhere---and I expect that option might not appear until the registered person has scheduled themselves....and that option may also required an ID number that is recognized in the app's database.

So, with the wife being successful in getting registered we now tried again on my phone using my Pink ID card I was met with failure again...just as yesterday after numerous tries..  Easy first page to register as it's the same as with  someone with a Thai ID registering.  Just enter you first and last name, ID card numbers from the front and back of your card, and birthdate.  Then press continue....if you get past that page you are now offered a few more pages to fill out like selecting the province you live it....easy stuff.  

But I could never get past the first page....it  spends 5 or so seconds talking to the app server-in-the-sky (i.e., checking my info entered) and then a pop-up message asks me to recheck my info....try again....back to the first page to check the info you enter.  I even tried entering my name in Thai vs English just as on the Pink ID card as some said that then allowed them to complete registration with a Pink ID card, but no joy for me.....I still couldn't get past the first page as my info was not being found in the app's database.   The wife and I tried entering the info multiple times with her entering the text in Thai...or me when entering in English....just no joy after a half dozen or so tries.  

Basically it appears I'm not in the list of 16 million names which suppose to comprise this registration phase.   Since this info was suppose to be built for data submitted from govt hospitals and since my passport number has always been used for medical services at private and govt hospitals, I expect my Pink ID card number does not in the 16 million list.  While one govt hospital has both my passport and Pink ID card loaded, I expect my passport number is being used as the primary number.  And at the private hospital I use they use my passport number.

The wife and I plan to registered manually by visiting some sign-up location in the near future....the wife is hard over we both get registered as the same time and get scheduled at the same time.....and she is not really comfortable at all with the app....still prefers the face-to-face scheduling process.  

Edited by Pib

Pib I had some problem at first. It definitely will not accept entry in English, you must enter the name in Thai and exactly as spelled on the pink card, down to every tone marker and whatever that end of the word silent consonant symbol is called  etc.

in my case I had to enter both first and middle name in the first name field because both appear on the pink card

Do not include title though

Once I got the entry exactly right it accepted it. Was a bit oi  a challenge to figure out some consonants as the print on the pink cards is small and there are some that look almost the same.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Lucky for you. That's your village. That hardly reflects the situation for all expats in Thailand. 

They are trying to get rid of the city folk. Us salt of the earth in the country are important.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

Pib I had some problem at first. It definitely will not accept entry in English, you must enter the name in Thai and exactly as spelled on the pink card, down to every tone marker and whatever that end of the word silent consonant symbol is called  etc.

in my case I had to enter both first and middle name in the first name field because both appear on the pink card

Do not include title though

Once I got the entry exactly right it accepted it. Was a bit oi  a challenge to figure out some consonants as the print on the pink cards is small and there are some that look almost the same.

Yeap....tried that as I posted earlier.

Entered name exactly as on Pink ID card in Thai (also tried English).  Tried with first and middle name in the first name block....tried with the first name only  in the first name block.   And of course entry of the last name in the last name block.  Thai wife entering the Thai text while I double check....and she double-triple checks what she entered.  Tried same in English.  No joy whether in Thai or English.   Title not included.   It's simply not accepting my card.

I am stuck here.. 

I installed Maw Phrom from Line according to video 1. Video 1 (English) and 2 (Thai) are instructions how to register for a vaccine  Problem, the app I have is not quite the same as the one in the videos.  My ap is missing a button for vaccine registration.

Question, what does your app look like? How did you install it from line?

Image left: ap from videos, right: my ap.

Note: I tried to register anyway but was rejected, possibly for registering the wrong thing.

image.png.b9e12a6276853c38f746a8a46aba3497.png

Video11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPEM-xIC75w

Video-2 https://www.facebook.com/ThaigovSpokesman/videos/896896697521848/?redirect=false

Edited by rabas

The Bangkok Post is saying if you can't register on the app then you should be able to do it another way later like at your local hospital. I do believe the jab will be free for everyone just because it's necessary for public health reasons, especially when you consider all the poorly paid migrant workers. But with xenophobic clowns like Anutin in charge, we can't be sure of that.

Edited by edwardandtubs

41 minutes ago, rabas said:

I am stuck here.. 

I installed Maw Phrom from Line according to video 1. Video 1 (English) and 2 (Thai) are instructions how to register for a vaccine  Problem, the app I have is not quite the same as the one in the videos.  My ap is missing a button for vaccine registration.

Question, what does your app look like? How did you install it from line?

Image left: ap from videos, right: my ap.

Note: I tried to register anyway but was rejected, possibly for registering the wrong thing.

image.png.b9e12a6276853c38f746a8a46aba3497.png

Video11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPEM-xIC75w

Video-2 https://www.facebook.com/ThaigovSpokesman/videos/896896697521848/?redirect=false

Try deleting all the posts currently in the chat....you end up will nothing left on the chat screen.  Then, press the little button at the very bottom of the screen which should give you what you want as it recreates the chat menus.  That's how I did it when I was having the same problem as you described.

Edited by Pib