As vaccination booking opens in Thailand, who can get jabs and how?

webfact

3 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

The Missus informed me she can only register for the vaccination in her village  and at present she isn't' allowed to travel there other than for a bonafide emergency.

Stuck between a rock and a very hard place.

I'm hoping private hospitals will soon have the vaccine available for them to purchase.

Call and register 

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Is there an English version of that app for foreigners? Does anyone have a link to that app?

No English version yet.

I can't even locate the Thai version, how are all of you locating it? Search for MorProm on Line turns up nothing

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Scan QR code below with line app

180468827_215911613264248_931916360156952647_n.jpg

Got it, thanks. 

One has to enter name etc in Thai script and exactly as on the pink ID card

I get up to the very end then after pressing enter get the swirling MoPH logo and then nothing.

I guess I just keep trying?

Or are they checking that I am registered with the hospital I listed? (I am not so if this is a requirement, may be an issue..)

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

I get up to the very end then after pressing enter get the swirling MoPH logo and then nothing.

If you don't have a Thai ID, that could be the reason? The app requires access to your personal info.

Just now, Fromas said:

If you don't have a Thai ID, that could be the reason? The app requires access to your personal info.

I have the pink ID card and others have successfully used it. And once I got the spelling of my name in Thai exact it accepted that data OK and went on to subsequent sections.

I think either the system is just overloaded/not working OR the problem is that it can't find me registered in the hospital selected

Got it, thanks. 

One has to enter name etc in Thai script and exactly as on the pink ID card

I guess I just keep trying?

Yes, its extremely overloaded, it took me 6-8 attempts.

Leave it 15 minutes then try again.

Yes, name in Thai from pink card, also they want card number which is on the back of the card.

When you finally get to choosing a date from the calendar, all of may and first week of June wont work, pick 7th or 8th of June onwards

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, its extremely overloaded, it took me 6-8 attempts.

Leave it 15 minutes then try again.

Yes, name in Thai from pink card, also they want card number which is on the back of the card.

When you finally get to choosing a date from the calendar, all of may and first week of June wont work, pick 7th or 8th of June onwards

I did not get any section asking me to pick an appointment date so maybe not to the last page of the screen after all. I get the page where you enter your address and select a hospital. Then when submit it swirls around then stops.

And then eventually get the Session time out

1 hour ago, Changoverandout said:

I’m 70 and called my local private hospital to arrange for vaccination. June 7th 10am.

Didn’t bother with the Line app.

Do you have a Thai ID number or just a passport ID? You did thid all over the phone I assume. Does that hospital already have in their system? Perhaps you are willing to mention the specific hospital. That may help others in your area.

• Like 1

I did not get any section asking me to pick an appointment date so maybe not to the last page of the screen after all. I get the page where you enter your address and select a hospital. Then when submit it swirls around then stops.

Its an exercise in patience, but it does eventually work. Each step can look like its stopped, but wait or resubmit the information an it works eventually.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Have been tryin to register with the Mor Prom app since 10am (now 1045) without much luck.

It gets so far then times out, I presume its overloaded.

It appears to accept ID number from pink ID but fails a couple of pages later. wife is doing the same with blue Thai ID and the same failure.

How did you get the MOR PROM app?

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Do you have a Thai ID number or just a passport ID? You did thid all over the phone I assume. Does that hospital already have in their system? Perhaps you are willing to mention the specific hospital. That may help others in your area.

Srisawan hospital Nakhon Sawan.

I gave my hospital number as they have my details, I had colorectal cancer op there 4 years ago.

I haven’t got an ID number and didn’t give my passport number but I’m registered at the hospital.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

Srisawan hospital Nakhon Sawan.

I gave my hospital number as they have my details, I had colorectal cancer op there 4 years ago.

I haven’t got an ID number and didn’t give my passport number but I’m registered at the hospital.

Well its great that you were able to get  a vaccine booking that way. But people should understand that won't work at every hospital, at least not yet.

Inching along here with the %$^*& app

Got up to the appointment page. Shows available slots from the 7th but after selecting doesn't go thorugh

One saving grace is each time it times out and I have to log back in it has saved at least my name, ID etc so don't start totally from scratch

30 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its an exercise in patience, but it does eventually work. Each step can look like its stopped, but wait or resubmit the information an it works eventually.

And it did finally. Took all told about 2 hours.

But I'm booked  ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Who created the webpage to register?

Hope not the same ones who did the 90days online registration site.

Same people who created the DLT app which has an option for passport nos which is disabled

So my local village have taken details of Thai-only for vaccine registration, so no Myanmar, Laos or me have registered at the local clinic. This was 2 weeks ago. The village is 70 migrant.

I don't have a pink ID and am only registered at the local district hospital so what I read here is the APP wont help me.

I will have the wife ask the poo yai but I fear 'Thai Only' came from him (misunderstanding?) or word from his superiors in the Provincial office, but he was quite clear. The local amphur are more than useless, we have given up getting a copy of the wifes birth certificate for pension purposes as they have been very obstructive so they too may be of no help.

As a member of the Elite triple whammy category (age 66 with all the main 3 pre-conditions) I in theory should qualify to get it soon.

I am now at a loss as to what I should do and fear I will be way down the queue. I have shown interest with Bumrungrad for the private option but I fear that may now never happen unless the government changes its stance (again).

I am a patient person but I feel I should be doing something, but not a clue what.

6 minutes ago, Saltire said:

So my local village have taken details of Thai-only for vaccine registration, so no Myanmar, Laos or me have registered at the local clinic. This was 2 weeks ago. The village is 70 migrant.

I don't have a pink ID and am only registered at the local district hospital so what I read here is the APP wont help me.

I will have the wife ask the poo yai but I fear 'Thai Only' came from him (misunderstanding?) or word from his superiors in the Provincial office, but he was quite clear. The local amphur are more than useless, we have given up getting a copy of the wifes birth certificate for pension purposes as they have been very obstructive so they too may be of no help.

As a member of the Elite triple whammy category (age 66 with all the main 3 pre-conditions) I in theory should qualify to get it soon.

I am now at a loss as to what I should do and fear I will be way down the queue. I have shown interest with Bumrungrad for the private option but I fear that may now never happen unless the government changes its stance (again).

I am a patient person but I feel I should be doing something, but not a clue what.

The app does require a pink ID.  (May be worth mentioning to any migrant workers you know who are registered).

For yourself, you could try in person at the local hospital.  I know the hospital where I am will start onsite registration Monday. 

If that fails you may have to wait for Foreigner version of the app or private hospitals.

33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well its great that you were able to get  a vaccine booking that way. But people should understand that won't work at every hospital, at least not yet.

Not to mention that booking an appointment is one thing, when the Westerner actually shows up in person, will they actually get the shot?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The app does require a pink ID.  (May be worth mentioning to any migrant workers you know who are registered).

For yourself, you could try in person at the local hospital.  I know the hospital where I am will start onsite registration Monday. 

If that fails you may have to wait for Foreigner version of the app or private hospitals.

Thanks, I will go to the local clinic on Monday where the Thai locals registered a few weeks ago and if I get turned away, will ask them to call the district hospital and enquire for me.

24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

And it did finally. Took all told about 2 hours.

But I'm booked  ????

I'm curious about whether, having obtained a vax appointment, if one is 65 and the only available vax is Sinovac, whether it is worth bothering, (on the basis that Sinovac is not suitable for those over 60).

6 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Not to mention that booking an appointment is one thing, when the Westerner actually shows up in person, will they actually get the shot?

Of course. 

I know in the US when people were desperate for jabs there was a thing of vaccine chasers. People hoping that other people didn't show up so they could score a jab on the sly. But you still need the second dose. 

Edited by Jingthing

10 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I am booked for the vaccination between 9-12 on 7th June as I stated before.

Just now, Changoverandout said:

I am booked for the vaccination between 9-12 on 7th June as I stated before.

Yes, you are booked. But will you get the shot when you actually get there? I hope you do. The more people who are vaccinated the sooner, the better for everyone. But I remember when I was told I was eligible for the BTS discount card when I turned 60 and supplied my WP, tax record, and Non-B visa history over several years. Over the phone I was told I qualified. When I got there in person, they said no foreigners allowed.