As vaccination booking opens in Thailand, who can get jabs and how?

webfact

Just now, EricTh said:

Has anyone checked whether the app reject people whose age is below 60?

There is a page where you have to indicate if you fall into any of the priority groups (one of which is age >60). Failure to check a box prevents you from going any further.

I don't know if it cross checks with the date of birth you entered on the first page or not.

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

There is a page where you have to indicate if you fall into any of the priority groups (one of which is age >60). Failure to check a box prevents you from going any further.

I don't know if it cross checks with the date of birth you entered on the first page or not.

What I am saying is that if the app doesn't check whether a person is 60 and above, there may be many younger people who wants to get the vaccine first; thus, depleting the limited supply of vaccines reserved for those aged 60 and above.

I don't think there is unlimited supply at this stage.

Edited by EricTh

10 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Has anyone checked whether the app reject people whose age is below 60?

My wife is below 60 and could log into the Maw Phrom system the first time. I am over 60 but can't get in because my ID number is not yet in the Maw Phrom system.

• Sad 1

Just now, orientalist said:

I just tried with the Mor Prompt app and my social security number but the response was "This card number has not been registered for service." It's been registered and in use for 20 frickin years, <deleted>!

PR 20 years, SSN 20 years, pink card since first issued... but no can do.

I feel like Billy Bob Thornton in The Man Who Wasn't There.

That's odd. I assume you are translating the Thai popup error message.

After entering all my information in the first screen, I'm told to please enter the correct information, no mention the ID. 

On 5/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, EricTh said:

I read another news article that said we can't choose the vaccine we want. Bummer!

So the Foreign Government of a country your not a citizen of is going to vaccinate you for free to protect you from a deadly virus but you don't get to choose which one YOU would prefer? Lol yeah bummer 

I guess beggars really can't be choosers

27 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What I am saying is that if the app doesn't check whether a person is 60 and above, there may be many younger people who wants to get the vaccine first; thus, depleting the limited supply of vaccines reserved for those aged 60 and above.

To register on the app you must enter your birthdate.....I would expect the app can easily do a little math to determine if you are 60 or over.   Now is the app using your birthdate to ensure you are at least 60 I couldn't say.....it could only be using the birthdate as another data element to verify who you really say you are.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Pib, which hospitals?

I say that because the private hospital I use here Bangkok had appts listed as of today....they had them starting 9 June....but when I had initially looked earlier at a "couple" of other dates I came up dry....I simply didn't look at enough dates OR the Doctors Ready app loaded a bunch more open appts between this morning and later in the day.

If you go into your currently scheduled appt on the Doctors Ready app and select edit/change the appt so you can pick another date/hospital you can then look thru the various hospitals, govt and private, in your area to see which ones have appts.  Many, many hospitals listed.  And of course if initially scheduling an appt you follow the same procedure.....just look at "numerous" dates for whatever hospital(s) you want.

4 hours ago, rabas said:

That's odd. I assume you are translating the Thai popup error message.

After entering all my information in the first screen, I'm told to please enter the correct information, no mention the ID. 

My mistake. I was entering my SSN in the Login field instead of Create New Account. When I tried to create a new account, the app then displayed my correct name and birth year but displayed a new field for "Laser ID on the back of ID." It said no need to fill it in, but then failed when I didn't. The SS card doesn't have a Laser ID. I tried the one from my pink card and also my passport number but neither worked. In any case my SS card predates the pink card, so they wouldn't have it on record. I think I will visit their office and ask what is going wrong. My experience wasn't the same as others who have tried successfully and were not asked for this laser ID.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EricTh said:

When I got my pinkcard 4 years ago, they said my yellowbook was not is some newer database, and they had to fix that first. The yellowbook dates back about 20 years.

I discovered something about filling in the Maw Phrom ap. When you push the green button, it first checks the Thai ID field, if that fails then you get a red box and your error that it's not a valid Thai ID. All other errors with give a simple message to provide the correct date, not red box, no explanation.

That means, if you get the general error, it has accepted the Thai ID, but something else is wrong. 

• Like 2

Another UPDATE for me:

After not being able to registered/schedule with my Pink ID card using the LINE app as the app does not have my ID loaded in their database, today the Thai wife and I went to your local govt health clinic/unit here in Bangkok to see if I could get scheduled for a jab. 

The Thai wife was successful in using the LINE app registering/scheduling herself for a jab, but when trying to schedule me as a relative (or her 85 year old Thai citizen Mom) the LINE rejects my Pink ID card number and dear ol' Mom's Thai ID card.  So, even the wife can't register me; and as mentioned I've been unsuccessful using my phone.

Anyway, back to our trip to our local govt health clinic/unit this morning to see if they could schedule me, one each farang, for a jab.   The unit was helpful but couldn't schedule me.   They do not manually schedule people at this time and recommend I use the online apps....the Thai wife then reexplained the LINE app rejects my Pink ID card number and nor can she schedule me as a relative from her LINE app acct.  

So, the health unit nurse then said let's try using the Mohpromt app from the Google Play store as she said its better.   Downloaded/installed it, but I could not register because to register it requires your 13 digit Thai ID number and your phone number to send an SMS to....but the app rejects my 13 Pink ID card number (not in its database).    Basically the same results as when using the LINE app.

Then several of the  nurses called several numbers and were told that some farangs have been able to register with the Pink ID card but other not.  And the numbers the nurses called said they were not taking  registration for farangs at this time; Thais first.   Bottom line the nurses/reps at my local govt health clinic/unit were unable to register/schedule me for a jab and they spent a good 20 minutes in phone calls trying to find out more info...and like I said trying the Morpromt app also.

I now feel better I have tried my local govt clinic/unit....and the LINE app....and the standalone Morpromt app....although trying to register/schedule a jab for myself resulted in failure at least I have tried.  

I have submitted a jab signup form thru my private hospital who started accepting such COVID jab signup forms yesterday, but that's just a request to be signed up....when/if it results in them actually scheduling me for a jab in the future is yet to be seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pib said:

So, the health unit nurse then said let's try using the Mohpromt app from the Google Play store as she said its better.   Downloaded/installed it, but I could not register because to register it requires your 13 digit Thai ID number and your phone number to send an SMS to....but the app rejects my 13 Pink ID card number (not in its database).    Basically the same results as when using the LINE

The Google play store ap is provided by Chonburi hospital and is a different system. It even rejects my Thai wife's ID, which is accepted by the Maw Prom LINE ap every time.