As vaccination booking opens in Thailand, who can get jabs and how?

webfact

Hello Alf Huy sorry this was meant to be a reply to your Post.

Very sorry to hear this I recommend keep trying my wife really struggled first with getting the address on the ID Card, also she had to put my first name first in Thai and then in English in Brackets and then do the same with my surname, she also used her mobile number and not mine (she owns both numbers as amazingly I cannot have a post paid with no work permit) however with perseverance she managed. Good luck.

Edited by vibration

Here's possibly a bit of information.  I registered on the Line app and tried to book an appointment with Pattaya International Hospital and when that did not work I tried Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.  With both, no available dates showed up and when I randomly chose dates they didn't work.  I then selected a public hospital and dates to choose came up.  I was able to select a date and time in June.  This leads me to think that the private hospitals may not be in the system yet even though they are listed on the app.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, name in Thai from pink card, also they want card number which is on the back of the card.

What is this Pink ID card? The only ID I have is passport, Thai drivers licence, Thai motorcycle license, and housing registration. There is a Thai ID number in the housing registration. But it's a booklet, not a card and so doesn't have any info on the 'other side' 

The vaccine rollout is beyond bizarre and worthy of a third world country, which is unfortunate.  These millions of doses are somewhat laughable given the large population of Thailand.  Any of those ridiculous numbers divide by two immediately - two doses required.  Plus it takes a lot of time to get it in arms, wait, then another dose.  A month if things go smoothly and that's if every person had their jabs immediately.  It's not how it goes.  It probably takes 3 weeks to get them all in at best!  So nearly 2 months for this pitiful amount of vaccines to make a good difference for this small group.

To say that Thailand will not be ready for any kind of tourism this fall is the understatement of the year.

I will say this - we had many problems with our online booking system too when this first rolled out.  Try in off peak hours.  I know how frustrating it is.

6 minutes ago, ndw said:

What is this Pink ID card? The only ID I have is passport, Thai drivers licence, Thai motorcycle license, and housing registration. There is a Thai ID number in the housing registration. But it's a booklet, not a card and so doesn't have any info on the 'other side' 

Many, many threads and posts on ThaiVisa regarding a Pink ID card....Yellow Book.   Basically it's an ID card for a farang who has gotten a Yellow Book.   See below post which includes a picture.  

19 minutes ago, Pib said:

Many, many threads and posts on ThaiVisa regarding a Pink ID card....Yellow Book.   Basically it's an ID card for a farang who has gotten a Yellow Book.   See below post which includes a picture.  

Thank you for the information Pib

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

scan QR code below with line app

image.png.eeab23dd70239d504d19807d2b6d247e.png

180468827_215911613264248_931916360156952647_n.jpg

AS of 10:30 pm the site is under maintenance!

I meet  some of  the requirements !

Thai ID card and over sixty 

Anxious to sign up and get a appointment for the AZ vac !

Edited by riclag

16 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am 77, no Thai pink ID card. I am wondering if I get my GF to take me to the village hospital/clinic, I can get registered there.

Definitely worth a try.....   

Ask your GF to call up.... call the hospitals and the clinics etc... 

Are you already registered with a local hospital ? (ever received treatment anywhere nearby ?).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ndw said:

Is this house registration book you are talking about yellow? Is your name in it, first name(s) and last name, and on the line below it a 13-digit ID number and your birth date?

31 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Did you use your ID number from your house registration book for the vaccination registration?

Forget my question. I see that you gave the information in subsequent posts, ie booking on the phone with the patient number given to you by the hospital when you were treated there previously. Good to see that this also works.

5 hours ago, Blumpie said:

It probably takes 3 weeks to get them all in at best!  

A lot longer than that with millions available and if people are willing.

4 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Would you please explain how you conclude "that Rubbish Chinese vaccine ".

One word, sh1iT is probably what they mean.

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Definitely worth a try.....   

Ask your GF to call up.... call the hospitals and the clinics etc... 

Are you already registered with a local hospital ? (ever received treatment anywhere nearby ?).

Yes, I have a card at Overbrook in Chiang Rai.

Is this only open for people over 60? Or? 

I'm a permanent resident, 57, I am retired but not 60 yet, 2 risk groups. I chose monthly pension so not contributing to the health care system any longer. I get an error on the first page in the line app, "please fill in correctly..." but I already have, exactly as spelled, perhaps except the laser code that blue ID cards have. Pink ID cards don't have it, there's another number but it doesn't work if I fill it in.

I would assume that retired Thais can register even though they don't contribute any longer, is it age or something else? Any idea?

2 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

I'm a permanent resident, 57, I am retired but not 60 yet, 2 risk groups. I chose monthly pension so not contributing to the health care system any longer. I get an error on the first page in the line app, "please fill in correctly..." but I already have, exactly as spelled, perhaps except the laser code that blue ID cards have. Pink ID cards don't have it, there's another number but it doesn't work if I fill it in.

I would assume that retired Thais can register even though they don't contribute any longer, is it age or something else? Any idea?

You need a pink ID card to use the app.  I believe it is only accepting people over 60.  It accepted me but my Thai partner, 55, needs to wait for the next group.  I don't know if there is a way for it to accept younger people with health issues--perhaps others have info on this.  

23 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

I thought I've posted somewhere.

Phase 1 (Mar-May): Health workers & frontline workers

Phase 2 (Jun-Jul): Aged 60 and above (Astrazeneca only)

Phase 3 (Aug - Dec):Aged 18-59

Unless you have serious health issue, I don't think they will accept. Almost everyone has high blood pressure, mild diabetic nowadays due to poor diet (too much sugar, no exercise) so this isn't considered 'serious'.

So you have to wait until phase 3 , the same as me. If everybody skip queue, I might also want to skip queue.

Edited by EricTh

47 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I thought I've posted somewhere.

Phase 1 (Mar-May): Health workers & frontline workers

Phase 2 (Jun-Jul): Aged 60 and above (Astrazeneca only)

Phase 3 (Aug - Dec):Aged 18-59

Unless you have serious health issue, I don't think they will accept. Almost everyone has high blood pressure, mild diabetic nowadays due to poor diet (too much sugar, no exercise) so this isn't considered 'serious'.

So you have to wait until phase 3 , the same as me. If everybody skip queue, I might also want to skip queue.

You skipping the queue or not is up to your concience, I won't.

I'll only take the vaccine if I am eligable.

Don't assume to know how serious complications a stranger has. It sounds silly

Edited by MikeyIdea

48 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Is there a way to register instead of going through LINE?

Why don't Thailand have a link to a website like everyone else in the world? 

Probably because everybody uses Line here and the application offers better functionality. You can also install line on your computer, then click to start the process there. It'll immediately open a webpage in your default browser. 

This is the link. I don't know if this will work if you don't have a line account 

https://morpromt2a.moph.go.th/

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If you have a pink Thai ID card you can register now using the Line app.

If you do not have a card, apply to register at your local government hospital or you can also try a private hospital - none in Bangkok yet registering people but one member reports being able to register at a private hospital in Nakon Sawan, no harm in asking.

I don't have a pink card, never been to a Thai hospital or clinic so none have any record of me... 
Guess I'll have to go to a local Gov hospital and see what happens?

I'm in Nakhon Pathom so not as easy perhaps as BKK with a hospital selection.