As vaccination booking opens in Thailand, who can get jabs and how?

webfact

1 hour ago, newnative said:

You need a pink ID card to use the app.  I believe it is only accepting people over 60.  It accepted me but my Thai partner, 55, needs to wait for the next group.  I don't know if there is a way for it to accept younger people with health issues--perhaps others have info on this.  

You actually don't need a pink ID card, what you need is an ID number. I had a yellow tabien baan with an ID number in (starting with 6) but I never bothered to get a pink card in the past (separate process). I had to get a pink card when I became a permanent resident. ID number changes when you become a permanent citizen, Blue tabien ban and pink ID card will then have an ID number starting with 8 (and you have to get a new pink ID card if you had one before).     

Edited by MikeyIdea

4 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

You actually don't need a pink ID card, what you need is an ID number. I had a yellow tabien baan with an ID number in (starting with 6) but I never bothered to get a pink card in the past (separate process). I had to get a pink card when I became a permanent resident. ID number changes when you become a permanent citizen, Blue tabien ban and pink ID card will then have an ID number starting with 8 (and you have to get a new pink ID card if you had one before).     

Good to know!  Thanks for posting.  

20 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

When I try to register with my pink card using Line, the entry after the ID number requests the number from the back of the ID card. This is a number that starts with one or more letters.   I do not see this number anywhere on the yellow Tabien Ban.

Did you have to enter that number?

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, rabas said:

When I try to register with my pink card using Line, the entry after the ID number requests the number from the back of the ID card. This is a number that starts with one or more letters.   I do not see this number anywhere on the yellow Tabien Ban.

Agree I couldn't complete my entry because of this, everything else works surprisingly well up to this point.

Alle Fotos - 1 von 1.png

Edited by sathornlover
add photo
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, rabas said:

I read in one place on the internet that the number was not required but it is set as required in the app. You can register by entering a blank (again not first hand info, internet) but don't know what would happen later. 

What would a day be without conflicting information in Thailand ????

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Puccini said:

Did you use your ID number from your house registration book for the vaccination registration?

I don’t have a pink card or yellow tabien baan. I telephoned the hospital, gave my hospital number and confirmed my address and telephone number which they had on record, then asked when I wanted an appointment.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I don't have a pink card, never been to a Thai hospital or clinic so none have any record of me... 
Guess I'll have to go to a local Gov hospital and see what happens?

I'm in Nakhon Pathom so not as easy perhaps as BKK with a hospital selection.

I have never registered at the hospital where I was able to get appointment so that seems not a constraint. I will go ahead and register for a patient number some time between now and my vaccination date just in case it will be needed at that time, been meaning to do it anyhow as it can save valuable time later bin an emergency.

But without pink card you'll have to register in person.  Sounds like some government hospitals are registering everyone and others are of the impression it is "Thais only"...typical lack of uniform understanding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

You need not just the ID number but also the number (starts with a letter actually) on the back of the pink card which I don't think can be found anywhere else.  No idea what that number means/is bit the app requires it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, johnch99 said:

Not sure how many people will want to have that Rubbish Chinese vaccine 

The June-July roll out for people over 60 is Astra Zeneca not Chinese vaccine.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 10:12 AM, Andy from Kent said:

The Missus informed me she can only register for the vaccination in her village  and at present she isn't' allowed to travel there other than for a bonafide emergency.

Stuck between a rock and a very hard place.

I'm hoping private hospitals will soon have the vaccine available for them to purchase.

Yes, and soon the millionaires who run these private hospitals will soon be multi millionaires.

4 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Is this only open for people over 60? Or? 

I'm a permanent resident, 57, I am retired but not 60 yet, 2 risk groups. I chose monthly pension so not contributing to the health care system any longer. I get an error on the first page in the line app, "please fill in correctly..." but I already have, exactly as spelled, perhaps except the laser code that blue ID cards have. Pink ID cards don't have it, there's another number but it doesn't work if I fill it in.

I would assume that retired Thais can register even though they don't contribute any longer, is it age or something else? Any idea?

it is open to people of any age if they have certain chronic health conditions. After you get past the first page you'll get a questionnaire where you select the eligibility category that applies.

Nothing to do with whether or not a person makes SS contributions.

On the first page, you have to enter your name in Thai exactly as shown on the pink card. Then below your name, the ID number and below that the code on the back of the pink card (starts with a letter/letters and then numbers).

I also got the "please fill in correctly" message repeatedly, turned out to be small mistake in Thai spelling, then failure to include middle name on the first line (it's on the pink card so had to be entered).

2 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

I don’t have a pink card or yellow tabien baan. I telephoned the hospital, gave my hospital number and confirmed my address and telephone number which they had on record, then asked when I wanted an appointment.

I don't have a pink card or yellow tabien baan, I don't even have as hospital number as I've never been sick and needed treatment...
Guess I'll have to go in person to the local Gov hospital and see what happens as a farang.

My wife tried  but couldn't  get the app to finish  the process! So I told her to call the hospital in sakon nakhon! She tried to call but nobody answers! 

She spoke to a friend in higher places(555) at the hospital !

They said the hospital isn't clear on what to do !

My wife told me to be patient !

(I'm in between a rock and a hard place! )

Sometimes I wish I could click my heals ! ????

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Would you please explain how you conclude "that Rubbish Chinese vaccine ".

well if you think that a 50% efficacy then go ahead and have the chinese junk, even China's top disease control official has said the efficacy of the country's Covid vaccines is low. It has been tested to be 50.4% effective which is only 0.4% above the World Health Organization for regulatory approval. So why anyone would want that rubbish in their arm is beyond me

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Pib said:

Today the Thai wife and I (I'm a farang) tried the LINE app again to see if we could get registered. 

When we tried yesterday the Thai wife using her Thai ID card was unable to complete/aborted the registration process because it had her hard coded as living Nakhon Pathom province and not were she/we actually live, own a home, and as registered in the blue book.    But when the wife tried today the registration was successful, did not have her hard-coded to Nakhon Pathom and she was able to select Bangkok as her province and also the correct district and subdistrict.   

Her registration went fine today.  But she did not attempt scheduling a jab because she is somewhat scared of the vaccine and don't want to schedule herself until I can also get scheduled.  There is suppose to be an area in the app were someone is registered can schedule an appt for someone else but she/we didn't see that option anywhere---and I expect that option might not appear until the registered person has scheduled themselves....and that option may also required an ID number that is recognized in the app's database.

So, with the wife being successful in getting registered we now tried again on my phone using my Pink ID card I was met with failure again...just as yesterday after numerous tries..  Easy first page to register as it's the same as with  someone with a Thai ID registering.  Just enter you first and last name, ID card numbers from the front and back of your card, and birthdate.  Then press continue....if you get past that page you are now offered a few more pages to fill out like selecting the province you live it....easy stuff.  

But I could never get past the first page....it  spends 5 or so seconds talking to the app server-in-the-sky (i.e., checking my info entered) and then a pop-up message asks me to recheck my info....try again....back to the first page to check the info you enter.  I even tried entering my name in Thai vs English just as on the Pink ID card as some said that then allowed them to complete registration with a Pink ID card, but no joy for me.....I still couldn't get past the first page as my info was not being found in the app's database.   The wife and I tried entering the info multiple times with her entering the text in Thai...or me when entering in English....just no joy after a half dozen or so tries.  

Basically it appears I'm not in the list of 16 million names which suppose to comprise this registration phase.   Since this info was suppose to be built for data submitted from govt hospitals and since my passport number has always been used for medical services at private and govt hospitals, I expect my Pink ID card number does not in the 16 million list.  While one govt hospital has both my passport and Pink ID card loaded, I expect my passport number is being used as the primary number.  And at the private hospital I use they use my passport number.

The wife and I plan to registered manually by visiting some sign-up location in the near future....the wife is hard over we both get registered as the same time and get scheduled at the same time.....and she is not really comfortable at all with the app....still prefers the face-to-face scheduling process.  

UPDATE:  Today (2 May) while visiting the wife's Mom in Nakhon Pathom province (next to Bangkok) we had some of our college educated kin folks try registering my Pink ID card on the Doctors Ready app....and they too had no joy.    They tried all the stuff I tried by entering my name in both Thai and English....using first name only, first and middle name, etc....etc....etc.   Summary: my Pink card data is simply not in the app's database therefore I can't get registered/scheduled for a jab using the app. 

Finally convinced the Thai wife to go ahead and schedule herself for a jab using the app since she successfully registered herself the other day in the app.   First looked at several dates for our private hospital here in Bangkok we have used for over a dozen years and very close to our home....looked at several dates....none of the dates had an appointments so we figured "private" hospitals may not be offering appointment just yet...just govt hospitals.  So, we look at the govt hospital in the wife's Mom home town in Nakhon Pathom  and after checking several dates it showed appts open for 1 July at the main hospital in Nakon Pathom City.....so we booked a job for the wife on 1 July.  

Since the wife now has a scheduled appt the Doctors Ready menu now offers her the option to schedule a jab for her father, mother, children, or relatives.   So, we attempt to schedule a jab for her 85 year old Mom, but to do this you have to enter the same info as if registering standalone...that is, name, ID card number, date of birth, etc.    Unfortunately, after multiple tries, the system wouldn't accept dear ol' Mom info--an 85 year old Thai citizen using here Thai ID card.  Her Thai ID card info was apparently not in the app's database just like my Pink ID card info is apparently not in the database.   Several of my Thai kin folks tried enter the data and also were met with no joy....and the kin folk said they are not surprised as others are experiencing the same problem....the app is just not recognizing their info....their Thai citizen ID info.   We also tried entering my Pink ID card info but was met with the same no joy results as deal ol' Mom..

About an hour later we got a message from our private hospital LINE app that they are now taking info for COVID jabs and the wife and I completed their online form providing name, ID card number, phone number, various other questions and hit submit. That info goes to the hospital and a message appears they will be getting back to use soonest.  Basically the hospital is just taking info for people who want to get a jab at the hospital. 

When we drive back to Bangkok we decide to stop by our private hospital so we can ask face-to-face again for info about getting a jab there.   Now today, they said basically we need to complete the LINE online form we had just sent a hour ago and wait for the hospital to get back with us.   And the hospital rep said many people have visited the hospital today asking for the same info. 

The wife and I get back in the car in the hospital parking lot and I decide to use the Doctor's Ready appt again to see if any appts for any date could be found for our private hospital as we had only checked 2 or 3 date this morning with no appts found.....then this morning we scheduled the wife for a 1 July appt at the Nakhon Pathom hospital.   Well, when checking the appt again for appts at our private hospital we found plenty starting at 9 June......it was like maybe appts had just been made available over the last few hours maybe.  So we rescheduled the wife from 1 Jul at the Nakhon Pathom govt hospital to a 9 June appt at our private hospital here in Bangkok.

So, the wife is good-to-go....all scheduled.   Now we'll continue the effort to get me---a one each dirty farang--a jab scheduled somewhere.   Hopefully my private hospital will be able to schedule me from the form I submitted to them today.....but if the govt has possibly given hospitals instructions to first schedule Thai citizens my private hospital may not be getting back to me soon.  Time will tell.

Plus I will continue in trying to get the Doctors Ready appt to accept my Pink ID card.....maybe, just maybe, the govt is updating their database with more ID numbers, both Thai citizen and non-citizen ID card numbers.   Time will tell.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, orientalist said:

I walked in to Bumrungrad today, where I have been registered for many years, and they told me there was no registration because the government has not given the vaccine to private hospitals yet!

I expect it's correct that none of the private hospitals have been given any jabs yet (just govt hospitals) but private hospitals are now taking appointments for jabs via the Doctors Ready govt app....with first appts apparently available on/after 7 June.

10 minutes ago, johnch99 said:

we will see, they have a lot of the chinese vaccine to use 

18 minutes ago, Pib said:

UPDATE:  Today (2 May) while visiting the wife's Mom in Nakhon Pathom province (next to Bangkok) we had some of our college educated kin folks try registering my Pink ID card on the Doctors Ready app....and they too had no joy.    They tried all the stuff I tried by entering my name in both Thai and English....using first name only, first and middle name, etc....etc....etc.   Summary: my Pink card data is simply not in the app's database therefore I can't get registered/scheduled for a jab using the app. 

Finally convinced the Thai wife to go ahead and schedule herself for a jab using the app since she successfully registered herself the other day in the app.   First looked at several dates for our private hospital here in Bangkok we have used for over a dozen years and very close to our home....looked at several dates....none of the dates had an appointments so we figured "private" hospitals may not be offering appointment just yet...just govt hospitals.  So, we look at the govt hospital in the wife's Mom home town in Nakhon Pathom  and after checking several dates it showed appts open for 1 July at the main hospital in Nakon Pathom City.....so we booked a job for the wife on 1 July.  

Since the wife now has a scheduled appt the Doctors Ready menu now offers her the option to schedule a jab for her father, mother, children, or relatives.   So, we attempt to schedule a jab for her 85 year old Mom, but to do this you have to enter the same info as if registering standalone...that is, name, ID card number, date of birth, etc.    Unfortunately, after multiple tries, the system wouldn't accept dear ol' Mom info--an 85 year old Thai citizen using here Thai ID card.  Her Thai ID card info was apparently not in the app's database just like my Pink ID card info is apparently not in the database.   Several of my Thai kin folks tried enter the data and also were met with no joy....and the kin folk said they are not surprised as others are experiencing the same problem....the app is just not recognizing their info....their Thai citizen ID info.   We also tried entering my Pink ID card info but was met with the same no joy results as deal ol' Mom..

About an hour later we got a message from our private hospital LINE app that they are now taking info for COVID jabs and the wife and I completed their online form providing name, ID card number, phone number, various other questions and hit submit. That info goes to the hospital and a message appears they will be getting back to use soonest.  Basically the hospital is just taking info for people who want to get a jab at the hospital. 

When we drive back to Bangkok we decide to stop by our private hospital so we can ask face-to-face again for info about getting a jab there.   Now today, they said basically we need to complete the LINE online form we had just sent a hour ago and wait for the hospital to get back with us.   And the hospital rep said many people have visited the hospital today asking for the same info. 

The wife and I get back in the car in the hospital parking lot and I decide to use the Doctor's Ready appt again to see if any appts for any date could be found for our private hospital as we had only checked 2 or 3 date this morning with no appts found.....then this morning we scheduled the wife for a 1 July appt at the Nakhon Pathom hospital.   Well, when checking the appt again for appts at our private hospital we found plenty starting at 9 June......it was like maybe appts had just been made available over the last few hours maybe.  So we rescheduled the wife from 1 Jul at the Nakhon Pathom govt hospital to a 9 June appt at our private hospital here in Bangkok.

So, the wife is good-to-go....all scheduled.   Now we'll continue the effort to get me---a one each dirty farang--a jab scheduled somewhere.   Hopefully my private hospital will be able to schedule me from the form I submitted to them today.....but if the govt has possibly given hospitals instructions to first schedule Thai citizens my private hospital may not be getting back to me soon.  Time will tell.

Plus I will continue in trying to get the Doctors Ready appt to accept my Pink ID card.....maybe, just maybe, the govt is updating their database with more ID numbers, both Thai citizen and non-citizen ID card numbers.   Time will tell.

You detailed information is extremely helpful, many thanks. I have some of my own I will report shorty.

As for things changing back and forth, I believe they are working on the software and databases as we talk.

• Like 1

Some info that may be helpful to some.

Background. I've had a yellow book 20 years, a pink card 4 years, and have been registered at my local private hospital, Mongutwattana in Bangkok about 20 years. Age: over the limit.

Maw Phrom line ap.  I live with 3 Thai, wife and 2 nieces. We spent the day testing all phones, software options, and everyone's registration info. Their ID can access MP on any phone. My ID and info is not accepted under any circumstance. Conclusion: My number is not in their database.

Private Hospital visit: I visited Monguwattana and had a long talk with the head at the registration office who has access to the registration systems. 

•  She said their current understanding is the registration system does not accept foreigners yet (her words).  I ask if she meant the Maw Phrom system, she said 'yes'.
  • I asked if a Thai came in to register through Maw Phrom now today, could they register them? She said "Yes".
  • She did kindly try my pink card and it was rejected. (no surprise).
  • ==> She confirmed my Pink card ID was not in their Hospital system, she added it.

She then gave us a Maw Prawm phone contact and suggested we call. Right! Just as 20 million others try to call... I will check daily to see if my medical information shows up in the Maw Phrom database.

Good luck to all.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just tried the app but it doesn't even accept my basic Pink Card info on the first page. It just keeps saying "Please input the correct information." All this info should be in the Interior Ministry database so I don't see how it can be "wrong."

Edited by orientalist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

I've had a yellow book 20 years, a pink card 4 years, and have been registered at my local private hospital, Mongutwattana in Bangkok about 20 years.

I've had PR and been on a blue tabien baan for 20 years. Also had social security for many years. I've used the pink card while renewing my driving licence and also at the amphur when requesting a summary page of my tabien baan. No problems there. Only with Mor Prompt. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pib said:

I expect it's correct that none of the private hospitals have been given any jabs yet (just govt hospitals) but private hospitals are now taking appointments for jabs via the Doctors Ready govt app....with first appts apparently available on/after 7 June.

Pib, which hospitals?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

it is open to people of any age if they have certain chronic health conditions. After you get past the first page you'll get a questionnaire where you select the eligibility category that applies.

d).

Has anyone checked whether the app reject people whose age is below 60?