What are Requirements docs to get Certificate of Residence at immigration

Hello guys

Apparently I do require Certificate of Residence in Thailand in order to open a Thai bank account.

So I read this article which explains the documents requirements I should provide to immigration:
Re: https://www.expatden.com/thailand/residence-certificate/#comment-12917

Which basically that article says (requirements):
Application, Forms, and Documents to get Certificate of Residence in Thailand
Before you apply for your Residence Certificate in Thailand, you’ll need to make sure you have each of these documents on hand:

1. your passport
  2. copy of your passport’s photo page
  3. copy of your visa (if applicable)
  4. copy of your TM6 Departure Card
  5. copy of your Receipt of Address Notification
  6. copy of your lease/house book with your name and address
  7. two passport-size photos

The only thing I am NOT entirely sure I understand is point 6. "copy of your lease/house book with your name and address"

To make it clear, I do NOT own a house or apartment in my name, 
I am renting a room long term on a residence apartments. 

[Questions]
1. So what would I need, exactly?

NB: Someone told me I need a copy of "Tabian Baan" (Residence building registration ID) along with a copy of the Residence's owner ID card.

2. Whould that be good enough? 

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your help
Matteo M.

Edited by matteo73
mispelling

There are many posts on this. Opening a bank account depends on the Branch you go to a lot of banks will open account without all the paperwork above some will ask for more.

Best suggestion unless you want to go through the process with immigration is try different banks and take a Thai speaker with you.

When  opened my account no paperwork was neccesary just passport and wife details.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

some banks only require a non o or non b visa, and with or without a wp.

some will open with a tourist visa

some will even open with a visa exempt.

try different banks

as far as getting a cor  in PHUKET , you do not need #6 and only 1 photo

I got a copy of the form the hotel I was staying with registered my checkin with the police or immigration - forgot the form number.

Used that to get the Certificate of Residence at Immigration, and used that to open 2 bank accounts at a Thai bank.

Edited by JimmyJ
  • Like 1

The only thing I need, here in Chiang Rai, for a residence certificate is my passport. The website you are referring to is absolutely incorrect. E.g. why passport-size photos where a residence certificate is little more than a typed statement - there is no formal model - where you are living and does most certainly not include a picture.

In Chonburi they were also asking for proof of your need for the certificate (in my case a contract to buy a car).

In BKK I believe they also want your last 90 day report receipt in your passport too.

Also if they're demanding a certificate of residence to open a bank account they don't really want you as a customer, try another bank.

6. copy of your lease/house book with your name and address

I rent from a condo owner that is outside the country and I don't have a written lease.  Every time I've needed a residence certificate from Chonburi Immigration they have accepted a letter from the Condo office saying I'm a resident there. I used this method to get a Thai drivers license ( original 2 year and 5 year), Vehicle registrations(2), and Retirement Visa extensions (4 times). I don't know if that's national policy or just Chonburi Immigration, but they've never even mentioned it or asked for a lease instead. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 7:57 AM, matteo73 said:

The only thing I am NOT entirely sure I understand is point 6. "copy of your lease/house book with your name and address"

To make it clear, I do NOT own a house or apartment in my name, 
I am renting a room long term on a residence apartments. 

[Questions]
1. So what would I need, exactly?

NB: Someone told me I need a copy of "Tabian Baan" (Residence building registration ID) along with a copy of the Residence's owner ID card.

2. Whould that be good enough? 

Ask at the local immigration office, it might be little different from office to office what they require to write a letter with confirmation of address; most banks require an address confirmation.

In reply to your question a photo copy of you rental or lease agreement, signed by you, is normally needed, together with a photo copy of the landslord's blue house book and ID-card, both signed by the landlord. For an office building it might be enough the buildings official registration/house book with the representatives ID-card, but I don't have first hand knowledge about normal procedure for apartments.

Some offices also require a copy of TM30 registration (the address report a landlord is supposed to have given to the local immigration office within 24 hours after your arrival/check-in).

You will need a copy of the house owners book signed by them, and a copy of their I.D signed by them, and their phone number. There is no charge it is free (although i have heard people pay for an express service ehm) . This was my experience last week in TRAT. I also had a letter from the bank who were asking for it.  had to return in 3 days to collect. 

573088802_IMG_20210503_093118(2).thumb.jpg.b8dad1e6386261c267112c4c55c502bd.jpg

17 hours ago, mikecha said:

Bangkok bank no papers just paspoort

Bangkok Bank required the Certificate of Residency in early 2020.

I got one due to that requirement and opened 2 accounts there.

Did their rules change in the last year?