100 Million, So far

Number of Americans fully vaccinated against COVID-19 tops 100 million.

I did not think this was possible by May 2021.   Last year there was lot of doom and gloom about the US.  “US healthcare system is on the verge collapse, riots and protests etc”.  100 Million is almost 33% of the US population.  Also, Disneyland just opened up after being closed for a full year.  

I also heard the United Kingdom has vaccinated approximately 30 million as well.  

I am not making political statement.  Just stating the facts.  One can give credit to Donald Trump or Joe Biden or Boris Johnson but very few other countries have vaccinated so many people in such a short amount of time.  

As a relatively healthy person in his late 50’s I would like get vaccinated this year without having to return to the US.  But the more I look at it I might return to Los Angeles in late 2021 and get vaccinated.  It will be an expensive trip but I do not want wait until sometime in 2022.  

• Like 1

"What a difference a new leader makes"

With all due respect, Joe Biden had three vaccines that were developed during the previous president's administration. I am not a fan of that guy but what would the US look like if there no vaccines?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

"What a difference a new leader makes"

With all due respect, Joe Biden had three vaccines that were developed during the previous president's administration. I am not a fan of that guy but what would the US look like if there no vaccines?

Come on. Trump was a covid denier. His lack of actions initially caused many unnecessary deaths. That's well documented. You have heard the audio recordings of Kushner, right?

Pfizer did the development all on their own.

But yes, Biden did have a head start. And initiated many actions to help combat the virus. A bigly one was just wearing a mask in public appearances.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pfizer did the development all on their own.

This statement is true.  But what about Moderna or J&J?  I am coming from the perspective of someone who has a "small: mind. 

The most important factor of a successful Vaccine rollout is:  Have a large supply of vaccines.  Joe had and has a large supply of vaccines.  Also, I never mentioned Jared Kushner.  

243 million vaccines, 103 million fully vaccinated...

Maybe another 75 - 100 million (2.5x - 3.0x of positives) with natural immunity.

but the rate is slowing.

And as we approach 600,000 deaths we do need to stay concerned.

• Like 1