Covid-19: What’s the Endgame?

On 5/4/2021 at 4:06 PM, cdemundo said:

They have been approved for emergency use because..... drum roll please... we have a freakin' emergency.

If you don't believe there is an emergency then volunteer to go to India and help with the non-probliem there.

555 not that bright ;)

Guess what? The US Military has the "option" of taking the vaccines.. In groups I know 50-60% have taken it

Guess why the others have the "Option" of not taking it?? Ding ding...yes because it is not FDA approved except emergency usage

As far as India yeah you should head on over see if you can help out as your probably vaccinated & now have total immunity right ? 555

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO only unsafe if in the group that gets infected, and of them only a small % ( apparently those with underlying health problems ) die. So unless everywhere becomes India, we shouldn't panic, IMO.

There are a very large number of survivors who didn’t have underlying health problems, but now have long term disability from the virus.

35 minutes ago, meechai said:

555 not that bright ????

Guess what? The US Military has the "option" of taking the vaccines.. In groups I know 50-60% have taken it

Not for long. It's going to be required soon.

Edited by DerbyDan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, meechai said:

555 not that bright ????

Guess why the others have the "Option" of not taking it?? Ding ding...yes because it is not FDA approved except emergency usage

As far as India yeah you should head on over see if you can help out as your probably vaccinated & now have total immunity right ? 555

Have you ever seen a bubble in a skillet?

Geez, there is absolutely nothing saving you.

• Haha 2

If all those who want a vaccine can be vaccinated, then what's the problem? 

Those who refuse a vaccine may catch the virus and may die, but so what?  That's their choice. 

Those who have been vaccinated and catch the virus should have a easy time to recover quickly, thanks to the antibodies already in their immune system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, simon43 said:

If all those who want a vaccine can be vaccinated, then what's the problem? 

Those who refuse a vaccine may catch the virus and may die, but so what?  That's their choice. 

Those who have been vaccinated and catch the virus should have a easy time to recover quickly, thanks to the antibodies already in their immune system.

That is the crux of my question here. Is the Endgame in Thai that so many are vaccinated that the virus fades away, or we going to see so many anti-vaxxers that there are future waves among the unvaccinated until they die off?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

"Some" could be 3 or 3 million. Saying "Some" in this context is meaningless, IMO.

I haven’t given you the numbers yet. I have informed you of the severity of the disease.

it affects at least 600,000 Canadians and approximately 2.5 million Americans,

basically about 20% of those hospitalized have symptoms after 4 weeks. As do some of the asymptomatics.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DerbyDan said:

Not for long. It's going to be required soon.

The supreme court may disagree. Something called "human rights" could be at issue and soldiers don't give up human rights when they put on the uniform ( unless, IMO, they are in China ).

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Severity IN YOUR OPINION. Without stats your opinion is just an opinion.

it affects at least 600,000 Canadians and approximately 2.5 million Americans, 

not my opinion. Just the facts.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Saltire said:

The endgame is still a way off in my opinion.

It's a bit worrying when the country (Seychelles) with the highest % of the population vaccinated is now facing a new wave.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-04/world-s-most-vaccinated-nation-reintroduces-curbs-as-cases-surge

There are a couple of factors here at play:

The population is small, so the difference between a wave and normal background infections, in absolute terms, is small.

The percent of those vaccinated but now infected is one third, small in absolute terms.

And they are using crappy vaccines.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Something called "human rights" could be at issue

They are not allowed to force people to get the vaccine. 

But everyone will know if you don't get it and there will be animosity between people who get it and people who don't ... within families, in the workplace...

It's not going to be comfortable going around telling people you refused it. I'm already being harangued by family members to go get it. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I could, I'd have given that 100 "likes".

There are way too many people thinking that they can impose their wants and opinions on me and that if I don't agree with them I must be a bad person.

Exactly & it is a bad trait of the few really...This lack of tolerance started a while back & grew into this cancel culture.

Not to worry they talk/cry & have tantrums but that is about it. ????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, covidiot said:

But everyone will know if you don't get it and there will be animosity between people who get it and people who don't ... within families, in the workplace...

It's not going to be comfortable going around telling people you refused it. I'm already being harangued by family members to go get it. 

How will they know? Do they tattoo people on the forehead after getting the jab?

IMO just let people think you have or are going to get it. You don't have to lie, just don't go around saying that you are not going to have it.

If perchance you caught it, you would just say that you were one of the people that it doesn't work on. To my knowledge none of the vaccines are claiming 100% success.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

The endgame is still a way off in my opinion.

It's a bit worrying when the country (Seychelles) with the highest % of the population vaccinated is now facing a new wave.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-04/world-s-most-vaccinated-nation-reintroduces-curbs-as-cases-surge

It's not surprising if one reads the thread about it on this subforum. It's not like 99% of the population was vaccinated. IMO a misleading headline, as they were not anywhere near herd immunity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I suspect not.

The rate is already declining. There is enough suspicion about them to make many wait and see. My friends already vaccinated, so if they don't have any adverse problems because of it, I will do likewise. As already said, I'm not at all averse to vaccines per se, just rushed ones.

2 hours ago, covidiot said:

How will everyone know?

My government don't even know I'm outside the UK.

I don't even tell people I meet (or women I have sex with) where I live or my real name ....... they don't need to know.

Edited by BritManToo

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

How will everyone know?

My government don't even know I'm outside the UK.

I don't even tell people I meet (or women I have sex with) where I live or my real name ....... they don't need to know.

Impossible to hide.

They're rolling out the QR codes. 

Maybe you won't even be allowed to travel within Thailand, but don't quote me on that.

Employers may discriminate against people who don't have it.

And family members will give you a hard time ... depending on your situation.

I'm getting it ASAP. The bs surrounding not getting it is way worse than all the other scenarios. I'd rather die of Covid than try to function in society without this thing.

• Sad 1

Just now, covidiot said:

Impossible to hide.

They're rolling out the QR codes. 

Employers may discriminate against people who don't have it.

And family members will give you a hard time ... depending on your situation.

I just point my phone at the QR code ..... even though it's not turned on and I don't have the app on my phone.

Pause, point switched off phone in direction of QR code, touch the turned off screen, and walk in.

Like everything else in Thailand, they're too stupid to check you're actually following the rulez.

I haven't worked since I retired age 45 (that was 20 years back).

We all had COVID in January 2020. (me, women, 2 kids).

I don't give a flying one about any other family.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2