Dancing out of COVID and into debt

funny-tik-tok.jpeg

Movement restrictions and social distancing are causing stress for many people, not just psychologically, but also financially.

Anything that might help lift the mood at the moment, during the third wave of COVID-19 outbreak, would be very welcome.

So, along comes a TikTok user named “Kom Kon Sea Sen,” and one of his recent posts, which has become something of a sensation, with its comedic choreography and sarcastic lyrics proclaiming “I may not have COVID-19 but I’m going to be blacklisted by the National Credit Bureau”.

The lyrics are rearranged from a song called “Chan Yom Rub Pid” (which means I admit fault) by Thai rock band “BLACKHEAD,” released several years ago.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/dancing-out-of-covid-and-into-debt/

Logo-top-.png

3 hours ago, BenDeCosta said:

I never would have said "in case there's a viral pandemic that would cause the whole world to effectively shut down for 1-2 years". It is just such a weird situation.

I think 5-10 years is a more realistic assessment of the situation.

Previous (tiktok) dancers in COVID prison camps were forced to make a public apology, is dancing now OK? 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Let’s be clear on this: if restrictions are in place, fatalities will be around 1 percent.

I thought the current death rates caused by COVID in heavily infected countries were 0.15%/year.

If you believe it to be 1%, 7x the rate I have read about, I'd like a link please.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I thought the current death rates caused by COVID in heavily infected countries were 0.15%/year.

If you believe it to be 1%, 7x the rate I have read about, I'd like a link please.

You are correct, the overall death rate in countries with restrictions is about 0.15% so far.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BenDeCosta said:

Sorry Mr Pedantic, I should have said that the vast majority of people who have died from covid were either of advanced age, obese, or had pre-existing co-morbities. Of course there will be some younger people who succumb to it. 

Except that is changing, as well. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1