Anutin Charnvirakul, man in firing line for Thailand’s COVID crisis

webfact

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

It will be the first head that starts rolling.. the beginning of the end for this Government. And put them in dungeons with water and bread

Very unlikely. They'll be around for a while yet. 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Has he explained why Thailand is dead last in ASEAN with vaccinations?
Or has he explained how we could have been beaten by even the PI?

Thailand isn't 'dead last' in ASEAN. Myanmar, Vietnam and Philippines have lower vaccination rates than Thailand.

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

How could the DPM and Health Minister possibly be blaming the PM after he himself very publicly gave the all-clear for Songkran travel?

“Although provinces have been divided into zones, designated by colours according to the infection rates, none will be locked down. People can still travel to other provinces without having to go into quarantine on arrival at their destination. Only people who have been infected with the virus, or are considered to be at high risk, will be quarantined.”

You think this wasn't sanctioned by those at the very top? In reading the news around the world, heads of government are taking the blame and credit where it's due.  Why not in Thailand. This appears to me to be a way of isolating him from the top job. 

Scapegoats are us...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Thailand and the US are totally different, thank Buddha. 

How many died from covid in the US? 

His many died in Thailand? 

This fact alone explains the diffirence 

How about the difference in the number of tests that the USA did compared with Thailand on a % basis.

That is a fact too, so is the fact that the USA invested time, people and money in developing a vaccine whereas Thailand did little or nothing.

Another fact for you. How about the speed that the USA produced the vaccine (s), built the distribution network and inoculated millions of its people before Thailand even started inoculations?

I am not knocking Thailand or its people, but the government who are supposedly running this shambles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Sorry Eric Th but I was going to correct you on your claim that the Indian strain was going to be the 4th wave as I saw somewhere earlier today that the South African strain was in Malaysia just waiting to cross the border into Thailand but whilst I was searching for the link to that I found a link on Thaiger that the 1st case of Indian strain has now been found in Malaysia. 2 things could happen here and that is the Indian strain does battle with the South African strain and they kill each other off or they join forces into a super virus before they invade Thailand together.

https://thethaiger.com/news/regional/malaysia-en/first-case-of-indian-covid-19-variant-found-in-malaysia

They will kill each other off. The Indian strain will knock out the South African strain, and then die of exhaustion. And we will all exalt! Goodbye Covid. Nobody is going to miss you. Be gone. Be gone now. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Thailand isn't 'dead last' in ASEAN. Myanmar, Vietnam and Philippines have lower vaccination rates than Thailand.

You are correct. Apparently that has changed since last week. 

Though they are still within the last 50 spots, worldwide. 

https://nyti.ms/2Yqfz92

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

They are answerable to no-one, and completely entrenched.

Looks like it is shaping up to be the perfect storm. 

storm, more like a raging hurricane - batten down the hatches.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How about the difference in the number of tests that the USA did compared with Thailand on a % basis.

That is a fact too, so is the fact that the USA invested time, people and money in developing a vaccine whereas Thailand did little or nothing.

Another fact for you. How about the speed that the USA produced the vaccine (s), built the distribution network and inoculated millions of its people before Thailand even started inoculations?

I am not knocking Thailand or its people, but the government who are supposedly running this shambles. 

that's successfully running a shamble,  that is not surprising as they certainly have a full gambit of useless "experts". 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely incorrect. Thailand is dead last. The PI Vax rate is almost double that of Thailand. A sorry state of affairs. 

https://www.statista.com/chart/24463/vaccination-race-asia-coronavirus/

No it isn't.

Here's the latest graph from ourworldindata.org which is the same source quoted in your one-month old statista link.

Thailand has surpassed Philippines and is not 'dead last' in ASEAN.

Bash on.

aseanjabs.jpg.0985676110cc72928cdb26d239daf191.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

6 hours ago, brommers said:

He is combative, ignorant, a loud mouth and basically a thug. Obviously prime characteristics for his current position. He will not be removed as the result of public pressure because he has the PM by the b*lls when it comes to the balance of power. No doubt his continual promotion of the Sinovac vaccine is based on something other than efficacy because even the Chinese admit their vaccines are inferior. I wonder what is the reason?!!

"I wonder what is the reason?" do you want 2 or 3 guesses?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They will kill each other off. The Indian strain will knock out the South African strain, and then die of exhaustion. And we will all exalt! Goodbye Covid. Nobody is going to miss you. Be gone. Be gone now. 

The big problem thou spidermike007 is that with the insurgents fighting along the Thai Malaysian border both of these bloody things are just as likely to sneak into Thailand without anyone knowing as most are interested in the tourist from India and not bothering to watch the back door

• Like 1

Anutin, the Tycoon and part of the shambles of a government the Thai people are not too proud to have.

This military junta is full of corruption, but again I guess that is just how it is in this part of Asia.  The elite

crowd of Thailand must just love the quality of their leadership, as nothing seems to change over the years.

Geezer

17 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Oh get over it can't you?

It's about his disregard for all Thai people less well-off than himself. More like the behavior of a sociopath.

Your whining and that of the other blinkered, perpetual TV Thai bashers (including those who think 'farang' is a racial epithet) is so much like the rambling of a different bunch of sociopaths.

I am rather offended to be labeled a sociopath as I do consider the word farang is racial abuse. I also do my share of Thai bashing as you call it. Constructive criticism can help any society. 

3 hours ago, AnnieSeek said:

Was he the one who said westerners don't use bum guns and use toilet paper instead and thus being dirty - or something to that effect?

No, nothing 'to that effect' at all.

1 hour ago, itsari said:
19 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Oh get over it can't you?

It's about his disregard for all Thai people less well-off than himself. More like the behavior of a sociopath.

Your whining and that of the other blinkered, perpetual TV Thai bashers (including those who think 'farang' is a racial epithet) is so much like the rambling of a different bunch of sociopaths.

Expand  

I am rather offended to be labeled a sociopath as I do consider the word farang is racial abuse. I also do my share of Thai bashing as you call it. Constructive criticism can help any society. 

Note I said "much like the rambling of a different bunch of sociopaths". Nobody was "labeled a sociopath" here, not even the character that is the subject matter of the OP.

Always interested in hearing how 'Thai bashing' can be construed as 'constructive criticism' too.

Otherwise, thanks for not hiding your light under a bushel.

20 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

No matter what, everyone knows it is him and the junta clowns above him who are at fault. The people need to get stronger.

To form a new Government they need to get guns.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Note I said "much like the rambling of a different bunch of sociopaths". Nobody was "labeled a sociopath" here, not even the character that is the subject matter of the OP.

Always interested in hearing how 'Thai bashing' can be construed as 'constructive criticism' too.

Otherwise, thanks for not hiding your light under a bushel.

You labeled anyone that has an opinion different from your own is a sociopath. Example the word farang and the ordacity to criticize Thailand . 

Thank you for your reply.