Where To Rent A Boat For 1 Day?

thaigerd

couple of thousand baht a head should get you a speed boat for the day ........................

before you have an apoplexy , fuel ain't cheep and speed boats are thirsty critters .

Check out Jimmy's lighthouse in Chalong. There seem to be alot of boaties who are tied up nearby and there is a notice board.

That sound good,thank you!

Donna, I don't want a speed boat more like a small fishing vessel would be great.

Gerd

Hello Gerd, you've clearly stated you would like a relaxing day in a fishing type boat , taking your own picnic, so why you're getting responses varying from speed boats to yachts defeats me. Just take a ride down to Rawai beach. From the new tsunami warning tower, all along the seafront, there are many longtaews for rent. Minimum asking is 1,000 baht for the day to the island opposite, a nice quiet spot for a picnic and some fishing.

Hello Gerd, you've clearly stated you would like a relaxing day in a fishing type boat , taking your own picnic, so why you're getting responses varying from speed boats to yachts defeats me. Just take a ride down to Rawai beach. From the new tsunami warning tower, all along the seafront, there are many longtaews for rent. Minimum asking is 1,000 baht for the day to the island opposite, a nice quiet spot for a picnic and some fishing.

i guess everyones idea of a 'fishing boat' is different. 10 people in a longtail boat is a lot to be carrying across a large stretch of water. i have done it on many occasions, but when the weather is as unpredictable as it is at the moment i dont know if i would want to risk it.

10 people fishing from a longtail boat is also not such an easy task.

also the noise from a longtail isnt exactly what i would define as conducive to a relaxing day out.

I want to go out one of the next sundays with a boat. Nothing special more like a fishing boat where we can go to an island for a rest, some fishing and bring our own food or bbq.

Around 10 people.

Any ideas???

Thx!

Gerd

I have a captain and a nice yacht sitting doing nothing . It is perfect for 10 people including professional fishing gear. I will match that speed boat quote, as long as you don't mind me coming along too. I will send you pictures if you give me your email address

Hi Gerd,

A good freind of mine does fishing trips , same as youre after.

He goes out around 3 or 4 times a week ( scottish guy) Think youd get on with him aswell.

Call me if youd like his number

Speedboat may be a bit fast and or noisy but a ###### sight nicer than most fishing boats..

I use a guy out of Rawai Beach (name Khao) for 2500 per day.. If you want long distance maybe add some fuel surcharge thats just spinning over to Coral or Raja etc.. He has said Phi Phi is OK but Lanta he cant due to license issues.

Thats not a huge speedboat but will handle 10 - 12 people at a push..

Now if anyone wants to match that price for a yacht then I am all ears..

Speedboat may be a bit fast and or noisy but a ###### sight nicer than most fishing boats..

I use a guy out of Rawai Beach (name Khao) for 2500 per day.. If you want long distance maybe add some fuel surcharge thats just spinning over to Coral or Raja etc.. He has said Phi Phi is OK but Lanta he cant due to license issues.

Thats not a huge speedboat but will handle 10 - 12 people at a push..

Now if anyone wants to match that price for a yacht then I am all ears..

Get your group together I'm all yacht. I can match the price and more

2500 baht for the day ??? Thats not per head...

hel_l lets talk anyway... What size is she ?? What sail plan ?? Been looking for someone local with a yacht that would do some day sails.

Well, I guess I can't beat 2500Bt for the whole boat. She is a 50ft motor yacht. Sorry no sails. Keep your computer running, Gerd is putting a day cruise together for a few members. I am not sure how to send photos unless you send me your email address

50 ft Motor yacht.. Nice gin palace :o

I would personally love to make contact with someone with a small to mid size sailing yacht, I should get more active with the ACYC or similar..

Will keep an eye on this thread.

I want to go out one of the next sundays with a boat. Nothing special more like a fishing boat where we can go to an island for a rest, some fishing and bring our own food or bbq.

Around 10 people.

Any ideas???

Thx!

Gerd

Yes most fishing boats will take 10 quite comfortably for around 10,000 B inc. lunch and soft drinks. BUT I would recomend 5/6 per boat to allow everyone a chance at catching a fish. So for 2000 B per head take 2 boats and have your very own competition. Probably a good idea as anchoring large boats in the low season off some deserted beach is VERY weather/tide dependant.

Lumpy wrather in a speed boat is at best uncomfortable and my friends with longtails would find 10 a bit much and you would have little to no cover in the rain. Look to the weather forecast, or look to my 1st/2nd option a days fishing in the rain can be great fun with the right company, a competition even better. BBQ on boat, bad idea, and getting one ashore without a tender even worse.

Drop me a line, no bait needed. if you want me to help out.

Regards Baan Kiki

we've used one a couple of times, costs about 8500 for the day up to 9500 if you are heading off to Phi Phi.

Has spaces at the back as well for tanks for those that want to dive as well, a sundeck on the top of the cabin etc.

The boats called the Catalina and you can call the captian on 0899711292 for a better description of the boat ..................