Vaccine rollout: Anutin denies standing in the way of VAX companies selling to private sector

webfact

51 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

The new Thai generation is not with that brainwash program anymore and bucks and refuses their kowtowing behind licking system now. This is what the protests are about and are backed the the big majority.

time will tell

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, malibukid said:

time will tell

I have 3 kids. One is 26, another 20, and another 18. They may be forced to go through the motions but they will never submit willingly now. Even the being a Buddha thing is semi going out the window when you are 21 or so. My son said he will do it for our funeral and only then. But for birthdays and other special occasions we do go to the temple as a family.

"World Health Organization to decide whether to approve Chinese Covid-19 vaccines for global use

Giving the products from Sinovac and Sinopharm the green light could boost supplies to the world’s poorest countries

The manufacturers have yet to publish the full data from their final trials but now the vaccines will be tested against a global standard"

Head Lines From: South China Morning Post.

• Like 1

It does not matter what is said.  Look at the facts.  No progress with importing the best available vaccines.  Nothing.  And if this is a monetary ploy consider the lost revenues from a slow economy compared to the cost of these vaccines.

Yesterday I read (not sure if this is true or not) that fully vaccinated Thais may travel freely between dark red zones.  Yet fully vaccinated travelers must quarantine 14 days now upon entry to Thailand.  And my guess is the traveler may have received one of the better vaccines.  Can someone explain this.  For me it makes no sense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Companies need to fulfil the requirements of the Food and Drug Administration in order to sell their products. 

and I think there is only ONE company in Thailand that fits/fulfills all the requirements  Siam BioScience   555

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Magenta408 said:

He's pushing Astra Zeneca after this poison was banned in 18 countries. Why? Moderna is probably of all of these poisonous jabs, the lest harmful. Methinks that Seneor Anutin is not up to snuff.

I thought all the top bods have already had the Astra Zeneca jab.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that the companies all want to do business with the government or government agencies and not deal directly with the private sector. 

Companies need to fulfil the requirements of the Food and Drug Administration in order to sell their products. 

he's soooo smarrrt that he contradicts himself in the next sentence, where did they find these people  555

(Sarcasm intended)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's DPM and health minister Anutin Charnvirakul yester denied that the government were standing in the way of vaccine companies selling to the private sector. 

Time will tell as history's feces are oft found when investigating off the tried and true path and oft found by happenstance. 
"What is that smell?  What is on my shoe???" 

""History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce."
-Karl Marx

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

If it's the end of the year we're talking about, wouldn't it be different day, same smell?

You realise you and one other only picked that up, same, same ?

6 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

The Moderna vaccine is in use in many countries with extremely competent and strict regulator agencies.  I doubt that Thailand's FDA is going to uncover something that these countries' agencies haven't noticed.  In light of Thailand's situation this should be a rubber stamp at this point.  But that's IF the government truly wanted to import this vaccine.  So far I haven't seen anything from them indicating any interest in importing western vaccines.

We're going to see this daily drip of press releases from the government in place of action from now until Siam Bioscience finally releases vaccine for public distribution.  And this daily drip includes starting appointment registration for vaccines that don't yet exist.

\from previous reports Siam Bioscience will/can only  produce 5 million doses a month and with no other vaccines imminently appearing in quantity, still going to be a long time to vaccinate the population of 70 million with 2 doses plus a booster in 12-months to combat the variants or at least that's how the UK are approaching it stating a Covid booster for all vaccinated this winter in the UK.... Going to be interesting time for Thailand but think their tourism industry is well and truly scuppered unless that was the plan all along!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And expats may well still be waiting for a jab.

I'm a little more optimistic because I know the government is under a lot of pressure to secure more vaccines and they should be here well before the years out, whether they will cost expats money by then is anyone's guess, but hopefully they keep true to their word.

• Like 2

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

I'm a little more optimistic because I know the government is under a lot of pressure to secure more vaccines 

Good point....if they care at all they have to pull their fingers out.......you could be right.

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Good point....if they care at all they have to pull their fingers out.......you could be right.

We have to hope, because without hope we have no ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

From the photo, looks as if he is about to dispense a pint of beer - what a bar steward!!

Barman pulling a pint of beer ale at The Castle in Coventry UK Stock Photo  - Alamy

"Dog's ßollocks"...now that was a nice pint......not sure you can still get it.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Thanks 1

'In the real world this guy would have been sacked by now' 

No, he was given the job to stall and delay the introduction of any vaccine before the local one is available and he is doing a great job. I cant believe the Thai people cant see through this charade! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, skorts said:

I agree. My understanding is that the World Health Organisation will not allow the pharmaceutical companies to sell the vaccines to anyone but Governments due to the risk/liability if someone dies after receiving the vaccine and they get sued. 
The Governments around the world are taking on that risk/liability and as part of the procurement process have to sign contracts agreeing they will not sue the pharmaceutical companies. 
With the Thai Government refusing to sign the private hospitals vaccine acquisition forms there is nothing the private hospitals can do as the pharmaceutical companies will not/cannot sell to them. 
Unless there is a change of direction by the Thai Government there will continue to be no vaccines available privately. 

.....unless huge brown envelopes change hands.

7 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Exactly. It's laughable.

Knowing Thailand, I wonder if in a few years we'll learn that there was a big corruption scandal around this and agreements with China that all non-Chinese vaccines would be delayed (in exchange for some Baht, of course). It's exactly the kind of thing that would happen in Thailand.

Everyone knows now why.But of course no-one can mention it . The last guy who did is facing charges. . Making the richest richer. It's not only obscene it's putting millions of lives at risk. Disgusting

• Like 2

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I can say him and the Junta are really great at one thing and one thing only, not telling the truth.

Junta rules , the Army . 

Therefore rules everything ...

Get on with your , everyday needs .

Moaning means nothing , and achieves nothing ..