Vaccine rollout: Anutin denies standing in the way of VAX companies selling to private sector

webfact

52 minutes ago, AnnieSeek said:

Is he the one who said foreigners don't use bum guns to clean their asses and are dirty?

No, he was misquoted by the foreign gutter press. 

However, using toilet roll is a disgusting habit, I haven't done so for decades. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

This covid vaccine crisis in thailand has exposed what many of us already knew about the elitist arrogant leadership Thailand has! Everything is profit before people ! Unreformable

One could say the same for most governments. Do you think the UK or USA would have had vaccines if they had been in Thailand's situation? After 1 year, less than 0.01% of the populace had died from this illness. 

I don't think there is a vaccine crisis, there are a lot of impatient, paranoid people around, especially expats. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Exactly. It's laughable.

Knowing Thailand, I wonder if in a few years we'll learn that there was a big corruption scandal around this and agreements with China that all non-Chinese vaccines would be delayed (in exchange for some Baht, of course). It's exactly the kind of thing that would happen in Thailand.

One big problem with your analysis: AZ vaccine is not Chinese.

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

One could say the same for most governments. Do you think the UK or USA would have had vaccines if they had been in Thailand's situation? After 1 year, less than 0.01% of the populace had died from this illness. 

I don't think there is a vaccine crisis, there are a lot of impatient, paranoid people around, especially expats. 

I could say you're funny !  Funny has two definitions. Guess which one ?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Any entity buying vaccine needs written authorization fro mteh government to do so. Which the government thus far has refused to provide to private hospitals.

I believe that most of the major covid-19 vaccine manufacturers have pledged to sell only to governments during the pandemic. The one exception that I know of is the company that manufactures and licenses the Sputnik vaccine.

19 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

OMG! I know this to be total and complete bulls*#t!

They're going to force us to take their lousy vaccines, while the private hospitals have been begging and pleading for the government to allow them to order Pfizer, Moderna and J&J.

I know this to be a fact from talking to different medical professionals here.

These guys need to get real. 

They've said a lot of crazy things, but this is among the craziest. Somebody in the government doesn't want private hospitals to get the vaccine. If it's not this guy then it's probably the PM.

Which company which will be making the vaccine?

18 hours ago, malibukid said:

Thai people are taught from an early age to not question authority, therefore no problem, take what ever offered.  Falang big problem.  very picky, think too much

Even bigger problem! The young people are starting to question authority. They get their news and form their opinions from sources which the Dinosaurs cannot control...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, skorts said:
22 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Any entity buying vaccine needs written authorization fro mteh government to do so. Which the government thus far has refused to provide to private hospitals.

I agree. My understanding is that the World Health Organisation will not allow the pharmaceutical companies to sell the vaccines to anyone but Governments due to the risk/liability if someone dies after receiving the vaccine and they get sued. 
The Governments around the world are taking on that risk/liability and as part of the procurement process have to sign contracts agreeing they will not sue the pharmaceutical companies. 
With the Thai Government refusing to sign the private hospitals vaccine acquisition forms there is nothing the private hospitals can do as the pharmaceutical companies will not/cannot sell to them. 
Unless there is a change of direction by the Thai Government there will continue to be no vaccines available privately. 

If the WHO does have this restriction on vaccine sales, why didn't the DPM and HM say exactly that instead of claiming that Thai private hospitals "want" to deal with the government "only" and not deal direct with manufacturers?

Maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about or it was a rubbish translation?

Both are highly likely.

1 hour ago, robert888d said:

Anutin is health minister and deputy Primeminister.What a shame someone more competent and honest isn't in those positions. 

Unfortunately, nobody else has got a whopping great big sycophantic political party behind them.

44 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

If the WHO does have this restriction on vaccine sales, why didn't the DPM and HM say exactly that instead of claiming that Thai private hospitals "want" to deal with the government "only" and not deal direct with manufacturers?

Maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about or it was a rubbish translation?

Both are highly likely.

On Thursday 29th April the Thai Enquirer reported:

The Thai Chamber of Commerce released a statement to private hospitals on Wednesday evening (28th April) confirming the new direction following meetings it had with the prime minister.
The statement, which was shared with the Thai Enquirer, reads as follows.

“The government has informed the Thai Chamber of Commerce that it has sourced enough vaccines to meet the requirement of every citizens, therefore the private sector does not need to buy any additional vaccines.”

On 5/4/2021 at 7:28 PM, redwood1 said:

No worries going vax free...The trial phase were in now will be over till 2023...

Vax free ..

The safest option ..

Wait for it , the Virus has mutated again .

Moher Nature wins again . 

Naturally ....

7 hours ago, Development at Khaoyai said:

How long can it possibly take to approve a Western produced vaccine, which has already received approval from major international authorities?

With this corrupt government forever 

• Like 2

On 5/4/2021 at 7:13 PM, habuspasha said:

But it's not hard to imagine that they would want governments to absorb what could be colossal liability risks.

True, but I strongly believe in the unlikely event of that, national governments would intervene rather than being at a corporate level. Especially as in the US, these have been funded by the US government.