Vaccine rollout: Anutin denies standing in the way of VAX companies selling to private sector

webfact

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

'In the real world this guy would have been sacked by now' 

No, he was given the job to stall and delay the introduction of any vaccine before the local one is available and he is doing a great job. I cant believe the Thai people cant see through this charade! 

Thai people , do not have Tanks ..

Democratically speaking ..

Just saying ...

2 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Smoke screen!  We have read numerous instances of hospitals and private companies submitting applications to buy the vaccines for months only to have the government agencies refuse to authorize them.  They were apparently told they couldn't apply individually but would have to obtain their vaccine supplies through the government. Now Anutin is saying that they don't want to apply individually because of insurance risks.  It apparently doesn't matter how many people are sickened or die.  

In a local newspaper today, the headline of an article was entitled "Government drops the ball again..."  It concerned the recent large outbreak in Klongtoey with many people sick and dying.

This is reminiscent of 19th Century mentalities when loss of life meant nothing to governments.

Just a few days ago, it appeared that, though I am an elderly foreigner, I could expect to be vaccinated sometime in June.  Now that seems to be put back until August.  I am now keenly aware that although Thailand describes itself as a "medical hub," it is not a safe place to be.

Were it not for greed, Thailand could have rolled out vaccines back in April.  If I can survive until August, I will not forget that, through incompetence and uncaring, Thailand has put my life in danger.   When I talked with my cardiologist at Bumrungrad back in February, he assured me that I would get an injection sometime in April.  It is doubly galling that, although I am at high risk because of my age, I must go to the back of the line because of my non-Thai nationality.  I am a renter of a serviced apartment so, although I pay quite a lot of money, I do not have the credentials allowing me to register for an earlier jab.  

People thinking of moving to Thailand should seriously consider this threat to their health if they reside here.

No worries going vax free...The trial phase were in now will be over till 2023...

8 hours ago, pseudorabies said:

The Moderna vaccine is in use in many countries with extremely competent and strict regulator agencies.  I doubt that Thailand's FDA is going to uncover something that these countries' agencies haven't noticed.  In light of Thailand's situation this should be a rubber stamp at this point.  But that's IF the government truly wanted to import this vaccine.  So far I haven't seen anything from them indicating any interest in importing western vaccines.

We're going to see this daily drip of press releases from the government in place of action from now until Siam Bioscience finally releases vaccine for public distribution.  And this daily drip includes starting appointment registration for vaccines that don't yet exist.

I have had the Moderna shots in the US! Why would the government need to get approval for Moderna??? Everyday new incompetent regulations: wear your mask at home. When you sleep? When you eat? Vaccinated people coming into Thailand who have not had Covid must now quarantine for 14 days instead of 7. Who changed this? So many incompetent people....they must have been working for donnie trumpy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, elliss said:

Junta rules , the Army . 

Therefore rules everything ...

Get on with your , everyday needs .

Moaning means nothing , and achieves nothing ..

Oh, I must tell my Thai family and Thai friends this. Such an eye opener. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

OMG! I know this to be total and complete bulls*#t!

They're going to force us to take their lousy vaccines, while the private hospitals have been begging and pleading for the government to allow them to order Pfizer, Moderna and J&J.

I know this to be a fact from talking to different medical professionals here.

These guys need to get real. 

They've said a lot of crazy things, but this is among the craziest. Somebody in the government doesn't want private hospitals to get the vaccine. If it's not this guy then it's probably the PM.

This <deleted> is all too transparent...Nobody should take the stinkin lousey vaccine and hold out..I hope thye Thai people stand strong and unite and force this stinkin govt to do the right thing

I actually believe him.. serious I do .. to stand in the way would require a modicum of intelligence, a dash of flair , a inkling of strategic thinking and a desire first and foremost to support his people... we all know he is devoid  of this so take the nice gentleman at his word please .. make some nice comments about his lovely white jacket and lets move on  

9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

So Anutin when he opens his mouth only lies come out. The Government and health minister can surely take immediately actions. There is an emergency decree...But Anutin will not do anything. Yesterday a meeting with Moderna and somewhere in this month the approval.. Why?? Today he can talk with with Czar Prayuth and telephone the company to sent the vaccines, but no first an approval, than a committee than another meeting in the parliament and than approval of the FDA and somewhere next year we will get it... Action is needed quick and without delays...

Frustrating idiot Anutin.  WHO yesterday designated the emergency use of Moderna unlike the Chinese <deleted>.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, monty1412 said:

I actually believe him.. serious I do .. to stand in the way would require a modicum of intelligence, a dash of flair , a inkling of strategic thinking and a desire first and foremost to support his people... we all know he is devoid  of this so take the nice gentleman at his word please .. make some nice comments about his lovely white jacket and lets move on  

No, the idiot is standing in the way to make money for the local Astra Zeneca one.  Not very good with the UK variant.

• Like 2

Moderna, JJ, and Pfizer can only be sold to governments, they are not selling to private companies.  The Thai government would need to order from them, and then wait for their order to be fulfilled.  This is how it is being done globally.. 

• Like 1

Wasn't a petition circulated demanding that Anutin be replaced?  Didn't Prayut then announce that he would take sole charge of matters regarding COVID?  Why does Anutin now seem to be back in charge?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

And then out of the other side of his mouth he states that vaccine producers will only sell to the "government".

There seems to be a concerted effort to delay both other vaccines and making them available through private hosptials. 

In the real world this guy would have been sacked by now.

Sacked ??? In the real world he wouldn't have gotten the job in the first place . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

So Anutin when he opens his mouth only lies come out. The Government and health minister can surely take immediately actions. There is an emergency decree...But Anutin will not do anything. Yesterday a meeting with Moderna and somewhere in this month the approval.. Why?? Today he can talk with with Czar Prayuth and telephone the company to sent the vaccines, but no first an approval, than a committee than another meeting in the parliament and than approval of the FDA and somewhere next year we will get it... Action is needed quick and without delays...

Gotta figure out how big the envelope needs to be 

26 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Wasn't a petition circulated demanding that Anutin be replaced?  Didn't Prayut then announce that he would take sole charge of matters regarding COVID?  Why does Anutin now seem to be back in charge?

Payute can't kiss his own a** needs someone else to do it 

1 hour ago, chiman said:

Moderna, JJ, and Pfizer can only be sold to governments, they are not selling to private companies.  The Thai government would need to order from them, and then wait for their order to be fulfilled.  This is how it is being done globally.. 

https://www.timesnownews.com/business-economy/economy/article/private-firms-will-have-freedom-to-buy-covid-19-vaccines-at-market-price-for-staff-can-directly-import-pfizer-moderna-shots/748120

It's very hard to imagine that capitalist corporations that have to respond to their share holders and the stock market, will not try to maximize profit by selling their available supplies to the highest bidders.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, w94005m said:

It's very hard to imagine that capitalist corporations that have to respond to their share holders and the stock market, will not try to maximize profit by selling their available supplies to the highest bidders.

But it's not hard to imagine that they would want governments to absorb what could be colossal liability risks.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Companies need to fulfil the requirements of the Food and Drug Administration in order to sell their products.

In other words the government Food and drug administration has set it self up between two private companies trying to do business.

Protecting it's own Thai company.

Monopoly at work again.

• Like 2

WE all    the FARANGS  write our dismay about the dealings of the Thai Goverment 

and give many sugestion what they should do  

but as we have next to nothing either voting  or say in the matters then why  bother\

it will not change you will be cheated ,robbed ,double charged   

if you want this vaxine either Chinese Modena  of what ever  follow many more leave get the vaxine in what ever country  that will give it to you   carefull of fake because like here there are many other countries just like here 

The intrest  of money goes above health here  

here is also    who you know     and not what you know .

Many  here shy away  from thinking of doing an exit entry because of all the documentation 

so i guess it is wait and see pay the price  if you want a Vaxine of your choice  

all  stay  safe and healthy  keep distance go back to being isolated again hopefully  thing will change 

It is not right that those with resources get quicker access to care but it is reality, most everywhere.

All the major embassies have inoculated their staff. Sure there have been some Diplomatic Indulgences as well. Did the Thai ministers get there AZ two months ago or is that still held up for blood clot nonsense? Private hospitals should have been allowed to provide months ago. Thailand could be offering vaccine on arrival like some countries in combination with ASQ plans. Now you have people flying home or to Guam of all places to get jabbed. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's DPM and health minister Anutin Charnvirakul yester denied that the government were standing in the way of vaccine companies selling to the private sector.

Yet as far as I understand not one company has yet to get past Thailands Food and drug administration, if as he say. companies only want to sell direct to the government why are companies trying to register with the government body?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, habuspasha said:

But it's not hard to imagine that they would want governments to absorb what could be colossal liability risks.

I was reading something about a vaccine producer, perhaps Pfizer (?) who wanted iron clad guarantees against being sued.  To the point of that foreign government pledging assets and paying litigation costs.  Hey, they have the vaccine, they don't need the headaches or liabilities.

21 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

These people can't even develop a vaccine on their own. Why is their FDA sticking it's nose into where it doesn't belong?