Thai policy of hospitalization after positive Covid test prompts change after stress on system

webfact

Just another policy this government didn't think through.

What could possibly go wrong?

Let people self quarantine. They need to do the same for travelers to the country who live here. Anything else is just criminal and a money grab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This case and others showed that infection is taking place within families and in domestic situations, he said, and he called for caution so that the spread of the virus would not be facilitated in this way. 

And some are saying that if persons are found to be Covid positive they can self isolate at home?

Another disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Read the story carefully - the policy has not really changed.

Previously, if someone tested positive, they were hospitalized (either in hospital, or a field hospital, depending on their symptoms).

Now, if someone tests positive, they are hospitalized.

The only difference was previously, the lab was responsible for arranging the hospitalization. Now, the lab is directed to call 1668, which is supposed to arrange the hospitalization. Same same for the patient.

Of course, 1668 won't answer the call, so the lab is going to have to destroy the test records and send the patient home.

Hi, could you kindly explain more what you mean? I am asking bcs. I go for test in 2 weeks as I have to fly back to Europe. In case I should be tested positive I would be very afraid and unwilled to go to such feld hospital. This is a total no go. My condo here does care with food supplies delivered to the door so self isolation with no symptoms would be easy.  So my understanding of your posting ist, that even if you would have to go to a hospital it is not happening? If so I would be quite  reliefed.

• Sad 1

Sathit said that from now private labs would contact the Urban Institute for Disease Prevention and Control and the 1668 hotline when they had positive cases.

The staff at 1668 would contact the infected person and arrange for their care with the patient themselves.

So I will be urbanized if positive and the urban warfare center, I mean urban disease prevention and control personnel will control me and send me to a facility where I will be normalized like all the other positive cases.

Thailand's policy of admitting anyone to a hospital or field hospital who tests positive to Covid-19 is now being reassessed after far more positive cases in recent days.

Yet nowhere in the article did I see this mentioned as being reassessed by the CCSA or anyone else in a power of authority. 

Maybe I am crazy, but yeah I don't believe things will change and all will be institutionalized in either a Hospitel, Hospital or a tent city field hospital.  It is after all about money.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

And some are saying that if persons are found to be Covid positive they can self isolate at home?

Another disaster waiting to happen.

Just the opposite.

if positive, go to hospital or field hospital.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Just the opposite.

if positive, go to hospital or field hospital.

There was talk down in Phuket that hospital beds or field hospital beds were short, some may go home to self isolate

5 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Confused! last week the CCSA stated the peak has passed don't tell me they got it wrong????

The peak has passed.

This new policy has nothing to do with the infection rate, only the issue that labs shouldn’t have to find hospital beds for those who test positive.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

IF you test positive, you have more to worry about than a trip to Europe.

Thank you for not answering my question.

...and I am not worried...but a field hospital in the proposed layout is everything but helpful for a number of reasons and would achieve the opposite of what should be achieved

Edited by OKF

1 hour ago, OKF said:

Hi, could you kindly explain more what you mean? I am asking bcs. I go for test in 2 weeks as I have to fly back to Europe. In case I should be tested positive I would be very afraid and unwilled to go to such feld hospital. This is a total no go. My condo here does care with food supplies delivered to the door so self isolation with no symptoms would be easy.  So my understanding of your posting ist, that even if you would have to go to a hospital it is not happening? If so I would be quite  reliefed.

From what I'm hearing you won't go to a field hospital they will want to send falang to a private hospital or hospitel (expensive hotel), either way it will be expensive, I've heard of 2 bills so far 170k and 300k

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Those covid + and asymptomatic may have already had covid and have t cells, so off you go in the system and get a big bill even though you are just immune

If your immune then you won't test positive.

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently if have t cells they can give false positives

Nope.

T Cells do not generate false positives for RT-PCR tests.

You May be confused by an antibody test - if you were previously infected, the test will be positive (at least for a few months after your recovery). But, if you are recently infected, the antibody test may identify antibodies, as well. 

43 minutes ago, OKF said:

Thank you for not answering my question.

...and I am not worried...but a field hospital in the proposed layout is everything but helpful for a number of reasons and would achieve the opposite of what should be achieved

Putting infected individuals in a condo may be a death sentence for the other residents in the building.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

Ha ha ha.  Remove this requirement and the cases could skyrocket.  The only way I'd go in for a test is if I was dying.  

Who in their right mind would want to sleep on a cardboard box a foot away from a fellow covid patient puking their guts out?  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

This means they won't be able to milk the falang so a good move

Actually the contrary, locals would be sent home to self-isolate where foreigners would be sent to hospitels to be milked through their wallets.. ????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Putting infected individuals in a condo may be a death sentence for the other residents in the building.

Not if they do it like the Chinese did, bolted the flats' door so nothing goes in or out ????

• Sad 1