Thailand to introduce 300 baht ‘tourist fee’ from January

webfact

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Brilliant timing, really.

How to win Friends and Influence people Thai style

At a time when they  need to fight for every potential Tourist against destinations that are offering more for less ( added Value ), they up and make this stupid charge upon all International Tourists.

And it wont be about the small charge, but the principle, that will stop Tourist arrivals.

A better plan, devised by people with Brains, would be to offer even better Value added to a Tourists Holiday

EG ....  Get Hotel owners to reduce their rates by just 5-10 %

Free Buses and Skytrain in Bangkok, and Holiday resorts

Lower cost SIM cards

Make dual pricing illegal and police it.

These are the kind of things that will attract Tourists here, give more for the Money

• Like 2

If tourists are paying 6.2 Billion Baht a year toward maintaining tourist sites, how can they continue to justify charging foreigners more to enter the national parks and tourist sites, when they are already contributing as much or more than the Thai people are to maintain the sites?

I am sure they will find a way, as not all that money will be used for the “intended” purpose.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Why should all tourists pay for a few scumbags who didn't pay their hospital bills? Those few scumbags should be jailed until they pay their bills.

If I see a homeless person, I yell at them, "Go work, make money, I'm not paying for your health!!!!!"   

Everyone on this planet should have lots of money, good health, and never need assistance.  I have no pity on the poor, or downtrodden.  Learned that in church.

Or maybe I have a heart and feel bad for those who can't pay.....

that is not the falang way.....the falang way is to criticize at all costs.  live in the biggest glass house and throw boulders 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Well it should cause a few Chinese tours groups to veer off towards Cambodia or Vietnam, so there's that...

300 baht? I am ready to pay 30 000. Just to pay in one window for an officer and forget about all those endless papers necessary to enter Thailand.
I hope this will become a legal choice.

Edited by friendofthai
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What’s wrong with these people ?! Pretty much everything they think of is to deter tourist away from rip off Thailand ????

Hello, are you listening ?! You do not attract anyone by charging them more, what a backward greedy mindset ????????‍♂️

That 300 baht fee imposed on tourists won’t stop tourists from coming to Thailand so that’s NO big deal!

BUT what will stop the tourists from coming to Thailand is the CV pandemic,

This CV is not going away anytime soon if ever!

it’s not jus Thailand that’s in deep trouble it’s the whole world NOW! 

• Confused 1

Good. Added to the 500bht they already charge through air fares the 800bht pp gives them 16.5 billion baht to cover unpaid medical bills amounting to 450m plus free vacs for 2m expats costing say 2 billion leaving a contingency fund of 14 billion to spend on say free hospitel quarantines for all Tourists filling up all the empty hotels owned by the high and mighty. Win win all round!

• Like 2

After over 15 years of coming to Thailand as a visitor of up to 2 Months staying I have finally been driven away by all the Scams. A visitor should be given curtesy but in Thailand i have noticed in the last few years you are now not wanted you are just a target for scams and assaults how many in Phuket, for instance how many tuk tuk drivers or jet ski scammers  that have assaulted tourists been charged ? even Security staff filmed attacking tourists were not prosecuted the next night they were working at a different club. So from now on its a two hour flight to the sun and Sangria for me. I won't be one of the twenty million flying there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

After over 15 years of coming to Thailand as a visitor of up to 2 Months staying I have finally been driven away by all the Scams. A visitor should be given curtesy but in Thailand i have noticed in the last few years you are now not wanted you are just a target for scams and assaults how many in Phuket, for instance how many tuk tuk drivers or jet ski scammers  that have assaulted tourists been charged ? even Security staff filmed attacking tourists were not prosecuted the next night they were working at a different club. So from now on its a two hour flight to the sun and Sangria for me. I won't be one of the twenty million flying there. 

To be fair though, if you go to the most touristy places you will find a lot of scammers...

In less popular places the locals are quite nice.

Speaking of which, it's funny they keep harping on about Phuket.. It's the last place in Thailand I'd go to.

I've been there before.. it's beautiful but it has changed a lot and it's, imo, overpriced and overrated these days.

Assuming things get better with Covid or they finally roll out vaccines, I'll go back to Thailand after they drop any idiotic quarantine and I'm allowed to go wherever I want, not one day earlier. (and they can shove their Phuket sandbox up their you-know-what)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

If this is being done then the legislation to ban double pricing will automatically be linked .. Yes? .. No? .. Or Stop making me laugh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

But it means for just 300 baht we are all insured so thats means no more exhorbitant hospital fees right? 

You are insured you don't have to pay as any medical and don't have to buy travel insurance as well...555

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Do you think anyone will notice your absence? 

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Add this to the 300 baht fee already charged to assist with the medical funds that they put in place years ago.  Whose pocket will this now go into....always a grab for money.  Just call it a Visa on Arrival fee and then you can do with it whatever the hell you want....sheesh.  Timing is everything with the Tourism schemes and then Covid.....

"Mr Phiphat said there was still a chance the Phuket sandbox could go ahead but cases on the island would likely need to be zero and at least 70% of the island’s population would need to have received the vaccination".

.......So July 1 is out and maybe October, good to know Phipat.....

While we're at it - let's add the 300 Baht fee we used to pay to exit the country those many years ago. you know, the 300 Baht payment that was 'scrapped' , and  added on to our air fares instead.

This smacks of yet another attempt to make foreigners pay more. In a few years, this will also be scrapped, and  sneaked into another tax we have to pay.

After the next rigged election, some tosspot will come up with another 300 Baht scheme.

And so we go round and round.  

• Like 1