Thailand to introduce 300 baht ‘tourist fee’ from January

webfact

18 minutes ago, internationalism said:

from nearly zero tourists now to 20mln the next year.

that is practically not possible

How dare you say such things.  He has looked into the magic mirror and asked it as well as the magic 8 ball.  Has it ever been wrong....????‍♂️

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And who will keep the money, hope a guy who 'stayed' in Australia before is not in the picture. In fact just who would Thai folks trust to hold these funds?

You can give him your bag of flour to hold, he will be fine using it for a payment.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Lol. Do you really believe that 300 baht will cover all medical fees?

When it is time, they will say it doesn't cover A, B, C,D etc. meaning you still have to pay.

A- surgery

B- professional doctor fees

C- chronic disease

The 300 baht will probably only cover minor illness like  food poisoning, sore throat, fever etc.

The 300 baht will only cover the expense of adding tourists to Maw Prom.

26 minutes ago, pattjock said:

300Baht is nothing for any tourist flying in to Thailand. Brilliant idea as long as the funds are well spent.

Tell this to the airlines....especially those low-cost ones in Asean.

The equivalent to 300 baht is not a fortune for tourists, and the idea makes in a way good sense, but the timing might be wrong, and the principle of a fee might be an obstacle for some visitors that don't like the idea of paying an entry fee, especially when it's a question of rebuilding the tourism. The STV showed that one thing is domestic math, another thing is real world facts, tourists might not be waiting in queue-line just to get back into Land-of-Smiles at any cost...????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, gearbox said:

It is just a money grab. They'll try to do everything to squeeze you, but you can squeeze back. Don't pay any tips in restaurants, massages, etc until the tips withheld reach 600 baht. If someone complains tell them to email Mr Phiphat about their "unforeseen problems or hardships".

2 less lady drinks lol.????????

I stuck my finger in a woodpeckers hole, the woodpecker said God bless my sole. Take it out, take it out, remove it.

I removed my finger from a woodpeckers hole, the woodpecker said God bless my sole.  Put it back, put it back, replace it.

I replaced my f........ bla bla bla bla bla....

• Confused 1

OK they have gone from Roadmaps to Bubbles to Hubs and now to Sandbox's wonder what they will come up with next ? might just be some their extra income has been affected and needs a boost hit the tourists up !

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

from nearly zero tourists now to 20mln the next year.

that is practically not possible

Travel agency's from Europe has almost sold out all they Thailand holiday trip's for christmas. 

Still people want to travel in Thailand! BUT then BIG but, they  have to haddle covid first what not looking good! Europe ,USA.... start to allow they citizen's to travel before autum but where they go? In this time not in Thailand!

Edited by 2 is 1

Thing is that if they charged a 1000 baht per entry or visa renewal to cover all medical bills whilst in the country, I think most of us would go with it. Taking  money for nothing for their previous failures is just a tourist scam

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The idea behind the fee was that any money generated would be used in the management of tourist attractions as well as helping to cover the medical bills of uninsured tourists.

Interesting that the fee amount seems to have been decided. Yet, the use(s) for this slush fund seem to be up in the air. Still an idea I guess. Sounds like Committee-time?

I'm OK with this as long as it guarantees we don't have to listen to any "authorities" whining about unpaid hospital bills ever again.